sidérea [Fantasy Sci-Fi/Drama][NaNo 2017]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Hojita
Regular
Projects: sidérea
Tumblr: hojitasdelimon
Deviantart: limolimonera

sidérea [Fantasy Sci-Fi/Drama][NaNo 2017]

#1 Post by Hojita »

-place holder logo-
Since born, Meecla has always been an unstable star, and despite causing terror to her cluster partners, she has been able to live a quiet life.
But, after of billions of years, her instability gets notorious, and everyone realizes that the end of her life is near.
With the threat that she becomes a black hole, the decision is unanimous: Meecla must go away and be alone for the rest of her life to secure the safety of her sisters and spacemates.
Desolated, and facing an imminent death, she leaves her cluster in search for a place where everything can end.
Characters

Meecla
It's hard to define the family where this star belongs, because of the instability of her mass. Usally the other stars refers to her as a protostar. However, with every passing millennium she gets more and more similar to a blue supergiant, alarming the rest of the cluster.
Despite being insecure, she is polite and friendly.

Methusela
The older star in the cluster, as well as the brightest. Being just in the middle of her life cycle, she acts as a guide and leader to the rest of the cluster. Her experience trought the universe gives everyone trust, but that doesn't changes the severity she can use on them.

Vivi & Aria
A binary star pair that never stops orbiting mutually. Everyone thinks they are twins, but Aria was formed first, yet Vivi is the biggest in size.
They are quiet and usually only communicate with each other. It's hard to know what are they thinking or whising.

Asteris
Yellow dwarf, and once a solar type star. She abandoned the system that once illuminated because she felt she didn't have enough worship from her followers.
She is confident and impulsive. Tends to plan things for her convenience.

And with at least 4 secret characters that will be revealed along the gameplay!

Features:
-Multiple endings (confirmed)
-Little animation in sprites (in evaluation)
-Animated main screen (in evaluation)
-1080p resolution (if possible)
-A lot of stars (confirmed!)
About
This project was once one of my ideas for past year's yuri jam. I got some time to read about stars and changed the concept, being pretty happy with it. Please note that the story may be not 100% scientifically correct. I had to take some liberties to make the story progress.
I'm working along this almost alone, just with the help from a friend outside the forums to do the programming part. I wanted to post the character concepts today, but I got a lot of things to do related to my job, so I think there is a big chance I would not finish this by end of march.
Also, my main language isn't english, it's spanish, so sorry if there are some errors. My idea is write first in spanish and then translate it, with some help to check the grammar, and then release this on itchio and steam (if possible).

I would be very happy if you guys left some comments about the characters, idea, story, etc.

My idea is release this first and then, with time, release other stories about the characters and other beings from space c:
I will be updating this post.

Thanks for reading!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: sidérea [Fantasy Sci-Fi/Drama][NaNo 2017]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this so much. Star girls are gonna be adorable!! ...Poor Meecla, though. I hope everything turns out well for her. :c

I might be able to help with proofreading, but unfortunately it would have to be after March as I am busy with my own NaNo stuff + schoolwork.

I wish you luck on this project!

Avior
Regular
Completed: Voeux, That Bitter Taste, MISSION: Otome!, B.A.T., Assume Survival, Glass Rooms, The Candles Breathe
Projects: String Us Together
Organization: Avior Games, Dream Team Studios
itch: avior

#3 Post by Avior »

This is a really cute idea! I think I'm most interested in Vivi and Aria at the moment.

Are you going for a yuri dating sim or more story focused? Both maybe? Either way, I love anything space themed (if you couldn't tell by my handle, haha) and this is a great concept! I'm really interested to see where you take it.
Image Image

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#4 Post by Alcor »

Oh, this sounds fantastic! I'm really loving the premise! (I'm a sucker for stars and space in general, if my username 'Alcor' indicates anything...). Definitely looking forward to seeing the character concepts. Vivi and Aria are the most interesting to me at the moment, and I'm really glad you included a binary star pair; it's such a cool phenomenon.

Good luck!

Hojita
Regular
Projects: sidérea
Tumblr: hojitasdelimon
Deviantart: limolimonera

#5 Post by Hojita »

Thanks for the comments guys!

@Avior: This time I think this would be more story focused. I'm more a story focused person that romances at the time I play a VN.
The original idea was about a star that sacrified herself to give life to another one, and it was not a romance, most likely this was about deep relationships and unconditional love.

I thought about the chance of write more endings were Meecla can live happily -or not- the rest of her years with another star (or another space thing). I gonna think about it, but MC doesn't seem on the best condition to give love right now xD