Beyond You! [NaNoRenO2019] [Dating Sim / Horror / Short]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
SlimeBunnyTV
Regular
Projects: Mistakes Were Made, Beyond You!
Tumblr: HexVexed
itch: HexVexed

Beyond You! [NaNoRenO2019] [Dating Sim / Horror / Short]

#1 Post by SlimeBunnyTV »

Trailer // Download

[ PSA: Includes pronoun choice and name choices. Please play with caution! It is an experience in itself.
Caution if you're easily startled or are sensitive to flashing images. ]

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

Hello~!

This is a short and sweet experience, as part of a larger project I would love to make! It’s your last year of high school, and you’re about to make a big decision for your future… Who will you choose to be your lab partner?!

There’s Haruka, the feisty one! Aiko, the intelligent leader! Kana, the silly sweetheart! And Yumi, the mute snarker! And don’t forget you! There’s no one else beyond you, after all.

It’s all on you!

✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

Last edited by SlimeBunnyTV on Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dating Sims meets Horror, Beyond You!
Artist & Writer & Coder & Overachiever for Mistakes Were Made.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Beyond You! [NaNoRenO2019] [Dating Sim / Horror / Short]

#2 Post by Zelan »

This is giving me Doki Doki Literature Club vibes. I liked that game, so I'm excited to see what this has in store for me (especially since this one gives pronoun choice)! Good luck on your NaNo! c:

SlimeBunnyTV
Regular

#3 Post by SlimeBunnyTV »

It's a mix of Doki Doki Literature Club & Hard Candy for inspiration, weirdly enough! I definitely would love to revisit this project with a fuller story worked out and a budget for an artist to do character art. That was my biggest limitation, as I did use free assets for the majority of this! :D My style was too Western to convey the vibe I wanted.

SlimeBunnyTV
Regular

#4 Post by SlimeBunnyTV »

Did some thank you art for those who’ve downloaded & played my visual novel, Beyond You! Check it out if you haven’t already! >:3 (And have an example of why I used free-to-use assets... I'm just not a mangaka.)

nerupuff
Veteran

#5 Post by nerupuff »

Hi! Managed to try it out and it's pretty well made for a 5-day production! It's super cute. I love how the sprites and BGs fit perfectly well together. Music choice is also super cute! I've yet to get very far with it though (I'm just 10 minutes, give or take, into it as I type this out)

I like how it's reminiscent of DDLC (I enjoyed that game
even if I was spooked for a while
)
I guess this feature will work best elsewhere. but since I placed a name for my character, it was okay, but when Haruka said the name of my PC, it came off as more odd than anything (well, some people do name their PCs with their real names, but what I did with my PC name is my initials so it wasn't as freaky lol.) Cool effect still. ^^
Can't wait to finish the demo. :---) I'll let you know how it goes.
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

SlimeBunnyTV
Regular

#6 Post by SlimeBunnyTV »

nerupuff wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:08 am Hi! Managed to try it out and it's pretty well made for a 5-day production! It's super cute. I love how the sprites and BGs fit perfectly well together. Music choice is also super cute! I've yet to get very far with it though (I'm just 10 minutes, give or take, into it as I type this out)

I like how it's reminiscent of DDLC (I enjoyed that game
even if I was spooked for a while
)
I guess this feature will work best elsewhere. but since I placed a name for my character, it was okay, but when Haruka said the name of my PC, it came off as more odd than anything (well, some people do name their PCs with their real names, but what I did with my PC name is my initials so it wasn't as freaky lol.) Cool effect still. ^^
Can't wait to finish the demo. :---) I'll let you know how it goes.
Hey! Thank you for the comment! ^_^ I'm glad you wanted to give it a go, and I hope you you progressed further into it. I've received feedback regarding the way the story flows, esp. towards the ending. When you're open for proof reading again, I'd love to enlist your help! Thanks again! :D
I figure the 'using your PC name' thing is gonna be hit or miss. Ah well! :P Glad you can see what I was getting at with it at least!

SlimeBunnyTV
Regular

#7 Post by SlimeBunnyTV »

I'm doing a "rewrite", more or less! The initial tone and vibe of the game was well received, with the criticism that it rushed into the meat of the 'glitchy' and messed up parts. So I'm pretty much rewriting the game from the start. I've also outlined the characters, and I redid the assets for the additional girls.

SlimeBunnyTV
Regular

#8 Post by SlimeBunnyTV »

Updated the game, created a 'Day Zero' experience! Also added a new trailer. The tech demo is going to be left up, while the Day Zero game will splinter off into the major storyline.

SlimeBunnyTV
Regular

#9 Post by SlimeBunnyTV »

Added a chatroom function. You can choose your avatar out of a selection of four! :3

Click for bigger versions!