One Last Salty Kiss [NaNo19][Romance][Supernatural][BxG][18+]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
fullmontis
Regular
Deviantart: fullmontis
itch: fullmontis

One Last Salty Kiss [NaNo19][Romance][Supernatural][BxG][18+]

#1 Post by fullmontis »

titlenewmin.jpg
Type: Kinetic
Genre: Romance/Supernatural [BxG]
Length: ~20k words
The game contains fanservice and scenes of nude and sex

2019/04/01: One Last Salty Kiss has been released!

Download on Itch.io
Synopsis:

Michele, coming out of a broken relationship, goes on a vacation to put some order in his life; but wandering by the shore, he meets Azzurra, a girl who lost her memory. Helping her gain it back will prove to be harder than expected for both of them, a journey that will make them discover what true love really means...

Cast (temporary art):

Giovanni
michele.png
Michele often gets lost in his own thoughts, which makes him an easy prey of stress. Despite being rational he is very empathic and understands people easily, which is why he's willing to help Azzurra.

Azzurra
azzurra.png
Azzurra may have lost her memory, but that didn't stop her energic and restless temperament. She likes to tease Michele but there is "something" about the way he's helping her that hits a soft spot in her heart. Of course, she would never admit it to him...

Giovanni
giovanni.png
Strong on the outside and tender on the inside, Giovanni is a real treasure. He is the owner of the inn "Da Giovanni", where Michele takes residence.

chibititlemin.jpg

Comments:

Hello! Late start...

I decided to do a small project for this year's NaNoRenO. It's a lovely story that I wanted to write down for a while now.

This will probably be a kinetic novel, but if I can get some extra time (doubt it), I have an idea for a second ending.

This novel contains scenes of sex and nudity, and for that reason I'm rating 18+. However, I will probably release a rated version too with some censoring.

Good luck to everyone partecipating!

Progress:

Code: Select all

Concept	    [####################] 100%
Script      [####################] 100%
Art         [####################] 100%
Programming [####################] 100%
UI          [####################] 100%
Sounds      [####################] 100%
Music       [####################] 100%
Older title art (not going to use this anymore):
Attachments
coverfinlarge.jpg
Last edited by fullmontis on Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.

fullmontis
Regular

Re: One Last Salty Kiss [Romance][Supernatural][BxG][18+]

#2 Post by fullmontis »

Some updates:

About 12k words of script done, I think in the end it will be around 20k after editing.

Finished the roughs for the main CGs.

Finished main sprite and poses for Azzurra:
Attachments
azzurrasprite.jpg

Warden
Projects: Dragon of Beor Mountains
Organization: Intrigue Games
Deviantart: boxofmagicalfury
itch: intrigue

#3 Post by Warden »

I'm not normally a fan of kinetic novels but this one seems really cute! The art is adorable, I really like Azzurra's finished sprite and the premise is intriguing, really curious to see if she regains her memories and how that plays out with Michele and Giovanni. Will definitely check it out when it's up!

awsome2464
Completed: REDD War, REDD War: Showtime
Projects: Berry Street
Organization: Good Tales
itch: goodtalesvn
Discord: awsome2464

#4 Post by awsome2464 »

I love the art style, and the concept seems cute and intriguing! I wish the best of luck to you!

fullmontis
Regular

Re: One Last Salty Kiss [NaNo19][Romance][Supernatural][BxG]

#5 Post by fullmontis »

@Warden and @awsome1464: Thank you so much for your interest! I will try to create something worth reading.

A few updates for the last few days:

The script is complete. As predicted it is around 20k words. It needs some adjustments but the story itself is in place. I decided to remove the 18+ tag since while it contains scenes of full nudity and sex they are rather tame. Actually I'm not sure here so some kind of input on how to rate it would be appreciated.

I completed the lineart for 4 of the main cgs, which is about half of the total. Won't post them here however cause they are quite spoilery :D I also completed a few backgrounds, of which there is a sample below. I'm going for a rough style because I don't have time to complete them all otherwise.
ingresso.jpg
I also started working on the UI design and the title screen, which you can see below.
title.jpg
All in all, with about one third of the NaNoRenO over, I think I'm about in line with the plan. Let's cross our fingers see how things go from here.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

fullmontis wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:46 pm I decided to remove the 18+ tag since while it contains scenes of full nudity and sex they are rather tame. Actually I'm not sure here so some kind of input on how to rate it would be appreciated.
While sexual content can fall anywhere between 16+ and 18+ depending on how explicit it is, full nudity usually warrants an 18+ rating in my experience. (I'm sure this varies depending on where you live, but in the US it would definitely be rated 18+.)

fullmontis
Regular

#7 Post by fullmontis »

Zelan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:08 pm
fullmontis wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:46 pm I decided to remove the 18+ tag since while it contains scenes of full nudity and sex they are rather tame. Actually I'm not sure here so some kind of input on how to rate it would be appreciated.
While sexual content can fall anywhere between 16+ and 18+ depending on how explicit it is, full nudity usually warrants an 18+ rating in my experience. (I'm sure this varies depending on where you live, but in the US it would definitely be rated 18+.)
Thanks Zelan for the input! You're definitely right, I think it's better to just make it 18+ to be sure. I added the tag back.

fullmontis
Regular

Re: One Last Salty Kiss [NaNo19][Romance][Supernatural][BxG][18+]

#8 Post by fullmontis »

Some updates for the halfway mark:

The script is complete, I rewrote it and it has been added to the visual novel.

