Encanto (Fairytale Fantasy/Mythic Fiction) (NaNoRenO 2017)

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Catlip Candy
Regular
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Story (title susceptible to change)
Organization: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy

Encanto (Fairytale Fantasy/Mythic Fiction) (NaNoRenO 2017)

#1 Post by Catlip Candy »

I hope it's not too late to post this :cry: I tried to finish the main image that I'm gonna use for the VN and I'm behind schedule!!!

"A boy named Luke secretly sneaked out of the house to play in the woods, but stumbled upon a lake. There he meets a mysterious girl who asks him to play with her. As a child, Luke knows it's bad to lie and he's been told by his parents not to talk to strangers. His fate depends on what he chooses, if he'll abide by his parents rules, or if he'll bend the rules, just a bit."

It's going to be a very, very short visual novel with the very short script, and a very rushed visual novel, too :? (since I just started on March 15 >.> shaaaaame on meeeh)

Features:
- very short (maybe less than 15 minutes if you read fast enough)
- 6 endings
- 5 CGs/CG Gallery
- Extra for Author's notes after locking all endings (#ihopeihavemoretimepleasepleasepls)
- Just one sprite even tho there are 4 characters (//slapped)

The only sprite I've made so far is the girl by the lake...

Now, I'm thinking of drawing the other three sprites. I guess I have some time...

Meanwhile my backgrounds look rushed, a bit childish (like a kid made them) but at least, they all look the same in style. It's difficult to find different backgrounds from different artists that would look naturally the same style of art with each other (if I even make any sense).

Here's Luke's room:

And here's the lake one:

My NaNoRenO Diary stuff, just because I like to keep track of my productivity if I neglected the NaNoRenO VN in a particular day :v:

March 15 - Did the script

March 16, Thursday - Did sprite of the girl at the lake

March 17, Friday - Made a CG ending (underwater), Started a sketch on another CG ending (boy at hospital)

March 18, Saturday - Completed the CG ending which sketch I started yesterday (but I need to add more drawings on it about the pc monitor and dextrose) and did another sketch on another CG ending (girl and the boy together)

March 19, Sunday - Colored the sketch I did yesterday (but again, I need to add more drawings on it such as face expressions)

March 20, Monday - Did the Author's notes and finished the CG I colored yesterday. Made another sketch about the other CG (hand CG). Up to this point I wonder why it feels like my routine begins with doing a CG and after completing, I always sketch another CG and leave it incomplete 'till the next day. Can't everything be done in one day?

March 21, Tuesday - Finished all the CGs I needed to finish, and made a lake background.

March 22, Wednesday - Haven't done much because of school requirements. Made a forest background.

March 23, Thursday - at 3am, finished the forest bg and is now making the garden bg, couldn't finish tho so it's still not colored.

This afternoon, made the dining area bg, the room bg, the woods bg, the office bg, the car BG. And encoded the images on the script.

All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!
Please help me become a better visual novel creator!

~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Encanto (Fairytale Fantasy/Mythic Fiction) (NaNoRenO 201

#2 Post by Zelan »

The girl's sprite is super pretty! ^_^ This looks like it'll be cute.

Catlip Candy
Regular

#3 Post by Catlip Candy »

Zelan wrote:The girl's sprite is super pretty! ^_^ This looks like it'll be cute.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm sure it was just an accident that I made her a bit cute cos no matter what I do, I can't draw her the same way again in the CGs

OTL

And thank you for your hard work and effort updating the genre thread! I was thinking on how I'd let you know to include mine on the list since I posted soooo late but you beat me to it!! Thank you very, very much!~
All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

#4 Post by Sonomi »

It's not too late, it's never too late. ;)

The art is consistent across. I consider it a distinctive style like anything else. Your backgrounds really do look great as well. Don't worry so much about rushing and just take your time making it awesome. Your progress reports alone show your diligence.

I like this story concept and I'm totally looking forward to giving it a read. Best wishes!

Catlip Candy
Regular

#5 Post by Catlip Candy »

Sonomi wrote:It's not too late, it's never too late. ;)

The art is consistent across. I consider it a distinctive style like anything else. Your backgrounds really do look great as well. Don't worry so much about rushing and just take your time making it awesome. Your progress reports alone show your diligence.

I like this story concept and I'm totally looking forward to giving it a read. Best wishes!

Thanks so much you liked the backgrounds o_____o and the story concept~ I'll be finalizing the images and sounds now! Thanks for the support!

Catlip Candy
Regular

#6 Post by Catlip Candy »

Just updating... I'm now looking for music for this NaNoRenO VN but it seems that I've forgotten bout something completely >.> The license part... I'm thinking of having a "Name Your Price" sort of donation, but with this, it's either I should make my own music or use someone else's music but with a license that allows me to use for VNs that I'll be profiting from. It's not like I'm really sure someone would really donate with this rushed VN :lol: but if they accidentally donated (not like it's gonna happen tho) then I really need to sort out this license problem and I should be aware of the different license stuff now >.>

ndistrict
Completed: Mischievous Lamb (NaNo '17), Slice of Life of Armpit-Chan
Projects: Hiking Kemonomimi, Nyan Hunt
Deviantart: namelessdistrict
Soundcloud: ndistrict
itch: namelessdistrict

#7 Post by ndistrict »

Ah! Licensing, a pain to deal with. I don't think it's much of a problem as long as you know which CC you are dealing with. So, I think this link may help: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/
And then there is a CC0 license, your most non-restrictive licensing you can get.

Catlip Candy
Regular

#8 Post by Catlip Candy »

ndistrict wrote:Ah! Licensing, a pain to deal with. I don't think it's much of a problem as long as you know which CC you are dealing with. So, I think this link may help: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/
And then there is a CC0 license, your most non-restrictive licensing you can get.

Thanks for the link! It's very helpful and informative! There are a lot of Creative Commons out there that one can use but not for commercial purposes >.> Now, I know :D

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#9 Post by Zelan »

Fake Existence wrote:And thank you for your hard work and effort updating the genre thread! I was thinking on how I'd let you know to include mine on the list since I posted soooo late but you beat me to it!! Thank you very, very much!~[/color]
Thank you! ^_^ I try to update as soon as I see a new one posted so that everything's up-to-date. I just like things to be organized, haha. c: