Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG][NaNo 2018][IntRenAiMo][Dystopia / Romance] BIG Update! Call for Beta Readers!

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
chaironiichan
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:16 am
Projects: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
Organization: BSG
Contact:

Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG][NaNo 2018][IntRenAiMo][Dystopia / Romance] BIG Update! Call for Beta Readers!

#1 Post by chaironiichan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:48 am

Image
Whoever loves, let him flourish.
Let him perish who knows not love.
Let him perish twice over whoever forbids love.

- Inscribed in the remains of the House of Caecilius Iucundus
Burned down by the destruction of Pompeii
***
Updates
March 5 - Annabelle Sprites finished
March 21 - MASSIVE Update! Character bios, screenshots, and more!
***
!! ATTENTION !!

Interested in reading Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot early? Become a Beta Reader!

Send a message by clicking the Contact button over there :arrow:
And sending a PM through Lemmasoft!


***
Synopsis
Fifteen years ago, a fatal and near untraceable disease was discovered after the deaths of six children in Manila. After finding out that the disease is only transferable through skin contact, they shut the city off from the world, until a cure could be found.

Now in present day, twenty-three year old Jericho survives by being an intimus : someone who sells human touch inside the walls of the Neo-Manila QZ. Though the crime is considered punishable by death, both police and citizens have come to accept them as part of "normal" life.

That is, until one day, a new chief inspector is put into position, who’s determined to rid the streets of intimus once and for all.

Now Jericho, deprived of clients, is starving. And the decisions he will make will determine if he dies by the end of the day, continue being a survivor...

Or maybe, show him something that's thought impossible in Neo-Manila : love.


***
Characters
Image


Image


Image
***
Screenshots
Image


Image


Image
***
Planned Features
- Approx. 2 Hours Demo, 30 Min per route
- 12 Possible Endings (9 Bad, 3 Good)
- 3 Romanceable Characters (Might expand to 5)
- A thrilling suspenseful story that will be sure to glue you to your seats!

Team Members
Writing: chaironiichan
Programming: chaironiichan
Character Art: JodTheCod
BG Art: Hooleyah
Last edited by chaironiichan on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Image
Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
NaNoReNo 2018

User avatar
niannn
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:04 am
Completed: Keynote, Die.Alone?, The Villaintine
Projects: The Villaintine: Sepia
Tumblr: niaaannn
itch: niannn
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#2 Post by niannn » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:54 am

Oh my, this seems interesting! Looking forward to this game :3
Since you mentioned Manila, then is it safe to assume that this is a Filipino-made game? Then, if it is, well, additional kudos to you, fellow Filipinos (if not, then I apologize for assuming but anyways xD)
Image Image ImageImage

User avatar
chaironiichan
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:16 am
Projects: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
Organization: BSG
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#3 Post by chaironiichan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:04 am

niannn wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:54 am
Oh my, this seems interesting! Looking forward to this game :3
Since you mentioned Manila, then is it safe to assume that this is a Filipino-made game? Then, if it is, well, additional kudos to you, fellow Filipinos (if not, then I apologize for assuming but anyways xD)
Indeed! We're an all-Filipino team ^_^ we set it in Manila because we all grew up from here! :D

Thanks for the support, kabayan, we're looking forward to finishing this project too! :D
Image
Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
NaNoReNo 2018

User avatar
niannn
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:04 am
Completed: Keynote, Die.Alone?, The Villaintine
Projects: The Villaintine: Sepia
Tumblr: niaaannn
itch: niannn
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#4 Post by niannn » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:32 am

chaironiichan wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:04 am
niannn wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:54 am
Oh my, this seems interesting! Looking forward to this game :3
Since you mentioned Manila, then is it safe to assume that this is a Filipino-made game? Then, if it is, well, additional kudos to you, fellow Filipinos (if not, then I apologize for assuming but anyways xD)
Indeed! We're an all-Filipino team ^_^ we set it in Manila because we all grew up from here! :D

Thanks for the support, kabayan, we're looking forward to finishing this project too! :D
You're welcome, kabayans. Wish you all the best for this project :)
Image Image ImageImage

User avatar
saetan
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG] [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#5 Post by saetan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:22 am

An absolutely interesting concept XD The catchphrase was spot on too! Wishing you the best and hope to read it soon :D

User avatar
chaironiichan
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:16 am
Projects: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
Organization: BSG
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG] [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#6 Post by chaironiichan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:47 am

saetan wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:22 am
An absolutely interesting concept XD The catchphrase was spot on too! Wishing you the best and hope to read it soon :D
Thanks saetan! ^_^ we’ll post weekly updates so that waiting won’t feel as long! :D
Image
Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
NaNoReNo 2018

User avatar
wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:27 pm
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG] [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#7 Post by wyverngem » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:59 pm

So this main character is basically a prostitue for selling his body (not nessisarily sex). It sounds like an interesting concept. Is Jericho not going to have a sprite?

