//TODO: today [Slice of Life, Romance][NaNo17]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
zankizuna
Veteran
Completed: Monochrome Valentine
Projects: Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna

Re: //TODO: today [Slice of Life, Romance][NaNo17]

#31 Post by zankizuna »

Oh man... I love this game!! The art is so cute I'm so jealous!

eZombo
Regular
Soundcloud: eerron
itch: ezombo

Re: //TODO: today [Slice of Life, Romance][NaNo17]

#32 Post by eZombo »

Plutoparfait wrote:date-able AI? Sign me up

Also,The art looks fantastic! I can't wait to play what you've made!
Thanks! We hope you'll like it :D
chiharuchi wrote:I hate it... BUT I LOVE IT.

Why I hate it;
Simply because as of now the convo on March 18th feels very directed to me personally and I'm very much like the MC. Very.. Much. It makese think, it does! About my life that I hardly do anything about it. I feel like Joyce is getting to me- Is that your purpose for this game? Or is it simply a relatable great story?

Why I love it;
It is very long. At least it feels like it. I've been playing it God knows when and for God knows how long but I feel very full. I don't feel irritated like a very long scene on one thought and it's not a drag. It is very fulfilling the entire time I play it. I get sucked into it. Kudos and congratulations. Though sometimes I wonder if it's romance but believe me, I've completely forgotten I came here for romance and just indulge myself in the game. Just playing it, "in the moment."

I am still in the middle of playing it March 19th, it almost made me cry. I admit, being very into it, I actually felt betrayed but Joyce is quite correct.

Bittersweet. Now I know how it really feels like.
- Also, I wonder if Zen, Suuj, Ex, or Joyce are datable? -
Thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate it! It's not our main purpose with the game but I wanted to touch on topics that I've been dealing with myself, like productivity, being happy with what you do, and bringing about change you'd like to see in your life. So I'm happy it spoke to you!
There's not much romance so far (and it's not the main focus of the game) but we will try to include it a little more in the second half. So far the only characters datable are Joyce and Phoenix. We thought about including others as well but since this was still a NaNoRenO game we figured that our scope was already big enough with two routes :'D
Godline wrote:This is just adorable. I was happily playing along and when Joyce popped up it was just like...
(●´ω`●)
Eee!

I think this is definitely one of the most underestimated Nanoreno entries. Probably because it's not straight out romance.

Everything was just so beautiful and perfect and while the endings feel a little anti-climatic (without giving spoilers) everything is wrapped up nicely.

Awesome job!
Thank you! I can see how the ending isn't exactly satisfying right now but it's only the halfway-point after all :'D
We'll try to make things more exciting in the second half :lol:

zankizuna wrote:Oh man... I love this game!! The art is so cute I'm so jealous!
Thank you! (on behalf of Pectin as well since I didn't contribute much to the art :'D)