Fortnight At Grace Manor [Romance][Historical(-ish)][G/B/NBxG/B/NB]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
owlwingvisual
Tumblr: owlwingvisual
itch: owlwingvisual

Fortnight At Grace Manor [Romance][Historical(-ish)][G/B/NBxG/B/NB]

#1 Post by owlwingvisual »

Hello everyone! This is my first time making a visual novel, much less participating in NaNoRenO, and I'm doing it solo. The goal is to finish within the deadline, but we'll have to see.

STORY
You play as head of the respected Grace household in Regency England. You recently invited your long-absent best friend (and his slightly odious relatives) to spend two weeks at your country estate. Little did you know that one of those relatives would invite your most hated rival. While you struggle to play good host, you also struggle to be a good older sibling (when you doubt the effectiveness of her governess), and a good heir to the Grace estate.

LOVE INTERESTS

Commodore James Harrington has been your best friend nearly since infancy, but years ago he joined the royal navy and hasn't been back since. Now he has returned, with relatives and Doctor in tow. Can you catch up with your old friend? And maybe find something... more?

Governess Eleanor Stone has recently been employed to be your sisters' governess. It is truly regrettable that you were unable to give her an interview (despite her glowing references) because she seems incapable of stinging two words together in your presence. Can you figure out her qualifications? And will you be drawn into her other amiable qualities?

Doctor Alex Kingsley has been your rival for some time now, always one step ahead in matters of connections, prowess, and hair. And now, most horrifically, your best friends relatives have invited them to stay at your house for two weeks! Can you and the doctor see eye to eye? And will you see that there is a lot more between you then a rivalry?

Other Characters
Augusta-Anne Grace
Mr. and Mrs. Dawson

SETTING
Set at Grace Manor, your ancestral home. Here are some of the backgrounds;
Courtyard:
Dining Room:
Foyer:

FEATURES (time permitting)
  • roughly 20,000 words
  • choose our own gender
  • 3 love interests
  • 14 endings
  • 4 CGs
PROGRESS
Art
Backgrounds: 6/8
CGs: 0/4
Sprites: 5/5
GUI: 0.5/1

Writing
script: 1/4th completed (around 6k words)

Coding
??? it's kind of hard to tell, I've never really done this before. But everything written has been coded.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Fortnight At Grace Manor [Romance][Historical(-ish)][G/B/NBxG/B/NB]

#2 Post by Zelan »

This looks really cute! I like all of the love interests, they're really charming. Looking forward to seeing your progress. ^_^