User avatar
chaironiichan
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:16 am
Projects: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
Organization: BSG
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG] [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#8 Post by chaironiichan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:30 pm

wyverngem wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:59 pm
So this main character is basically a prostitue for selling his body (not nessisarily sex). It sounds like an interesting concept. Is Jericho not going to have a sprite?
Jericho and two other characters are up next ^_^

And you’re technically right, but there’s a reason we use intimus instead of prostitute :D I don’t know how much we could divulge right now, but essentially the vn was born out of a desire for “Handholding and Embracing : the VN” :lol:
Image
Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
NaNoReNo 2018

User avatar
zankizuna
Veteran
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 2:20 am
Projects: Double-Mind Detective, Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna
Location: Manilaaaaaaaa
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG] [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#9 Post by zankizuna » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:26 am

Labasan na mga pinoyy!!
(Appear, you filipino people!)
Oi this project sounds really great!
How do we find love in such an impossible place as Neo Manila?
How do I catch you when you fall if we're forbidden to even touch?
Is there a secret gang somewhere that.. touch each other and not get caught doing it?
Looking forward to the answers in game! Good luck on this NaNo project!

User avatar
Avior
Regular
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:57 pm
Completed: Voeux, That Bitter Taste, MISSION: Otome!, B.A.T.
Projects: Assume Survival (NaNo 18), Flight Memory -Black Box-, Love Lime!
Organization: Avior Games, Dream Team Studios
itch: avior
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG] [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#10 Post by Avior » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:51 pm

This looks like a really cool concept! Definitely an interesting twist on a dystopian setting, and the art looks really good so far (that's a clever logo)! I'll be keeping an eye on this one. :D
Image Image

User avatar
chaironiichan
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:16 am
Projects: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
Organization: BSG
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG] [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#11 Post by chaironiichan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:32 pm

UPDATE
Annabelle sprites!
Image


Image


Image
Image
Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
NaNoReNo 2018

User avatar
chaironiichan
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:16 am
Projects: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
Organization: BSG
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG] [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#12 Post by chaironiichan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:34 pm

zankizuna wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:26 am
Labasan na mga pinoyy!!
(Appear, you filipino people!)
Oi this project sounds really great!
How do we find love in such an impossible place as Neo Manila?
How do I catch you when you fall if we're forbidden to even touch?
Is there a secret gang somewhere that.. touch each other and not get caught doing it?
Looking forward to the answers in game! Good luck on this NaNo project!
Avior wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:51 pm
This looks like a really cool concept! Definitely an interesting twist on a dystopian setting, and the art looks really good so far (that's a clever logo)! I'll be keeping an eye on this one. :D
Thanks Avior and Raseruu! :D
Image
Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
NaNoReNo 2018

User avatar
Kokoro Hane
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:51 pm
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale, Journey of The Scroll
Projects: False Hope, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, The Only One Girl
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG] [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#13 Post by Kokoro Hane » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:13 pm

This looks like a really intriguing game, especially being based in Manila! <3
I am looking forward to it~
PROJECTS:
Journey of The Scroll [COMPLETE][RPG]IGMC'17]
False Hope [Demo][WiP][SuNoFes'17]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]
The Only One Girl [WiP][Up.5/20/2017][1stQ ver. released]
30 Kilowatt Hours Left [COMPLETE][GameJolt GDC Jam2016]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

User avatar
chaironiichan
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:16 am
Projects: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
Organization: BSG
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG] [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#14 Post by chaironiichan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:16 pm

Kokoro Hane wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:13 pm
This looks like a really intriguing game, especially being based in Manila! <3
I am looking forward to it~
Thanks Kokoro Hane! :D
Image
Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
NaNoReNo 2018

User avatar
chaironiichan
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:16 am
Projects: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
Organization: BSG
Contact:

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG][NaNo 2018][IntRenAiMo][Dystopia / Romance] BIG Update! Call for Beta Read

#15 Post by chaironiichan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:37 am

UPDATE
Lots of new material today! Check out the main post to see some early screenshots of the game, as well as the character bios!

We'd also like to show you some concept art of another heroine of DNL, Mai!

Image

And of course, one of the most anticipated designs, the look of the MC, Jericho!
Image
Always keep an eye out for more updates! Just a few more days till NaNo ends! :D

***

P.S. Can't wait to read Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot? Become a Beta Reader today! Hit me up with a PM here on Lemmasoft if you're interested! :arrow: :arrow:

EDIT: Here's a sample rough sketch of the BGs in DNL!
Image
Image
Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
NaNoReNo 2018

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users