Tower of Ravel [Nano2019][BxG, Mystery, Romance]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
chromitsu

Tower of Ravel [Nano2019][BxG, Mystery, Romance]

#1 Post by chromitsu »

Tower of Ravel

Tzel has never been the best at making friends. He's always busy trying to live up to his parents' expectations that he misses a lot of opportunities. Even worse, there's been baseless rumors going around that sabotages his friendly attempts. No one seems to want to be near him, let alone talk. That is, except for the wonderful Amy, a girl in Tzel's class who greets everyone she comes across with a smile. The day he finally gets to greet her back and maybe even chat, Tzel gets into an accident.
Two weeks later, Tzel wakes up from his coma in a room he doesn't recognize. His legs won't move from the injury. A mysterious girl who calls herself Nora claims that she has been taking care of him on his father's orders. She relays to him that his parents want him to get better, catch up on missed schoolwork, and study for the university exams. He is not to leave the house.
Looking out the window, Tzel realizes that he is in a tower of a house overlooking the sea. Even if he wanted to, he would not be able to leave with his legs injured. Unable to persuade Nora to contact his busy parents, he finds his only method of communication is the school forums. There he is relieved to find a worried message from Amy and some class notes.
But what should he do?
Should he reach out to Amy and ask for help, or should he perhaps trust in Nora...?

Characters

Tzel (Main Character/Name Changeable):

The son of the leading tech company's CEO. All the pressure his parents put on him goes straight to his gut. He wants to be able to live his own life, but anxiety is a beast. First things first, he wants to make a friend.

Amy:

A kind girl with a kind smile. She's probably got a hundred friends, not that Tzel is jealous of that or anything. The only one to reach out to Tzel when he got into an accident.

Nora:

A mysterious girl who seems a little cold. It's probably okay to ask her questions so she's a bit less mysterious, but how would an awkward friendless guy go about doing that?

Story, Art, and Stuff: 1007
Programmer: Kitaru
Music: Will be looking around the creative commons area. There are tons of good music out there for free, thank you so much composers.

We will update this as more art and etc is created.
Last edited by chromitsu on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wight
Regular
Completed: A Transient Experiment
itch: wight

Re: Tower of Ravel [Nano2019][BxG, Mystery, Romance]

#2 Post by Wight »

This one has me curious and caught my interest.
I'm curious to know what will happen to Tzel, especially when he also has to struggle with his awkwardness and anxiety. Working toward achieving his own personal happiness might get tricky if his flaws get in the way. But if he's also being pressured to focus on his school work, that means even more stress being put on him. It makes me wonder if and how he might succeed.
And I wonder what sort of role Nora has and what sort of person she is. Is she really worth trusting? I can certainly see the mystery potential here.
I would like to find the answers to my questions by reading it myself. Good luck on this, I hope it goes well!

Robal

#3 Post by Robal »

This sounds very interesting. It's kind of an awkward situation to be in after waking up from a coma ^^;
I'm looking forward to interacting with Nora :D
Good luck; I would like to read a finished version

chromitsu

#4 Post by chromitsu »

Wight wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:54 pm This one has me curious and caught my interest.
I'm curious to know what will happen to Tzel, especially when he also has to struggle with his awkwardness and anxiety. Working toward achieving his own personal happiness might get tricky if his flaws get in the way. But if he's also being pressured to focus on his school work, that means even more stress being put on him. It makes me wonder if and how he might succeed.
And I wonder what sort of role Nora has and what sort of person she is. Is she really worth trusting? I can certainly see the mystery potential here.
I would like to find the answers to my questions by reading it myself. Good luck on this, I hope it goes well!
Thanks for taking interest. Drafting this game has been interesting. c:
We'll continue to work hard so that we can deliver this game and some answers to you.
Regardless of how she seems, I hope that you will like Nora's path as well as Amy's.
Robal wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:46 pm This sounds very interesting. It's kind of an awkward situation to be in after waking up from a coma ^^;
I'm looking forward to interacting with Nora :D
Good luck; I would like to read a finished version
Thank you! I can't wait for you to get to interact with Nora, too!
We'll do our best to get it ready!

-

Update

I've definitely started writing! My writing will go through: breakdown into in game days/storyboard(100%) -> draft (10%) -> proofreading/editing -> plugging it into game -> testing game -> completion

Tzel's sprite is 50% done. I've separated out my layers to be able to do facial expressions and to create more outfits (currently only planning on 2, one of them is done)
Amy's sprite is now in process.
Nora's concept art is done, it'll get drawn asap.

Planning on 8 cgs so far, but it might go up.
4 Endings

I hope to update again with Amy and Nora's art soon. c:

chromitsu

#5 Post by chromitsu »

Quick update. I was finally able to get the base sprites down.
I guess they won't show up in game, but I worked hard on drawing feet and shoes. (they're layered)
It was great practice since I usually don't end up drawing full bodies.
Although there's still a lot to learn and work on with my art, I'm happy with how it turned out.