My Only Sunshine [Nano2019][GxB, GxG][Sci-Fi,Fantasy][Solar System Dating Sim]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: My Only Sunshine [Nano2019][GxB, GxG][Sci-Fi,Fantasy][Solar System Dating Sim]

#16 Post by Zelan »

I'm right there with nekobara, Terra's a straight hottie and the hair is probably a big part of that man oh man.

Can't wait to see some of the female love interests - is Mars next, or are you skipping her for now since she doesn't have a writer?

yoshibb
Veteran

Re: My Only Sunshine [Nano2019][GxB, GxG][Sci-Fi,Fantasy][Solar System Dating Sim]

#17 Post by yoshibb »

nekobara wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:49 pm I don't know whether to stare at Venus's face or his abs. Haha. (But I'm not complaining.)
And Terra might just have the coolest hair I've ever seen. (I love the greens you used for it.💚)
Haha, I know Venus would be thrilled to hear that. And Terra would be happy to know he's pulling off the cool look. He may or may not have the one sleeve, long vest outfit because he thought it was a cool look in certain video games XD
Zelan wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:58 am I'm right there with nekobara, Terra's a straight hottie and the hair is probably a big part of that man oh man.

Can't wait to see some of the female love interests - is Mars next, or are you skipping her for now since she doesn't have a writer?
Aha, these compliments are going to go to his head. But I totally think he's hot too >.>'

And even if she doesn't have a writer yet, I could never skip over Mars. I don't think she'd let me:

Mars is hot tempered but passionate and determined, never letting anyone stand in her way. She wants Sun's blessing more than anyone to cultivate life on her planet. But she always has had a soft spot of Sun.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#18 Post by Zelan »

HELLO??? Is that my wife???

I love her!! I feel like she'll definitely end up being one of my favorite characters, with her looks and personality combined. (Also she has my haircut lmao.)

nerupuff
Veteran

#19 Post by nerupuff »

Mars!!!???? Looks awesome and amazing and I love how they look so fierce! I liked Terra a lot based on design but I think Mars really takes the cake!
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

SwallowtailedTrinket
Regular
Completed: The Deep Unknown
Deviantart: Esper-Isotopes
itch: SwallowtailedTrinket

#20 Post by SwallowtailedTrinket »

All the characters so far are so beautiful! I haven't had the time to comment before, but I've been keeping up with it every day and each new design just floors me every time <3 I think the Sun herself and Mercury are my favorites so far, though :) Sun is just so glamorous--fitting for the center of everything--but also looks approachable and kind and I just love her! And there's something about Mercury's mix of colors that just makes me really happy!

yoshibb
Veteran

#21 Post by yoshibb »

Zelan wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:19 pm HELLO??? Is that my wife???

I love her!! I feel like she'll definitely end up being one of my favorite characters, with her looks and personality combined. (Also she has my haircut lmao.)
Lol, I'm glad you like her!
nerupuff wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:36 pm Mars!!!???? Looks awesome and amazing and I love how they look so fierce! I liked Terra a lot based on design but I think Mars really takes the cake!
Oh God, Mars would enjoy having one over on Terra, so I'm sure she'd be happy to hear that!
SwallowtailedTrinket wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:45 am All the characters so far are so beautiful! I haven't had the time to comment before, but I've been keeping up with it every day and each new design just floors me every time <3 I think the Sun herself and Mercury are my favorites so far, though :) Sun is just so glamorous--fitting for the center of everything--but also looks approachable and kind and I just love her! And there's something about Mercury's mix of colors that just makes me really happy!
I'm glad that's what came across for Sun because that is definitely what I was aiming for with her design! Thank you!

So today, we have Jupiter who is kind, sweet, and protective. He's definitely the big brother of the planets and will almost always put the others well being before his own. From any outside perspective, he's the perfect gentleman, but recently there may be something brewing beneath the surface.

Just want to thank everyone for the support and kind words. It helps keep me and the others motivated!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#22 Post by minyan »

Hnnnn I think of the ones debuted so far, my favorite design is Mercury. Just something about that chill expression xD And the color scheme, too. The new info about Jupiter has my interest piqued. What are you brewing, Jupiter??

Keep up the great work!
ImageImage

yoshibb
Veteran

#23 Post by yoshibb »

minyan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:22 pm Hnnnn I think of the ones debuted so far, my favorite design is Mercury. Just something about that chill expression xD And the color scheme, too. The new info about Jupiter has my interest piqued. What are you brewing, Jupiter??

Keep up the great work!
I feel like I'm gonna have to have a poll at the end to see who people liked the best!

A good chunk of the prologue and the early parts of the individual routes have been written so we've had a great pace to start the month.

