Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [Comedy][Action][GxB][NaNoRenO2020+][COMPLETED]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
LiamWinterdale
Regular
Completed: Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! (NaNoRenO 2020, CG / Cover + Title Logo Artist)
Projects: BR ( WiP ), HC1 ( WiP ), SWaTSB ( WiP ), SD ( WiP ), H ( WiP )

Re: Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [Comedy][Action][GxB][NaNoRenO2020]

#31 Post by LiamWinterdale »

I'm glad the cover art looks great in the title menu ^w^)b

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#32 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Day 25.

So yesterday, my CG gallery was being kind of annoying. Ugh. Glad I got it ready sooner rather than later, but I finally got it to do what I wanted! Unfortunately I wasn't able to cut any lines that day, so gotta power through today!

Speaking of lines, I am working on cutting Jason's batch as we speak, and will hopefully get a couple or more done!

One unfortunate thing is I don't think I can get the opening video done in time, so sadly that may have to come after the game is released.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

#33 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Day 26!

I am still cutting lines as we speak! So I currently have 303 lines already cut at the moment. My goal is to start applying lines by Sunday!

Here is my current chart of batches cut----
ANNELISE: (pending)
NOAH: (pending)
SORA: (pending)
JASON: DONE
EMILY: IN PROGRESS
MRS. SATO: DONE
VILLAINS: 4 OF 5 DONE
NEWS REPORTER: DONE
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Day 27.

LOGO IS DONE! Thank you Liam for doing a fabulous job ^^
Title Logo Design (resize).png
Title Logo Design (resize).png (94.83 KiB) Viewed 2587 times
And what it looks like on the cover~
Cover Art with Logo.jpg

So today will be a bit more relaxed. I will still cut a bunch of lines of course, but a little later today. I'm also going to finish the Extras section before compiling the voiceless version (yes I have not got around to that) and as I work on voice application over the weekend, I'll be uploading this to version to itch (but keep it hidden).
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Travallian
Tumblr: Razumi
Deviantart: travallian
Soundcloud: razumi
itch: razumi

#35 Post by Travallian »

That logo looks pretty fun.

LiamWinterdale
Regular
Completed: Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! (NaNoRenO 2020, CG / Cover + Title Logo Artist)

#36 Post by LiamWinterdale »

It was fun, Kokoro~
Thanks again for the opportunity ^w^)/
Travallian wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:11 pm That logo looks pretty fun.
Thank you, Travallian! I'm so glad the fun comes across! *^*)b

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#37 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Day 29

I cut a lot of lines. I am too lazy to re-type everything, so here's the link to Day 29's devlog on itch with full details about stuff (GUI, line cutting, possible pushback date);
https://tofu-sheets-visual.itch.io/sinc ... t-pushback
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

LiamWinterdale
Regular

#38 Post by LiamWinterdale »

Great work, Kokoro!
Let's keep it up ^w^)/

As for me~ I'm finally done with my part of the work! Yes, all the tasks! One day before the deadline Kokoro gave me! For my first time joining a game jam, it's not bad.
Proud of myself xD *pats back*

And here's the last timelapse video of the game's official art from me~ *sighs* Feels quite bittersweet ;w;

Once again, thank you so much, Kokoro, for the valuable opportunity. You're a great leader and I hope we can work together again in the future ^w^)b

I'll be sticking around for the updates and to play the game~ ahh, can't wait! Best of luck, team!
\(>w<)/

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#39 Post by Kokoro Hane »

DAY 31!

For many, this is the last day of development. For others, teams will be following the extended deadline. For my team? It's both. Let me elaborate---

First off, I completed line cutting yesterday, but I do still have a remainder batch to receive, as well as some missing/redos from a couple others. Since one of our VAs had been delayed due to the current crisis, and with the input of fellow teammates, we have decided to follow the new deadline for this year.

So.... first off, aside from beginning the line application process, I will be finalizing the unvoiced version of the game (since most of the GUI is done and I have CG 7--I waited a little for those, hence why I did not compile as early as I said I would). I will play through it once, get all the endings, just to make sure it works (and this gives me a playtime estimate). On April 1st, I am going to upload it. But it will be kept hidden until the voiced version is completed so they may debut side by side. Uploading the voiceless version, even though hidden, is to satisfy my personal pride admittedly, so I know in my heart that the 8th time's the charm, haha. I have been at NaNoRenO since 2012, so beating the traditional deadline has always been a goal of mine. So this will just satisfy me as "yes, I finally did it!!" even if you can't play it yet, it's there. And yes, I will not submit our page to the jam page until both are available.

