Quest for the Spirit Sphere! [NaNo2019] [Fantasy][Complete]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
JenneMK
Regular
Completed: The Asoralite Crystal, Quest for the Spirit Sphere!, Eislyn's Apocalypse
Deviantart: JenneMK
itch: JenneMK

Quest for the Spirit Sphere! [NaNo2019] [Fantasy][Complete]

#1 Post by JenneMK »

While dodging chores at his secret hideout Mark finds something magical. A cute little newborn spirit named Heart! The two become fast friends, except there's one problem: the Locke Family owns all spirit spheres that form on their property and they plan to sell her like all the rest of them.

Can Mark find her before she gets sold?

Image Image
Last edited by JenneMK on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nerupuff
Veteran

Re: Quest for the Spirit Sphere! [NaNo2019] [Fantasy]

#2 Post by nerupuff »

This art is super cute! I love their smiles! Cute concept here, I'm looking forward to your progress for this. :--)
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

azaraih
Regular
Projects: Alectrona: Space Party, Deadnettle Creek
Tumblr: azaraih
itch: azaraih

#3 Post by azaraih »

Aww I really like Heart, she's so adorable! I'm curious about these spirit spheres, like what are they and why are they sold? Are they like pets or do they have magical properties or something?
Image Image

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#4 Post by Amiralo »

Awwwww. It seems like a heartwarming tale-I'm an sucker for human-non-human friendship stories haha.
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

This sounds really cute! Looking forward to seeing more updates c: good luck on your NaNo!

JenneMK
Regular
Completed: The Asoralite Crystal, Quest for the Spirit Sphere!, Eislyn's Apocalypse

#6 Post by JenneMK »

nerupuff wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:43 am This art is super cute! I love their smiles! Cute concept here, I'm looking forward to your progress for this. :--)
Thank you, Nerupuff! ^^
azaraih wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:22 am Aww I really like Heart, she's so adorable! I'm curious about these spirit spheres, like what are they and why are they sold? Are they like pets or do they have magical properties or something?
Thanks, Azaraih! ^^ In this world spirits are creatures that have magical abilities. Spirits are created when a spirit sphere 'forms' in nature by gathering energy from the surrounding area. They are called spirits because their physical forms are tied to their spheres, and they cannot exist without them. They are almost like genies, where they reside dormant inside of their "lamp" until they are called forth. Whoever activates their sphere and releases them they consider to be their 'master.' ^^ Spirit spheres can also be deactivated, returning the spirit inside.

They are kind of like pets but people usually choose which spirits to keep based on the abilities they have. ^^
Amiralo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:32 am Awwwww. It seems like a heartwarming tale-I'm an sucker for human-non-human friendship stories haha.
Thanks, Amiralo! ^^ I like stories like that, too. :D
Zelan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:08 pm This sounds really cute! Looking forward to seeing more updates c: good luck on your NaNo!
Thank you, Zelan! ^^

And as far as updating goes, here's some background art!

Thanks for the support, everyone! ^^

JenneMK
Regular

#7 Post by JenneMK »

Well, I dropped the ball on updating this. XD But, nonetheless, I've been working diligently on Quest for the Spirit Sphere!

It's getting very close to completion but I've fallen a bit behind schedule so I'm not sure if I'm going to make the April 1st deadline. But I will probably be done a few days after if I don't. ^^

Anyway, thought I'd share some screenshots!

Ah, nothing like a giant green eye peeking in your window. ^^

And now I shall return to my cave and attempt to finish this game! ^^

JenneMK
Regular

#8 Post by JenneMK »

And, four days past the jam deadline, it is finally complete! ^^

Itch.io Page:
https://jennemk.itch.io/quest-for-the-spirit-sphere

Completed Game Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=54676

Even though I didn't make it in time I had a lot of fun working on this game. I hope you'll enjoy playing it! ^^