Bride of the NEET God [NaNo2018] [fantasy, comedy, optional GxB]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
rito
Regular
Projects: Bride of the NEET God
Tumblr: atelier-apricot

Re: Bride of the NEET God [NaNo2018] [fantasy, comedy, optional GxB] updated 3/9

#16 Post by rito »

Thank you so much, NiKaWo!

So, I wanted to post when I had more content, buuut I got the flu so there won't be much progress on writing or art for a while.
Because of that, I decided to post the last chara profile earlier than planned.

The good news is 2 BGM tracks are pretty much done, and Alyx is working on more! I'll come post one or two when they're mixed.
Judging by past episodes I might be sick for a week or so still, so dunno when I can update again, but rest assured the game will get done even if it has to be delayed a few days. Thanks everyone for the support so far and please look forward to the next post!
ri·to (ɺʲito) n. 1.illustrator 2.loves capybaras

pigionsdeliver
Regular
Projects: SSWK, TWA, SDS: The Tail Makes the Fox
itch: pigionsdeliver

Re: Bride of the NEET God [NaNo2018] [fantasy, comedy, optional GxB] updated 3/9

#17 Post by pigionsdeliver »

The fact this story starts off with a human sacrifice really caught my eye. It's shouldn't have but it was defo an effective hook XD. Then I saw it's a comedy and I can't wait to see what fun moments you have planned. The art is wonderfully adorable and I really hope you would be open to commission work, if not now then in the [very near] future.

Sad to hear you're ill. Please take care.

Best of luck to the whole team~

rito
Regular

#18 Post by rito »

Hehe, glad that worked for you! And thank you so much for the well wishes and encouragement.

Sadly I'm not comfortable doing art commissions, since it's strictly a hobby for me. Doing it as work makes me anxious and sucks out the fun of it. Sorry ;-;

rito
Regular

#19 Post by rito »

Hi hi! Am currently catching up on work that piled up while I was sick but here's one of the BGMs. It's my first finished track so I'm pretty happy... a million thanks to Alyx for mixing my mess and making it tolerable. please ignore I messed up at the video, it was rushed

Hope to have more updates soon!

milkteebaby
Regular
Projects: PS: I Love You
Tumblr: milkteebaby
Deviantart: milkteebaby

#20 Post by milkteebaby »

Wow, loved it! I especially liked the zither part :3

rito
Regular

#21 Post by rito »

@milkteebaby Thank you, that makes me really happy! Chinese zithers are so soothing...

I'm sick again (went to the hospital yesterday, thankfully that helped) so no art progress, but it also means I've been slowly working on the script since it's the only thing I can do while lying in bed. It's currently around 10k and still missing a fair bit, so my new estimate is 15~20k.

At this point I can say for sure the game will be finished late, but I haven't given up in the slightest. Am now aiming to finish it within April. Sorry to everyone who was looking forward to it! I hope you can still check updates until it's done.

milkteebaby
Regular
Projects: PS: I Love You
Tumblr: milkteebaby
Deviantart: milkteebaby

#22 Post by milkteebaby »

rito wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:09 pm @milkteebaby Thank you, that makes me really happy! Chinese zithers are so soothing...

I'm sick again (went to the hospital yesterday, thankfully that helped) so no art progress, but it also means I've been slowly working on the script since it's the only thing I can do while lying in bed. It's currently around 10k and still missing a fair bit, so my new estimate is 15~20k.

At this point I can say for sure the game will be finished late, but I haven't given up in the slightest. Am now aiming to finish it within April. Sorry to everyone who was looking forward to it! I hope you can still check updates until it's done.
I'm sorry to hear you're unwell :( I hope you are better now. But at least you got some work on the script done!

I'm in the same boat as you, as far as my NANO game goes. I'm planning on a late May release, so you won't be alone :) Good luck to you!

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

Re: Bride of the NEET God [NaNo2018] [fantasy, comedy, optional GxB]

#23 Post by NiKaWo »

Ooh, looking great still, I liked the video!

I'll keep an eye out for when it releases. Hope you're feeling better btw!

rito
Regular

#24 Post by rito »

Hi and long time no see! A lot happened and I couldn't give this game the attention it deserves, but I'm still intent on finishing it... eventually. For now, I'm thinking about touching up the art and working on the remaining BGs. Hope to being news soon!

rito
Regular

#25 Post by rito »

Hello! I'm glad to actually bring updates this time around!

- Only one scene left and the script will be done! We're starting editing what's already been written. It grew to almost twice the size I planned originally, being currently around 17k words.

- The hardest BG is done. I'm considering increasing the number from 4 to 5.

- Music is being by far the hardest aspect. As it's very time consuming for me and friends aren't currently available, I'll have to see how to balance composing with other work.

I think that's about it. it's been almost a year (!!!) since I announced this game, and by now I wouldn't be surprised if people forgot about it, but I'll still do my best to make it the best it can be.
To wrap up, have a Mao scribble I posted on Twitter a couple months ago. Can't wait to bring you folks the finished game!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#26 Post by Zelan »

I'm so glad to see you're still working on this!! I love the art style. And congrats on being almost done with the script!

thischickdoesart
Tumblr: thischickdoesart
Deviantart: This-Chick-Does-Art

#27 Post by thischickdoesart »

I love the sketch! Keep up the beautiful work!

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#28 Post by KissOfDeath »

Love the concept and the track you posted! Think you'll bring this back for Nanoreno this year?
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#29 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I'm keeping an eye out for future updates! I really love the game so far.