Kill the Prince?! [BxB][RELEASED!]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

Re: Kill the Prince?! [BxB][Puzzle][Political Shenanigans]

#16 Post by Heiden »

Working on getting the equipment page looking nice. :))

Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A

#17 Post by Heiden »

Just working on polishing up the GUI and am now coding in our protagonists expressions.

Usually for a game I'll do "three passes".
First pass is to get the game playable from beginning to end. No music, no sprites. But core gameplay works.

Second pass is to import the sprites and animations.

Third pass is to implement music, sfxs, and nice little animations on the text itself to really make the text Pop!

Right now I'm firmly in the 2nd pass! I suppose in a sense I didn't finish my game this weekend, but I did bring my game through the first pass! So that's a big success for me.

I can finally upload some screenshots now that I don't have that pesky default GUI anymore, haha.

Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

Heiden
Regular

#18 Post by Heiden »

Finished programming in the sprites. All that's left is the main menu and to finally decide on what music I want for what scenes.

I also drew some possible ending CGs, but we'll see if I have enough time before the end of the month.

Working on the title screen now! :D

A sneak peek...

Heiden
Regular

#19 Post by Heiden »

Main menu is done, most of the music has been chosen, and I just finished the logo! :D

Making good progress. I already have some ideas of added scenes I can add to make the plot stronger. I'll be working on CGs next I think, and then a few very minor edits to the script!

Heiden
Regular

Re: Kill the Prince?! [BxB][Looking for Betas]

#20 Post by Heiden »

All but the credits and extra pages are done~!
screenshot0041.png
screenshot0040.png
screenshot0039.png
screenshot0035.png
If anyone was interested, I'm looking for some beta readers!

Length is 5k with one good ending a few short/joke-y bad ends.

Very happy to have gotten this far for nano~!

nyphren
Tumblr: nyphren
itch: nyphren

#21 Post by nyphren »

the game looks awesome! will be waiting for the release!

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

#22 Post by paradigmshifty »

This looks really cool! I like the art and colours very much, and the premise sounds really fun :)
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique

Heiden
Regular

#23 Post by Heiden »

paradigmshifty wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:30 pm This looks really cool! I like the art and colours very much, and the premise sounds really fun :)
Thank you!! :D :D I had a lot of fun working on this one.

And aaahh, it's the end of nano! (Well I guess it was extended 2 weeks, but for me it's over!)

Kill the Prince?! is now out!
Dress up in different disguises (including a giant fake mustache) and try to kill(?) the prince!

https://heiden.itch.io/kill-the-prince

azaraih
Regular
Projects: Alectrona: Space Party, Deadnettle Creek
Tumblr: azaraih
itch: azaraih

Re: Kill the Prince?! [BxB][RELEASED!]

#24 Post by azaraih »

Congrats on finishing Nano!! I'm excited to try this, everything turned out looking so cool! :]
Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Kill the Prince?! [BxB][RELEASED!]

#25 Post by Zelan »

This game was so cute! I loved all of the art and outfits. And Perle's hints were really appreciated as I'm not too good with point and click games lmao. Great job!