What Lies Ahead [Adventure, GxG and GxB I guess???]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

What Lies Ahead [Adventure, GxG and GxB I guess???]

#1 Post by Heiden »

In the small country of Schtippen, there exists a mountain where gods dwell. It is said that, every few years, the gods come down off the mountain and grant fantastical gifts upon the hard-working citizens. Impossible strength, the ability the breath underwater, and even flight.

For young Gwendolyn, she finds herself having been blessed with clairvoyance when on her 10th birthday, she looks into her father’s eyes and sees him going through a messy divorce.

Unsure of how to handle her visions, her parents send her away to live with her uncle, a man who also shares her gift. Arriving in a new town with freshly acquired powers, how will Gwendolyn adapt?

Characters -

Details -

SO! This game will eventually be split into 3 Acts, and there's no way Im going to be able to finish all 3 acts in one month, so I'm going to try to get out a demo for Act 1 (if I can even make it that far!!;;;).

I wanted to try writing a slice-of-life type story that's also somewhat melancholic in feel.
There are 2 separate romances in the game, but the GxG isnt in Act 1 and the GxB is more of a background thing.

I HOPE... a child raising story is something people would be interested in playing!!
Last edited by Heiden on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

Avior
Regular
Completed: Voeux, That Bitter Taste, MISSION: Otome!, B.A.T., Assume Survival, Glass Rooms, The Candles Breathe
Projects: String Us Together
Organization: Avior Games, Dream Team Studios
itch: avior

Re: What Lies Ahead [Adventure, GxG and GxB I guess???]

#2 Post by Avior »

Heiden you're back!! This looks like it'll be really fun and I like the child raising angle you've got here. Good luck, I can't wait to see the finished game! :D
Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#3 Post by Zelan »

This looks super cute! I love your art style, and I'd definitely be cool with a child raising story. ^_^

yoshibb
Veteran

#4 Post by yoshibb »

I definitely would love to play a child raising story and I like the story behind it too. I think it's a great idea! Plus your art is cute as always :D

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A

#5 Post by Heiden »

Have a logo!
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

Heiden
Regular

#6 Post by Heiden »

So now that march is halfway through...

I decided that I really desperately wanted to make a point and click game and for the past week I've been working through tutorials for Unity's Adventure Creator so I don't have much to show progress-wise.

I also have about 5k of a script written, but the more I was writing the more I realized I really like this premise and it's something I'd want to flesh out a bit more before jumping in for a finished script.

SO essentially... My goal for the remaining month is to get a playable prototype out of a single room to show how the full game will play like.

Also here are some full concept art for our three main characters!