Cooked with Love • [Comedy/Romance] [Crafting] [NaNo19] [RELEASED]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Cooked with Love • [Comedy/Romance] [Crafting] [NaNo19]

#16 Post by Zelan »

bone apple tea

The hint system sounds good! I think it'll work really well to make sure the crafting aspect isn't too frustrating for players who have trouble with it.

PeroxidePrince
Regular
Completed: Cooked with Love, so obscure;, LAST CALL, Reflections on the River, PANGS (you are hungry.)
Projects: Through the Panels
Organization: STARDUST★SODA
itch: stardust-soda

#17 Post by PeroxidePrince »

@Zelan: Thanks! Really hoping that the hints will be enough, since we don't want anyone to give up on the game just because they keep crafting failed dishes haha.

🍳 Update 🍳

We've been working more on writing lately, so it's been a bit hard to show updates. Right now, Lily's route is complete but needs to be edited, and Brooks' is close to being done. The current wordcount of the whole game is around 18k, but since there's a lot of branching dialogue, a single playthrough should be really short and quick.
I'm hoping to be able to start scripting everything in as soon as possible, and maybe squeeze in some CGs if possible, but we'll see.

For now, here's a look at what the dialogue and choice screens look like in game.

PeroxidePrince
Regular
Completed: Cooked with Love, so obscure;, LAST CALL, Reflections on the River, PANGS (you are hungry.)

#18 Post by PeroxidePrince »

🍳 Update 🍳

All the writing for the game is done, and right now it's just a lot of scripting.
The total word count is ~28,000, which is a lot more than we anticipated, but we decided to write unique dialogue for each dish you can craft in the game, so... yeah lmao.
Lily's route is complete and playable, and I'm currently working on putting Brooks' into the game.
Because of time limitations, there will likely be no CGs in the game other than one single one I managed to squeeze in.
I did manage to add in some smaller things like animated effects for Perry though, since they're quite an expressive character!

PeroxidePrince
Regular

#19 Post by PeroxidePrince »

🍳 Update 🍳

Everything is in the game now, and we've started on testing!
As long as nothing game-breaking suddenly shows up, we should be on track for an end of month release.

A quick rundown on the what's going to be in the completed game: wordcount is at about 26,000 after editing/scripting, and there are 2 routes, with 11+ endings in total. ("11+" since there are some silly early endings, or certain endings have some slight variations to them depending on player choice.) There will be 28 dishes to craft, and each one will trigger a different conversation.

Nothing much more to say, so here's another preview: