Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~ [GxB][Romance][NaNo'18]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~ [GxB][Romance][NaNo'18]

#1 Post by Sayumi101 »

Synopsis
When Se-ra, a normal part-timer finds a crumpled note containing something akin to a cry for help, she leaves a well-meant reply, leading her on a path of a strange sort of 'friendship'.
Meanwhile, surprise surprise, she's also roped into a job as an errand runner for the company that manages Hunta-H one of the up and coming Korean Pop groups of the year...

Play as Se-ri as she warms up to said friendship whilst at the same time navigating her hectic work schedule... This isn't really easy since she has to deal with unreasonable tantrums and the difficulties/drama that comes along with an idol's fame. And really, just idols in general... Because goodness, they're such a handful.

[/center]

Characters
  • Kang Se-ri 강세리
    The plain, hard-working and headstrong protagonist who attends college while juggling all kinds of part-time jobs.
  • Lee Hun 이훈 (Hun)
    A literal ray of sunshine with a magnetic personality. He is the main driving force of their duo, not to mention the main song-writer. He has become well known in the industry for having undergone as less as one month of training. Teru doesn't resent him as much as he does others for some reason.
  • Teruyuki Ito 照幸 糸 (Teru)
    A reserved yet nit-picky Japanese guy with an abrasive personality. The wall of ice to Hun's sunshine. Debuted late because he was said to 'break up the group dynamics' whenever they set him to work with others.
Concept Art:

Q: "Why Hunta-H?"
Hun: Well, you combine both our names and you get HunTer. But then, we wanted it to sound less harmful."
Teru: And more Asian, clearly."
Hun: And H for 'heart' because what we aim to do is hunt your heaaarrtttsss~
Teru: ...

Team
  • Ayase- Sprite Artist and Character Design
  • Kimiyoto- CG Artist
Questionnaire:
1. What is/are the first thing(s) that comes to your mind when you hear idol-based drama?
2. How weird is the title? (Like every year, need suggestions because, welp I'm horrible at naming.)
3. What would you like to see in an otome game of this degree?
4. Which eligible 'idol' would you pursue first? (despite the minimal information)
5. Anything else to add? (Clue: You may cringe at the duo's name here)

GUI
(Concept Art/Additional Info" Coming soon)
Last edited by Sayumi101 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Re: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~ [GxB][Romance][NaNo'18]

#2 Post by Godline »

1. What is/are the first thing(s) that comes to your mind when you hear idol-based drama?

That I hope they do it justice to reality and not have some sort of superficial view of the glitz and glamour. It's clearly a harmful practice in Korea where the "idols" give up their own sense of identity to become money making pawns.

There's such a sad side to it all that most neglect to tell.

2. How weird is the title? (Like every year, need suggestions because, welp I'm horrible at naming.)

Awesome, obviously.

Tragic endings because you can't win them all.

4. Which eligible 'idol' would you pursue first? (despite the minimal information)

Lee Hun. ^^

The duo's name is perfectly realistic.

And I'm so excited for the progress with this!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#3 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Well, after reading your description, two things came to mind "YESS KPOP BASED VN!!" then secondly "I've been actually planning to make an idol VN for sometime now... I don't think I can beat the great Sayumi though!" Also, with the crumpled piece of paper being some form of cry for help, I feel like this--while I am sure is not the main focus--will take a glimpse of the reality a lot of idols face. As someone who's favourite group went through hell with their company, I know it is not a topic a lot of people like to talk about but is a reality and I'd even thought of sort of touching it in my own project someday.

LOL it has the Sayumi charm and to me spells IT'S GONNA BE GOOD because your naming style is unique and distinctive, it has that special flavour. Also when I heard Hunta-H, for some reason Monsta X popped in my head xD

LOTS OF FEELS! *shot* But also comedy, pleeease tons of that!

Lee Hun <3

I'm gonna download this SO FAST when it's out!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Sayumi101
Veteran

#4 Post by Sayumi101 »

Update: GUI [COMPLETED] (Extras Menu Pending]

-----------------------
@Godline
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! And yes, I agree about the harshness and reality of the celebrity world. Like they have it really hard, more so than they let on. Trying to bring it into the picture but at the end of the day, it's an otome so I'm not sure how far that'll go haha.

-------------
@KokoroHane
Oh! You should definitely get to making that idol game you wanted to make though! The more idol-based games the merrier. Haha. And wow, you're definitely giving me too much credit, those names are just WEIRD I KNOW IT but I can't help it. >O<
Ooh, about the idol group that went through hell with their company can I know which one it is?
Yes, the group name is inspired by/is a copy of Monsta X lmao I didn't think I'd get caught so easily and fast
(This game may or may not be inspired by a group I really loved and whose member was forced to leave after a dating scandal. Like his reputation was dragged through the dirt and most net-izens hate him oops)
ImageImageImage

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

#5 Post by Kokoro Hane »

That GUI looks amazing!
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

Sayumi101
Veteran

#6 Post by Sayumi101 »

Concept sketches AHOY!
All thanks to the amazing sprite artist Ayase!~

So yeah, sprites are on the way.
Script is at 10k-ish words.
And the concept art for 2 of the CGs are done.
ImageImageImage

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Lovin' the sketches~
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"