Layover Lovers [Nano2019] [GxB] [Romance]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Eyzi
Regular
Organization: Moonlit Works
Discord: Eyzi#3994

Layover Lovers [Nano2019] [GxB] [Romance]

#1 Post by Eyzi »

After years of missed opportunities, I'm finally participating in NaNoRenO. My entry will be a short VN titled Layover Lovers.

Synopsis
Tired from the flight, Lucia takes a nap while waiting for her connecting flight and woke up just as the plane was leaving. She was able to rebook but now she has to wait nine more hours. Luckily, the airline staff was kind enough to offer her a hotel room for free while she waits. She looked for a place to eat before heading to the hotel. There she met Lorenz, a guy who has just arrived at the airport and saw her running around in a panic earlier. Lorenz is also waiting for his connecting flight but only for three hours. After some small talk, they slowly found themselves enjoying each other's company and ended up chatting and going around the airport until it's time for Lorenz to leave.

For this entry, I chose a simple concept to work on as this will be a solo project. Sadly, I don't have any art to show right away, but I will try to update this thread as I make the assets. I plan on documenting the development process and will be live streaming some of it. For anyone who wants to follow along, join the Discord server!

Planned Features
- ~10k words
- 2 characters
- 2 pose per character
- 5 backgrounds
- 3 CGs
- 3 OSTs
- An intimacy system
- A minigame

Link
Last edited by Eyzi on Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Layover Lovers [Nano2019] [GxB] [Romance]

#2 Post by Zelan »

This is a cool idea, I like big visual novels with lots of characters just as much as the next person but it's also a lot of fun to read a smaller-scale, more intimate story about just two people. Good luck on your NaNo!

pumpkin spike
Regular
Projects: A Bureau of Monsters
itch: pumpkin-spike

#3 Post by pumpkin spike »

This is such a cute idea! You put the kind of story I've always wanted to read into words c: Excited to see this at the end of NaNo. Will this be a kinetic or visual novel?
WIP AllxAll game with turn based fighting (Demo 2.0 out!)

WIP Yaoi game Demo 1.0 out! (haitus)

Eyzi
Regular
Organization: Moonlit Works
Discord: Eyzi#3994

#4 Post by Eyzi »

Thanks, guys!

@pumpkin spike, there is only one ending, but how it plays out will be different depending on how close they become. That's the plan, at least. So I guess it is still considered a kinetic novel. :)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

This was a cute game. I liked that it had an open sort of ending instead of a rushed, whirlwind romance, and the characters stumbling to get to know each other felt a little bit awkward in a very real kind of way, which I liked.

I wish that there would have been more variation when playing as one character or the other. During the dialogue sections, it felt like I very rarely got to see what the character I was playing as actually thought of the other, so on my second playthrough I ended up skipping a lot of the dialogue since I wasn't really interested in rereading the same story.

Overall, though, it was a cute story. And I liked the airport-themed GUI, especially the character name/gender screen being a boarding pass, that was super cute. :D