Home's Embrace [Nano2019] [Horror, Romance, GxB][COMPLETE]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
nerupuff
Veteran

Re: Home's Embrace [Nano2019] [Horror, Romance, GxB]

#16 Post by nerupuff »

All this art is making me excited. Keep it up, Fungii! The constant art updates are very lovely and I like how this CG looks.
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#17 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Wish I could've finished it earlier. But, reality is cruel.

And even crueler, is how I'm going to try to cut 25% of the script while editing.

"Yaaaay".

But hey, you all have 5 endings to look forward to~

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 1,920 dialogue blocks, containing 12,934 words and 70,408
characters, for an average of 6.7 words and 37 characters per block.
ImageImageImageImage

nerupuff
Veteran

#18 Post by nerupuff »

Editing is always tough (I agree, it is cruel lol), but makes for a great finished product. Congrats on finishing the writing!
ImageImage

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly

#19 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

nerupuff wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:12 am Editing is always tough (I agree, it is cruel lol), but makes for a great finished product. Congrats on finishing the writing!
Many thanks~ Not much was cut out since 25% is for novels. Fenrir told me 10% would be more suitable for visual novels. (So less heartbreak at all the time poured in writing haha.)

My weekly update's a bit late, but only to be expected when working super early shifts several days in a row.

Camy is, unfortunately, throwing in the towel, only because she is unused to illustrations. So I will be taking over GUI. (And after my attempt for the main menu, Fungii is going to make a cuter version of it.)

Among other news, our group has grown. I reached out to voice actors, and lucky for me, they joined up! Another new addition is our composer, who will also be handling the recordings. Headphone users, prepare yourselves~

Cgs are coming along smoothly, sound effects have been gathered, and most of the recordings are complete.

It's only a matter of time before I code everything in and have the beta testers give the nano a go!

PS: If anyone is going to Harumatsuri on March 23rd, there's a table with a lil surprise.
ImageImageImageImage

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#20 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

And once again, it's time for the weekly update.

GUI is pretty much complete, although I will admit I was a bit lazy with the slider/scroll bars. (Recolored, that's all I did.)

The happy ending cgs are freakin' adorable. I squealed irl. The sprites 2nd poses have been started on, Waite's seem to be 90% done.

All non-custom sfx have been coded in. There are 109 total. I got physically sick while trying to find the right ones. The custom sfx have been cleaned up thanks to Dray, and will be spookified soon. He's also making progress with the bgms.

Almost all of the soundbytes and chosen lines have been recorded by the voice actors! (They really brought the characters to life~)

This is the last week (and couple days) everyone, let's all do our best to finish!
ImageImageImageImage

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#21 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Now for the (final) weekly update.

Wish I could say we got a lot done, but as we all have real life priorities there's bound to be hiccups.

The bgs are done, but are placeholders. We'll be putting in original bgs post nano. So for now, you will have to look at some strangely familiar rooms.

Both of the lover interests 2nd poses are complete, look forward to seeing them~

Coding wise, I wish I could say that I was done. However, due to unexpected complications, I had to spend an entire day recoding.

Now, for the more important news.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to finish on time. So after discussing it a few days ago, we've all decided to push our personal deadline to April 8th instead. There is a small possibility we might upload a preview build, or just release our current build only here on lemmasoft to help with finding bugs along with feedback.

It'll be decided within the next 3 days.

We may not make it on time, but to the best of luck for everyone else participating in nano!
ImageImageImageImage

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#22 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

We're still alive. Only posting because we're going to be pushing the release date a few more days. I already announced it on itchio but only fair to announce it here too. We're aiming to release on the 12th this time.

Very late nano, but one we're determined to finish.
ImageImageImageImage

nerupuff
Veteran

#23 Post by nerupuff »

Glad to see you guys are still aiming for a release! I'm looking forward to it! You have my support. I'll eagerly be waiting for your update on the release. Good luck! ^^
ImageImage

Travallian
Tumblr: Razumi
Deviantart: travallian
Soundcloud: razumi
itch: razumi

#24 Post by Travallian »

I'm helping as much as I can. Since I've done a lot of QA at work, I'm helping with that. Also helping with some of the art and UI. We're getting close, I would say.

We are actually planning to aim for the 15th to give us the weekend to work on a few more stuff, such as audio. Considering that music creation is difficult to determine a concrete date, we'll try not to Soon™.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

Re: Home's Embrace [Nano2019] [Horror, Romance, GxB][COMPLETE]

#25 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Late nano is now complete, lemma thread is located here.
ImageImageImageImage