Prison of Lies [NaNo 2019] [Psychological]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
OddTillTheEnd
Regular
Completed: Broken Minds (2017), Prison of Lies (2019), Methods (2020), Catalyst Wake (2021)
Projects: JPDE2: Adagio of Darkness (Early access), Blankspace (2020), The Elevator Game with Catgirls
Organization: LockedOn Games
Soundcloud: OddTillTheEnd
itch: lockedon

Prison of Lies [NaNo 2019] [Psychological]

#1 Post by OddTillTheEnd »

Four prisoners on death row are cleared of all charges.

But the prison has a quota to meet.

The four are put in a room and asked to decide among themselves over the course of an hour...

who will be the one to die?

Each of the prisoners have been fitted with a lie detector, so that if one of them lies, all of them know. I've designed a mini-game based around this concept, which pops up now and then.

The game takes approximately 30 minutes to play.

I have composed music for the game in a lounge-based eclectic style. I'll be releasing the OST on my Bandcamp page.

More energetic than the others, Prisoner J is the protagonist of the story. She wants to get on everyone's good side.

Thoughtful and intelligent, Prisoner Q sees the situation through a practical lens.

Gruff and annoyed at basically everything, Prisoner E is quick to slam others for their mistakes. Her worst fear is that this situation will turn into a personality contest.

Disciplined and sharp, Prisoner V is careful about choosing her allies. She is sad that the prison is doing this.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Prison of Lies [NaNo 2019] [Psychological]

#2 Post by Zelan »

This was an incredibly cool game. I liked the character design (the prison uniforms combining old-school black and white and modern orange are so cool) and I loved the gameplay mechanic. It sort of gave me Danganronpa vibes, actually, but instead of destorying the lies you're trying to build them, so it's the other way around! The numerous twists also had me going, and ultimately the game is just super polished.

I plan on showing this game to my girlfriend, since she's the one who showed me Danganronpa. I'll let you know her thoughts on it when I can. (:

OddTillTheEnd
Regular
Completed: Broken Minds (2017), Prison of Lies (2019), Methods (2020), Catalyst Wake (2021)
Projects: JPDE2: Adagio of Darkness (Early access), Blankspace (2020), The Elevator Game with Catgirls
Organization: LockedOn Games
Soundcloud: OddTillTheEnd
itch: lockedon

Re: Prison of Lies [NaNo 2019] [Psychological]

#3 Post by OddTillTheEnd »

Zelan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:28 pm This was an incredibly cool game. I liked the character design (the prison uniforms combining old-school black and white and modern orange are so cool) and I loved the gameplay mechanic. It sort of gave me Danganronpa vibes, actually, but instead of destorying the lies you're trying to build them, so it's the other way around! The numerous twists also had me going, and ultimately the game is just super polished.

I plan on showing this game to my girlfriend, since she's the one who showed me Danganronpa. I'll let you know her thoughts on it when I can. (:
Thank you so much! Danganronpa is one of my favorite games so it doesn't surprise me some DR energy got in there. :)

Best,

— Odd