Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [Comedy][Action][GxB][NaNoRenO2020+][COMPLETED]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [Comedy][Action][GxB][NaNoRenO2020+]

#46 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Day 9 OVERDRIVE!

I got stumped yesterday.... like REALLY STUMPED on what to do with the opening after I set up all the subtitles. Just kept staring at my opened video editor and nothing happened haha. But today I am actually MAKING PROGRESS!

Now I work on random parts of the song wherever I have muse--I never go straight down the line from start to finish, I just work at the part of the song I know where I want a certain thing to happen, and then I add things in between, and before I make an export, I will adjust like move things around if it's better in another part, or change, or add an extra effect, etc etc.

Here's a screencap of me at work in my favorite video editing software I have been using since 2009--it has served me well and will continue to serve me well. I am not sure how I feel about the opening (yet), but when I'm done I'll probably be just as proud of it, if not more so, as the ending credits. Subs are currently muted in Track 10 so they don 't get in the way.
Untitled.png
Keyframing is the most tedious part of the job. I often find making PVs (specifying ones with just static images--no animation clips) much harder than making AMVs since literally I have to make all the static images look interesting. I have to keyframe all the pans, zooms, sometimes even coloring and lighting, to give a nice feel of movement. But it's so worth it over presets, since presets are nice and all if you want a quick effect, but when you need something specific, you gotta keyframe it. That way it'll do exactly what I want it to. Having Noah in front of the moon as it pans out is a little trickier than I had imagined. I also have it where the further back it goes, the more you see him, so it starts out where he is completely overshadowed to where you can see him clearer. That's not even the hardest section I've worked on. Trying something I've never personally done before in the sequence before--and oh my gosh, it's tedious but I like it, but I know it won't be perfect since I'd never done it before. It's a simple shot of all the villains silhouetted in white just zooming out as they appear--like the one appears first starts to get further away, I dunno how to explain it. But it may sound simple, but getting it to look JUST RIGHT is a pain, but I already worked so hard on it it's staying, even if i t's a little rough, it'll be presentable. Practice makes perfect after all~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

Re: Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [Comedy][Action][GxB][NaNoRenO2020+]

#47 Post by Kokoro Hane »

DAY 10 OVERDRIVE.

Today, more line leveling. I'm a little stuck on the opening. Besides, getting the leveling finalized is the most important thing. I'll just have to do it last and I think that will help with the stress of everything but the OP being done by then. My muse flows much more freely when I mentally know there's nothing else to be done lol.

Now for awhile, there were literally 3 lines that would not play properly in the game. No matter what I did to it; convert it, re-export it, etc. I thought they were completely corrupted. I even cleared all my persistent data in case maybe the game compiled some error data preventing it to play. Nothing worked. Then I thought about it... it could be the transition from ADV to NVL and vice-versa that is causing this sudden cut to the voice channel. So I added a renpy.pause statement of half a second when it switches to NVL mode (since a spoken line immediately plays) and WALLA! IT PLAYS! Lack of pause cut it off, such a simple solution, and this has plagued me for a week or so! At least it is fixed now.

In other news, I happen to be participating in the daily challenge of NaPoWriMo (where you write a poem a day), and for Day 9 I wrote a poem in Noah's perspective, about his unwavering loyalty to Lady Valance. So if you're interested in reading that, I have it up on the itch.io devlog of the game; https://tofu-sheets-visual.itch.io/sinc ... n-progress
It seems Noah's VA, Shakyra Dunn, is very interested in reading it aloud in character too~
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#48 Post by Kokoro Hane »

The final day.

Leveling will be finalized within a couple hours. Next, an opening sequence will be (attempted) finished.

Tomorrow, a combat butler will show up on your doorstep.
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [Comedy][Action][GxB][NaNoRenO2020+][COMPLETED]

#49 Post by Kokoro Hane »

PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

LiamWinterdale
Regular
Completed: Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! (NaNoRenO 2020, CG / Cover + Title Logo Artist)
Projects: BR ( WiP ), HC1 ( WiP ), SWaTSB ( WiP ), SD ( WiP ), H ( WiP )

Re: Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [Comedy][Action][GxB][NaNoRenO2020+][COMPLETED]

#50 Post by LiamWinterdale »

Woohoo~!!
The game is now available to play, y'all! *^*)/ 🎉

I hope everyone enjoys the game~ I had so much fun working as the CG artist for this project ^v^)b

Enjoy~ and stay safe! >v<)/