Line application will take me about 3-5 days (most likely 3 but like to add 2 extra days cushion). After that, the opening video will be created in about 1-2 days. If I receive the remainder batch soon, the game can be released as early as April 5th! Otherwise, for sure, you will be able to play this game on the 12th. And we are happy to make this game the best it can be, so you can experience it in its full glory! This deadline in no way will be used to add onto the game or anything like that, we all know what a mess you create if you keep tacking stuff on. This is just due to setback, so I can have all the lines in my possession, plus it gives me time to have the OP ready which was indeed intended. Everything that I had to cut from this game for time constraints will, indeed, remain CUT. Hence why tomorrow' upload of the unvoiced version will finalize these cuts remain cut.

And yeah.... that's the update! I have a busy day ahead of me, but it's all worth it!

Further dev logs past the traditional deadline will clock back to "day 1" and be called "overdrive" (so for example "Day 1 overdrive"). To indicate this, I have updated the subject title of this thread to "NaNoRenO+".

Thanks again for all your encouragement, and please look forward to our NaNo release! You just have to wait a little bit longer, but trust me, that time will fly by I'm sure ^^
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [Comedy][Action][GxB][NaNoRenO2020+]

#40 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Day 2 OVERDRIVE.

So applying lines is basically all I am going to be doing (and then after that, the OP&ED sequences). So I won't be reporting too much since it's the same old same old. Applying lines is the most boring part of the script, to be honest. It's tedious, but worth it when I have to test the scene I just did to make sure everything flows and sounds right. There is still a little bit of leveling issues, but I'll deal with that last. I just need to type in all the voice statements first so it's all ready to go. This is always my flow with a game with a mass amount of voice acting.

Also I just finished the second scene in the game, and wow, I never seen this before. Ann and Sora literally had the same amount of lines here! They both end at 23! xD
Untitled.png
In other news.... yesterday I uploaded the unvoiced build of the game, but its download is kept hidden until the voiced is up. Either way, I finally defeated NaNoRenO for once lol, and soon... we're gonna defeat the new deadline!
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [Comedy][Action][GxB][NaNoRenO2020+]

#41 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Day 3 OVERDRIVE!

Line application is going FASTER than I anticipated. I already applied lines to everything before the 1 month timeskip. This is very significant. I am literally almost done with script.rpy, which means all that will remain is branch.rpy (which is a less than half the length of the main script) and finale.rpy (2 of the endings).

I've also cut Annelise's remainder batch! She clocks in at 495 lines, WOW! She nearly broke 500 xD
Once I've applied all the lines, I'll be fixing volume leveling and sending out to my teammates any possible redos that are needed (since seeing it in the ifnal product helps me to finalize stuff). After that, I'll take one day to create the OP&ED sequence, then this game is ready for deployment! Yes, we are seriously almost done!!!

Since you guys had to wait a tiny bit longer for the release, I put together a snippet of Ann and Noah's first meeting! Please enjoy~
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#42 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Day 4 OVERDRIVE!

Guess what everybody????

LINE APPLICATION. IS. DONE!!!!

You know what this means??????

I will be assessing redos as I playtest it through from start to finish
I will be finalizing leveling, since some parts don't match too well, but easy to fix

Tonmorrow.... I begin creating the Opening Video!!!! (I can probably do credits tonight since that'll be very simple)

I'm not gonna give a definite release date, but for sure it's coming in the next few days!!!
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#43 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Day 7 OVERDRIVE!

I finished the ending credits sequence. I figured I'd start on that first to get it over with, plus it'd be easier to put together than the opening (which I'm attempting tomorrow). Took me about 3 hours-ish. A fairly simple edit but I am really proud of it, I had a lot of fun making it--especially since I had been imagining what I was gonna do at certain parts. There was a concept I wasn't quite sure how I'd pull off, it kept not working out when I tried, but there was a simple solution to it and so I did that, and walla, still got what I wanted to portray. My favorite part was making the villain credits section~

The most complex and fancy part of the credits is the part where I put a name to a face. You see the character and the name of the actor appears. I really love credits like that, so I try to do that when I can for my game endings. Of course after all the fancy bits are done, we just get the rest of the credits that scroll upward to infinity lol, classic credit roll. Sadly I can't really share the end credits since there is technically spoilers (kinda large spoilers) portrayed in the ED so hahaha. But when I make the OP, it'll go up on YouTube~
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

foleso
Regular
Completed: Demon Kiss, Rustea Conversation, Love Rewind, Crown & Cauldron
Projects: Franken Tutor
Organization: Foleso
Tumblr: foleso
Deviantart: foleso
Github: foleso
itch: Foleso

#44 Post by foleso »

This looks amazing! I love it <3

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#45 Post by Kokoro Hane »

foleso wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:32 am This looks amazing! I love it <3
Thank you!! We are so excited to present this very soon!! Hope you will enjoy it as much as we did making it~
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"