Adamant [Psychological Thriller]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Jetanwm
itch: jetanwm

Adamant [Psychological Thriller]

#1 Post by Jetanwm »

Hi guys, my name is Jetanwm and this will be first time participating in NaNoReNo and also my first time making a game/drawing the art for a game. I suck at both of these things so bear with me plox.

Summary

You are nobody special. You've spent your life keeping your head down and avoiding confrontation with the worst people. As far as you know you've never really managed to anger someone to the point where they hated you.

So why are you locked in this dungeon?

You find yourself at the mercy of a "Mr. Hardy." A man whose name might be as fake as his smile. For some reason Mr. Hardy doesn't seem to be interested in killing you - at least for the moment. You'll have to play his games to survive your new prison. Maybe if you're lucky you'll be able to make your escape. But just what does Mr. Hardy have in store for you? Is the game rigged against you? Why did he kidnap you in the first place?

In the face of overwhelming adversity, remain Adamant and survive.

Synopsis

Due to my lack of skills I've decided to take an approach that relies more heavily on my writing skills than the others. In this game your objective is to survive. You have to outwit Mr. Hardy and dissect what he says in conversation with you in order to advance through his maze-like dungeon. Solve puzzles, refrain from irritating Mr. Hardy during his visits and impress the bastard. Solve the mystery of why he even took you in the first place.

Plans and Development

My team is me, myself and I. As such I have a lot of work to do in that respect. I'll be using TyranoBuilder because the engine is already set up and saves me time with the coding, allowing me to focus on the art and writing aspects of the game. I'll post here when I can/have updates.

Features for this game is currently planned as a "Health" system to make your decisions have serious consequence (leading to a game over if too many wrong ones are made.) Multiple branching paths (do you escape or does something different happen?) I may decide to voice act for Mr. Hardy myself.

Currently Completed
Base art for Mr. Hardy. It's nothing impressive compared to the artists we have on this site but considering I only started drawing anything more than doodles this month, I think I've made some decent progress. That being said, any critique to help me better this would be much appreciated. I use Krita for the artwork.

Currently Working On

Story elements, now that I have a base picture to work with I want to get the story done before I worry about CG's or the like.

Cube
Regular
Completed: You and Me | Love is in Bloom
Projects: Ego Holic
Tumblr: qbstudios
itch: qbstudios

Re: Adamant [Psychological Thriller]

#2 Post by Cube »

Plot outline sounds very intriguing - but maybe a bit too much for a small VN whipped up in a month? Don't overstrain yourself!

Regarding the art: As long as it fits together with the background and such, all is game! (Although I expected a more 'sinister/fake' smile on Mr.Hardy, tbh)

Another Solo-er and I wish you the best of luck, you'll need it! ^^ Keeping an eye on this one.
ImageImageImage