- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:52 am
- Completed: Palinurus, Fare Thee Well
- Projects: Avitus, Our Home.
- Organization: Watercress
- Skype: optional_sauce
Actually, it's been upon us for about a week and a half now, I just haven't gotten around to posting about our project yet!
2017 will be Watercress' third year participating in NaNoRenO. In 2015, we embarked on a journey through the stars in 'Palinurus'. Then, in 2016, we traveled fifty years into the past in 'Fare Thee Well'.
Welcome to Watercress' NaNoRenO 2017 project: 'Our Home.'
Harkening back to our origins with Palinurus and Fare Thee Well, Watercress' venture into our third NaNoRenO is a dark one. 'Our Home.' handles much more mature and real issues compared to our other games, with no real fantasy element this time. It's a complex story depicting a very real situation in a very real home - Our Home. While it isn't a work of nonfiction, it most certainly touches on some of our society's fundamental issues, including but not limited to drug addiction, spousal abuse, and mental health. With a large team with members from multiple studios, this is our biggest project yet (looking to be 3x larger than Palinurus/Fare Thee Well with many, many endings based on a strong point system), we're dedicated to telling this story the right way.
It deals with many painful parts of the human condition, so consider that your first warning. Many decisions can lead to bad endings, and there are dark turns to be made. With a strong cast of voiced characters in a world divided, this duality serves as your only reprieve in this adventure. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, however, and not all roads lead to ruin...
- Project Director: TheForeverLoneWolf
- Coding Director: EchoFrost
- Art Director: Th1Alchemyst
- Music Director: Kierious
- Voice-over Director: MatKrulli
- Writing Director: TuttyTheFruity
- Marketing Director: OptionalSauce
- Sprites: InstantRiot
- Sprites: Kieran
- CGs: KentaChiba
- Backgrounds: Miamelly
- Backgrounds: TuttyTheFruity
- UI, Misc.: Anagram-Daine
- Writer: TheForeverLoneWolf
- Writer: TuttyTheFruity
- Writer: Zodai
- Writer: Sagittaeri
- Writer: TheForesakenOne
- Writer: Slike
- Editor: Critanium
- Editor: OptionalSauce
- Kujira Shonen
This is the fun part, right?
I only have two pieces I can share right now, but we will update with more soon.
Thanks for checking out 'Our Home.'! We look forward to completing the project and wish you all a happy NaNo!
~~OptionalSauce and all of us from Watercress
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:33 am
- Completed: A New and Beautiful World [Ludum Dare 30], Lull [Ludum Dare 31], Palinurus [NaNoRenO 2015], Seeds of Sylvia [Secret Santa 2015], Fare Thee Well [NaNoRenO 2016]
- Projects: Republic of Stories
- Organization: Freelance
- Skype: electromancer2014
- Location: Chicago
I expect great things!
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:12 am
- Completed: Palinurus, Fare Thee Well, Lull, Seeds of Sylvia
- Projects: Avitus, Palinurus, Seeds of Sylvia, Fare Thee Well, Lull, Cat Girl Safari
- Organization: Watercress Studios
- IRC Nick: EchoFrost
- Github: EchoFrost
- Location: In your heart <3
In short, everything is going really well! Our script is pretty much complete and is just waiting for some additional editing before the entirety of it makes its way into Ren'Py. Most art assets are complete, and any remaining assets we expect to have completed by the 24th! The remaining few days the team will be using to record voice lines, put everything into Ren'Py, polish it, and test for any major issues. For now I think I'll tease a few more art assets since it's the easiest thing to show off.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users