'Recuing' the 'Distressed' Princess [KN][Light-hearted Fantasy][NaNo 2018]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
15thSeven
Deviantart: cyaga
itch: cyaga

'Recuing' the 'Distressed' Princess [KN][Light-hearted Fantasy][NaNo 2018]

#1 Post by 15thSeven »

A short-ish kinetic novel about 2 knights in shining armor (not really) falling in love plus the normal everyday life of a runaway princess with her dragon housemate.
SYNOPSIS

"Oh, guests? We rarely see travelers around here. Welcome! "

The beautiful princess of Alsgard was apparently kidnapped by a savage, evil dragon. Acting according to his family's wish, Baron Lucien Adelsburg set out on a journey to rescue her. Along the way, he somehow found himself a companion: Prince Idwal of the neighboring country Velvede.
It took them two months to discover where the dragon's lair might be, and two more to travel to where it was. They faced many harships along the way, but the two pressed on, determined. Swords in hands, they were ready for a life-or-death battle with the dragon to bring the princess back.
But...

"...What's with this peaceful atmosphere? Why is the dragon's lair such a small and cozy house???”

As it turned out, the princess wasn't kidnapped. And she wasn't a damsel in dítress at all

CHARACTERS
  • Dreyrk
    A dragon. Bellona’s supposed kidnapper. In actuality, they’re a gentle and friendly fellow. Can be quite of an airhead at times. They live in a forest in Velvede, close to the border of Alsgard. Welcomes the new guests warmly, even if their original purpose was to kill Dreyrk.
  • Princess Bellona Alsgard | 21
    Princess of Alsgard. The “damsel in distress”. She had been living peacefully with Dreyrk for a year. A bit grumpy and can come off as snooty at times, she absolutely loves her new peaceful life with the bubbly dragon, so she doesn’t like the 'knights' too much.
  • Prince Idwal Velvede | 22
    The taciturn, dutiful and capable youngest prince of Velvede. Alsgard asked Velvede for help rescuing the missing princess, and Idwal set out on behalf of the royal family. He traveled the country with Idwal to look for Princess Bellona. Is fully aware of Lucien’s feelings but keeps his thought on it a secret.
  • Baron Lucien Adelsburg | 25
    An outgoing, charismatic and irresponsible person.He was forced by his family volunteered to be the one to travel to the dragon’s lair and rescue the princess. At first, he couldn’t care less about the quest, but after meeting Idwal and develop feelings for him, he started to become quite invested in it.
SCREENSHOTS:

PROGRESS
9/3: Hey I finally make the logo and all!
11/3: Character concepts + bits of the GUI

My second attempt at joining Nano!! prayin that my computer wont die on me I'm aiming for a light-hearted story with a colorful world this time, wish me luck guys!
You can follow my Twitter for progress reports and WIP stuff
Last edited by 15thSeven on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: 'Recuing' the 'Distressed' Princess [Light-hearted Fantasy][NaNo 2018]

#2 Post by Zelan »

This looks adorable. I always love the whole "dragon is actually pretty nice" idea, but the two knights adds another layer to the story that I think is really cool. I hope to see more of this. c:

15thSeven
Deviantart: cyaga
itch: cyaga

Re: 'Recuing' the 'Distressed' Princess [Light-hearted Fantasy][NaNo 2018]

#3 Post by 15thSeven »

Update:
  • Art
    Character concepts! Here we have: Dreyrk, Bellona, Idwal and Lucien

Some pictures of the GUI. Everything is mostly done except for the main menu!
  • The script remained mostly the same, with the whole outline done and a few key scenes drafted.

femslashfatale
Regular
Projects: Match Made in Heaven, Worlds Without You, Fight or Flirt!

Re: 'Recuing' the 'Distressed' Princess [KN][Light-hearted Fantasy][NaNo 2018]

#4 Post by femslashfatale »

ooo i love this!! the concept and the characters both look very cute

poorlyformed
Regular
Projects: Shadowburg
Tumblr: poorlyformed
itch: poorlyformed

#5 Post by poorlyformed »

This sounds like everything I love. The art is adorable.

azaraih
Regular
Projects: Alectrona: Space Party, Deadnettle Creek
Tumblr: azaraih
itch: azaraih

#6 Post by azaraih »

This looks like a really cute story, and the character designs are cool! I like Idwal's outfit. :) Also, one of my favorite books as a kid was about a princess living with a nice dragon, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing something like that in a game.
Image Image

Boniae
Regular
Completed: I want 2 be single and Forget-Me-Not
Projects: Cry Girlhood, Dakota Wanderers, Sagebrush
Organization: Rosewater Games
Tumblr: boniae

#7 Post by Boniae »

This looks sweet, I'm really looking forward to your project! The GUI looks amazing and I love those character concepts! Especially their color schemes, it fits so well with the GUI and overal makes a cohesive feel for the game. Can't wait to see more progress! :D

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#8 Post by Zelan »

They're all so cute! I love your art style.