Robot Daycare [NaNo2019] [Slice of Life, Comedy, Horror] COMPLETE

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Ermytarya
Regular
Projects: I am working on something, dunno about how to name it yet.

Re: Robot Daycare [NaNo2019] [Slice of Life, Comedy, Horror]

#16 Post by Ermytarya »

I love the art style so chibi-like. I am playing this once is out! It looks promising!
Also horror?! what why?! that got me interested because it also have comedy! intriguing!
robots give me life.

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#17 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

I've been stalking this page and I fell in love with Nano, such a precious baby! (or are they?)
Nano character design reminds me of this japanese singer that I like (vocalist of Plastic Tree)
I also have soft spot for AI, I like to tinker and make chatbot back in the days--

Good luck with NaNo'19 and can't wait to play the game!

Also I made a quick sketch of Nano's fanart, I can't help it! <3
nano.jpg

Syrale
Regular
Completed: Robot Daycare, Deep Sea Valentine, Locke(d)
Projects: Artificial Selection, Artificial Fashionista, rei_carnation
Github: kigyo
itch: kigyo
Discord: kigyodev

#18 Post by Syrale »

Ermytarya wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:06 pm Also horror?! what why?! that got me interested because it also have comedy! intriguing!
robots give me life.
Hehe, thank you! I hope you will enjoy our game!!
YuukiCrossPudding wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:43 amAlso I made a quick sketch of Nano's fanart, I can't help it! <3
That fanart is absolutely gorgeous, thank you so much!! I wish I could retweet it ;;;;
Hopefully Nano's personality in the game will be to your liking!

I can also happily announce Robot Daycare is complete and ready to play!

You can download the game here: https://kigyo.itch.io/robot-daycare

Please let us know what you think!
ImageArtificial Selection (ongoing) |ImageDeep Sea Valentine | ImageRobot Daycare (NaNo19)
| ImageArtificial Fashionista (NaNo24)

My Developer Tools: Ren'Py Minimap/Location System | Ren'Py Word Counter+

nerupuff
Veteran

Re: Robot Daycare [NaNo2019] [Slice of Life, Comedy, Horror] COMPLETE

#19 Post by nerupuff »

I'm so glad it's done and congratulations for completing your Nano2019 entry! Downloading it now~ Can't wait to try it! I'll let you know my thoughts when I'm done, but I'm sure it'll be so much fun to try.
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

Wight
Regular
Completed: A Transient Experiment
itch: wight

#20 Post by Wight »

Congrats on finishing it!

I finished playing it and enjoyed it! Plenty of humorous bickering, but there was a reason for it that was more than just for the sake of humor which is good.

Nano was also a cutie. I find trying to write from a very logical, robotic perspective a challenge so it was a treat to read this. I really liked how Nano was like the voice of reason when everyone was being extremely emotional; being purely logical can come off as cold but it also means not being clouded by emotions and being to see and speak clearly. Helping to put things back in order by speaking up is what made Nano feel like a genuine part of the family, I find.

I also liked the alternate path. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I wasn't disappointed.
I was wondering if those scenes would be illustrated or not, but I'm fine with not seeing it and I would say it's more effective that way with how gruesome the details were, nice job there. I like how the bickering between them seemed to have worsened, becoming increasingly malicious toward each other and muttering terrible things behind the others backs. Nano's purpose is to learn, and seeing and hearing that nasty side of humanity was picked up, and their fate was a natural consequence of that. Still a cutie, though, and telling lies to cover up the first gruesome act was delightfully devilish.

Syrale
Regular
Completed: Robot Daycare, Deep Sea Valentine, Locke(d)
Projects: Artificial Selection, Artificial Fashionista, rei_carnation
Github: kigyo
itch: kigyo
Discord: kigyodev

#21 Post by Syrale »

nerupuff wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:32 am I'm so glad it's done and congratulations for completing your Nano2019 entry! Downloading it now~ Can't wait to try it! I'll let you know my thoughts when I'm done, but I'm sure it'll be so much fun to try.
Thank you, I hope you'll enjoy it!!
Wight wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:29 pm Congrats on finishing it!

I finished playing it and enjoyed it! Plenty of humorous bickering, but there was a reason for it that was more than just for the sake of humor which is good.

Nano was also a cutie. I find trying to write from a very logical, robotic perspective a challenge so it was a treat to read this.
Nano seems to be well liked by most, which I'm very happy about. I'm especially relieved to hear the progression in the other route made sense, since I was worried Nano's behavior could seem out of character after getting the good end.
Thank you for your kind words and feedback!

Also, I made a new thread in Completed Games: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=54703
ImageArtificial Selection (ongoing) |ImageDeep Sea Valentine | ImageRobot Daycare (NaNo19)
| ImageArtificial Fashionista (NaNo24)

My Developer Tools: Ren'Py Minimap/Location System | Ren'Py Word Counter+

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#22 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

I think it is pretty cool that you uploaded the android apk there too, though I noticed that you did not host it on Google Play, my guess is that you don't yet have a developer account or if it is because it is not really fully optimized for mobile devices.

I will give it a go soon, not sure if I will give the PC version a go or dig out an android device to try it.