Giving Her a Voice [nano2020][Sci-fi][Drama]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Suryce
Completed: Giving her a Voice
Projects: The Menagerie remake
itch: suryce

Giving Her a Voice [nano2020][Sci-fi][Drama]

#1 Post by Suryce »

Synopsis

Giving Her a Voice is a short kinetic sci-fi VN about an antisocial non-binary girl who is given by her rich family an android clone meant to take care of social responsabilities for her. Almost a dream come true, but if the android can do everything for her, then what is the point in the end?

Credits

The game will use creative common content: the sprite art is from Elzee, and the background art from Chocolate Berry. And I'm planning to use music from Jake Bowkett. The writing and programmation is done by me.

Goals

This project is pretty much a remake and shortened version of an unfinished Twine game of the same name I made a few years ago. I'm keeping the scope low and aiming to make the game about 10 minutes long. My goal with this project is to learn new skills aside from writing, starting with coding and Renpy. I only started working on this halfway through the month, but hey, better late than never as they say! At least, I still end up having a full month to work on it with the extension.

Progress

- First script draft: done
- Coding in sprites and expressions: done
- Coding in music and sound effects:
- Polishing?:
Last edited by Suryce on Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Giving Her a Voice [nano2020][Sci-fi][Drama]

#2 Post by Zelan »

This is a really interesting concept. Good luck with it!

JenneMK
Regular
Completed: The Asoralite Crystal, Quest for the Spirit Sphere!, Eislyn's Apocalypse
Deviantart: JenneMK
itch: JenneMK

#3 Post by JenneMK »

Cool idea! Good luck with your NaNoRenO! ^^

Suryce

#4 Post by Suryce »

Thank you!

Finished coding in sprites expressions, and now I'm pretty much in the polishing phase, along with incorporating music and potential sound effects. Spent a lot of time yesterday struggling to do a credits roll the exact way I wanted, and in the end, I kinda settled on doing more of an author's word in NVL style, rather than a sequence that is only a list of credits. Plus, I like being able to communicate a little with the player/reader directly.

The game is really short, and gets to the point real fast, for better and worse. Low scope and all that, but I'm probably going to at least add a few lines to the emotional climax to make it feel less rushed. One thing I want to learn in the future is using zooms to make the presentation more interesting and dynamic, and I might go back to the game in the future to try to learn it and incorporate it within it, along with maybe adding a scene or two to flesh out certain aspects of the story.

Suryce

#5 Post by Suryce »