Little late tonight, but here's Saturn. She's popular, charming, but also fears getting too close to anyone after what's happened in the past. Like Jupiter, she does have a protective streak for those smaller and more vulnerable than her.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Zelan »

Ahhhh gosh I am loving all of these gorgeous ladies! <3 I like how you used necklaces to represent Saturn's rings! It's more creative than just actual rings. Her colors are also really pretty - they don't stand out like some of the others' do, but they all go together really well.

yoshibb
Veteran

#25 Post by yoshibb »

Zelan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:01 pm Ahhhh gosh I am loving all of these gorgeous ladies! <3 I like how you used necklaces to represent Saturn's rings! It's more creative than just actual rings. Her colors are also really pretty - they don't stand out like some of the others' do, but they all go together really well.
Thanks, I was trying to make sure the colors were still true to the actual planet, but I wanted her to still be unique, so I'm glad it came off that way :D

Weekend time! I'm planning on doing the expressions on each of the sprites as well as writing more the routes. The rest of the team is hard at work as well. Next up is Uranus or Ur as he prefers to be called. Ur is very insecure and thinks he's ordinary compared to the rest of the planets. However, in reality, he's very intelligent which Sun always tries to remind him.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Zelan »

oh no he has glasses... my mortal weakness....

Can't wait to see the last two sprites! The quality of the ones you've shown thus far has been amazing. ^_^

nerupuff
Veteran

#27 Post by nerupuff »

I think Venus and Ur are now at the top of my list. They look so dreamy... I am very intrigued. Their color schemes (for me) are the best. And yes, I cannot wait for Pluto's sprite reveal! Almost there~
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

nekobara
Regular

#28 Post by nekobara »

Mars looks like she could beat Terra up. Haha. I really wanna see it happen.~ Even though Terra has cool hair, I'd root for Mars since he probably deserves it because the way he's been acting has been hurting Sun. Plus losing might make him look uncool, and I really, really want to see that! 😺

I want Jupiter to be my big brother!! He and Sun might look good together as a couple, though... Since I'm guessing Mars and Venus will probably be released after the others because they don't have writers yet, my plan will be to go for Terra and then for Jupiter!

And... I love Ur! He's so cute! His hair and eyes are such a pretty blue, and those glasses look really nice on him! Ur is THE CUTEST! I want to confess my love to him a billion times because he's so, so cute!
*meow*

NiccyNeko
Projects: An Amaranthine Tryst [NaNo19]

#29 Post by NiccyNeko »

It amazes me how well you have personified the planets, and given them personalities that players can really relate to. I think a game with characters developed this well can really pull in the audience and make players a part of the story. Ambitious yes, but I can already see a lot of progress being made in under 10 days. I really can't wait to see more and see how the story develops. I love the artwork too, it really brings the characters to life and matches each of their personalities (and their celestial bodies) very well.
Needless to say, this is one of my favorite projects so far I've seen in NaNoRenO 2019, and I'm really looking forward to playing this one.
~~~ <3 Allie and Lexie

yoshibb
Veteran

#30 Post by yoshibb »

Zelan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:05 pm oh no he has glasses... my mortal weakness....

Can't wait to see the last two sprites! The quality of the ones you've shown thus far has been amazing. ^_^
Lol, I had to fit in one megane! Although, Ur may be shocked to hear the interest in his glasses at all!
nekobara wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:07 pm Mars looks like she could beat Terra up. Haha. I really wanna see it happen.~ Even though Terra has cool hair, I'd root for Mars since he probably deserves it because the way he's been acting has been hurting Sun. Plus losing might make him look uncool, and I really, really want to see that! 😺

I want Jupiter to be my big brother!! He and Sun might look good together as a couple, though... Since I'm guessing Mars and Venus will probably be released after the others because they don't have writers yet, my plan will be to go for Terra and then for Jupiter!

And... I love Ur! He's so cute! His hair and eyes are such a pretty blue, and those glasses look really nice on him! Ur is THE CUTEST! I want to confess my love to him a billion times because he's so, so cute!
Lol, I don't know if Terra would be brave enough to challenge Mars. He knows better at this point. Maybe if he was drunk, he tends to make very poor decisions at that point (like attempting to sing at an impromptu talent show called by Mars at a previous Sun party).

Aw, Jupiter would be happy to hear that and would try his best to live up to your expectations.

And Omg, if Ur heard such compliments, I'm not sure what he would do. Mostly would be surprised and flustered I think, since he isn't used to it!
NiccyNeko wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:03 am It amazes me how well you have personified the planets, and given them personalities that players can really relate to. I think a game with characters developed this well can really pull in the audience and make players a part of the story. Ambitious yes, but I can already see a lot of progress being made in under 10 days. I really can't wait to see more and see how the story develops. I love the artwork too, it really brings the characters to life and matches each of their personalities (and their celestial bodies) very well.
Needless to say, this is one of my favorite projects so far I've seen in NaNoRenO 2019, and I'm really looking forward to playing this one.
That's great to hear! I've always loved astronomy, especially our solar system, so I wanted to create a game with characters that are faithful to the planets' counterparts. It's amazing how every planet is so unique in their own way from their traits to their appearances. Plus, despite the long hours, I've never had more fun creating sprites because I could really let loose with the color scheme.

I can't wait to show off what we've created at the end of this month. We may not be completely finished but I think we can come close. Speaking of which, we now have writers for the last three characters! Empish has offered to take Ur's route and Zelan will be writing Mars and Venus! That means there will ultimately be a route for everyone.

Here's the reveal for today. Neptune is a hard spirit to read. She's an idol to some like the Outies Gang (the planets outside the official solar system lineup) and a bully to others *cough*Pluto*cough*. Her ultimate goals are shrouded in a darkness not unlike her planet and that may change soon with the new developments at the party.

Only one more to go!