Creepy Lily [Horror][NaNo18]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
fullmontis
Regular
Deviantart: fullmontis
itch: fullmontis

Creepy Lily [Horror][NaNo18]

#1 Post by fullmontis »

[ STORY ]

They say that monsters that live in the shadows leave once one is adult. That is not the case for Lily: even as a teenager, in her shadows still lie creatures that follow her around.

But things start to change once Lily meets a new classmate...

[ LILY ]

The main character of the story.

[ ADA ]

Lily's nemesis.

[ CREATURES ]

The creatures of the shadow that follow Lily everywhere.

[ PROGRESS ]

Up to a late start. Hopefully I'll be able to catch upthis few days of delay. I will update here with progress.

2018.03.04 - Concept art and idea, post on lemmasoft forum
Last edited by fullmontis on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackMagnolia
Regular

Re: Creepy Lily [Horror][NaNo18]

#2 Post by BlackMagnolia »

She looks adorable. I'll be following this one. Can't wait to see more.

fullmontis
Regular

#3 Post by fullmontis »

Thank you BlackMagnolia, your support is very important for me :D

Some updates:

- Writing is 20% complete, probably the thing that is behind the most, need to hurry up!
- Graphics are 40% complete, I went for a simpler art style this time around (which is luckily fitting with the game) so I'm going thorugh it quite fast. Still need to make the final art for the chars.
- Music is about 30% complete!

All in all I'd say I'm a little behind but still on track.

Usually I do all the writing in one go but this time I'm trying to make things more as inspiration hits. This is mostly to give the story more flow. However it is slowing me down considerably so I don't know if I can keep it up like this.

Some new graphics:

Concept for Ada, Lily's nemesis. She is going to have a big role in the story. I plan to have another main character in the story, but I'm not happy with the concept art for him for now, so I'll update in the next few days with an image.

Background art for the initial scene

fullmontis
Regular

#4 Post by fullmontis »

Here is a track for the vn, just to give some mood to the topic:

Devlog for today:

- Catched up a little with the writing. I'd say that I'm about 50% done right now, but I'm realizing the story needs some adjusting right now, so I don't know how indicative this is. I am confident of finishing the writing this weekend if I can get the time.
- Worked on another track today.
- Didn't work on the graphics unfortunately. But I did work a little on the GUI. Being a one man army in this I won't be able to do anything fancy unless I finish early, but I hope it will still look ok.

fullmontis
Regular

#5 Post by fullmontis »

Due to delays and a few problems, I won't be able to finish Creepy Lily for this NaNoRenO unfortunately. This means the project is on hold for the time being. Sorry about that. The scope of the story was a little too big for me to catch up to.

I will probably work on a much smaller project before the deadline, let's see how it goes.

BlackMagnolia
Regular

#6 Post by BlackMagnolia »

Damn, I was really looking forward to this one. I hope you get at it again in the future, it has potential. If you get overwhelmed while writing it again, from one one-man dev to another, let me know.