48h game [Nano 2017]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
teacephalopod

48h game [Nano 2017]

#1 Post by teacephalopod »

Post 1
Time:
· 3h spent. 45h left.
Completed:
· Read through the Ren'Py tutorial. Register an account.
Up next:
· Decide on the general concept of the project. Decide on the project name. Draw character sketches.

· · ·

NaNoRenO 2017 ends in 1 days, 21:37:08.

I aim to make a game using Ren'Py within 48h, before the deadline hits. I have not read visual novels, but much of writing is universal.

My goals are to practice writing skill, and to practice the ability to finish a project by a harsh deadline.

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

Re: 48h game [Nano 2017]

#2 Post by Sonomi »

Your ambition is admirable. I mean, this is a ludum dare level of tight. I wish you luck on your progress!!

Personally, I would focus on getting the story into Ren'Py first and then do visuals, because we'll still be able to read your VN. :D But it's super if you can do artwork as well.

emihaumut
Regular
Projects: Rynspyr.
Tumblr: emihaumut
Github: yeewai

#3 Post by emihaumut »

Good luck! I hope you finish. It'd be super cool to see what can be accomplished in 48 hours.

teacephalopod

#4 Post by teacephalopod »

Thank you for your encouragement but I am a failure as a developer and a human being and spent today on unrelated matters. I surrender.

Till next year, then, maybe.

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

#5 Post by Sonomi »

teacephalopod wrote:Thank you for your encouragement but I am a failure as a developer and a human being and spent today on unrelated matters. I surrender.

Whoa there.

You're not a failure at all! Sometimes things come up and other things don't always go as planned. Heck, I spent the first half of March ill in bed. That was totally unexpected. Lol

I wish you well on the next run. :) It sounds like you're new to Ren'Py based on your original post, so if you have any dev questions about making visual novels, feel free to stick around the forums and ask us.

And there's still a day left if you happen to change your mind.

emihaumut
Regular
Projects: Rynspyr.
Tumblr: emihaumut
Github: yeewai

#6 Post by emihaumut »

teacephalopod wrote:Thank you for your encouragement but I am a failure as a developer and a human being and spent today on unrelated matters. I surrender.

Haha. It's okay. And like Sonomi said, you still have time! You can make something small and quick!