I've done most of the GUI, I'm keeping it simple to save some time.

The lineart for the whole game is complete (minus two drawings), and now I just need to shade the CGs and draw the characters expressions and variations of poses.

I also did a cute chibi drawing of Azzurra as promotional material:
chibititle.jpg
All in all it everything seems in line. I expect to finish programming the animations before the 25th, so that I have some time for testing and adding music and sounds.

Wight
Regular
Completed: A Transient Experiment
itch: wight

#9 Post by Wight »

Azzurra looks like a cutie and I love the chibi drawing.
Giovanni also looks like a bro, I'm loving that big grin he has in the temporary art. I'm curious to see his role, even if it ends up being minor.

The rough style for the backgrounds is understandable because of the time constraint, but it looks fine to me. I think the choice of colors really help.

I don't normally read Romance very often, but this seems promising enough that I'm willing to give it a chance. Azzurra having lost her memory and the Supernatural tag has me curious enough to learn about her.

I also agree that full nudity and sex warrants an 18+ rating, even if it's considered tame. Such content doesn't bother me, but it's better to play it safe. It's not just there to warn the player that there will be naughty scenes, it's also there to protect yourself by making it clear it has such content upfront and avoid any potential trouble from some kid picking it up and playing it. Of course, rating it 18+ probably won't actually prevent a kid from downloading and playing it, but at least you have yourself covered.

Seems like you'll be working on this alone. It might be tough, especially if you want to finish it by the end of the month, but I wish you luck on finishing this story that you've been wanting to write down for a while!

fullmontis
Regular

#10 Post by fullmontis »

@Wight thank you for the interest and for giving it a chance! I hope to make it worth your time.

Giovanni has plenty of dialogue so he's definitely an important character.

I'm actually used at working alone. I'm not the best at deadlines but I've learned enough from my mistakes to understand what to cut and what to keep. Hopefully I'll be able to deliver something for the end of the month!

fullmontis
Regular

#11 Post by fullmontis »

Updates!

Sorry for the lack of updates as of late. I've been working a lot, trying to keep up to pace.

The game is slowly coming together. The graphics have been completed, excluding some character expressions and a couple shadings I still need to complete. The problem has been that I began rewriting some of the script because I never felt it was good enough, which made me lose time, and now I'm a little behind in adding the animations and images to the script. Not a big deal, but considering there is less than one week left, I'm pretty close if I want to release the game at the end of the month.

The only big missing piece is the music and sounds, but I was going with a simple soundtrack anyway so it's not going to take too much time. Everything else is pretty much in place.

I was thinking that in the case I won't be able to complete the whole game, I will probably release the first act of the story for NaNo and then release the whole story a week later. There is still a chance for doing it but I need to work hard.

Below are some final screenshots from the story. Let me know what you think.

See you next week, let's do this!
Attachments
screenshot0015.png
screenshot0013.png
screenshot0012.png
screenshot0009.png

fullmontis
Regular

#12 Post by fullmontis »

Important update:

It's complete!

Yep, so the only thing missing right now are a couple rereads to fix typos and grammatical errors, but for the rest everything is in place. It feels good to have it completed with just a handful of hours remaining.

If I have to be completely honest, I didn't really think I'd be able to do it. But trimming some fat at the last moment and a couple days of intense focus really gave the project the last push it needed.

To be honest it's not perfect, I wish I could work on it for another month or so to make the script pop more and work more on the musics, but the jam ends tomorrow, so there's that. However, I really grew to love the characters in a way that I didn't expect to when I wrote the first draft. I really hope you're going to enjoy them as much as I did writing them.

In the final version there are about 19.000 words and 9 CGs, which is about my initial planned estimate.

I'm going to release it tomorrow evening on my itch page at around 9PM CEST. I'll wait for you there.

In the meantime, here's a new screenshot of the game.
Attachments
screenshot00111.png

fullmontis
Regular

#13 Post by fullmontis »

It's here!

One Last Salty Kiss just been released!

Lemmasoft Forum Thread

Itch.io

Congrats to everyone who partecipated, and thanks to the organizers of this incredible event.
Now to put my head in the shower to cool it down before the melting point.