Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Game: Rhaier Kingdom [Nano2020]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love, unknown
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations

Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Game: Rhaier Kingdom [Nano2020]

#1 Post by xavimat »

coverimage2.jpg
Rhaier Kingdom, a Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel Game.

Updated: April 6th, 2020.

The great and powerful Rhaier Kingdom is recruiting young people from the villages. They will attend the Royal Academies on Pykkard and, if they succeed, will serve the King and their People as Warriors, Knights, Ambassadors or even Spies.
  • As a Visual Novel there are options, dialogues, characters, and some mystery to solve.
  • As an Adventure there is an Inventory to carry items, a world map and some convoluted conspiracies against the king.
  • As a Multiplayer game there is a message center to talk online to other players. In the future it will be possible to give and receive items, form parties and more.
Download the DEMO now (includes a small adventure with ~3,300 words). Languages: Spanish (original), English (auto-translated). Currently missing: Most sprites, music and sound effects.

DOWNLOAD: https://pilgrimcreations.itch.io/rhaier-kingdom

New in 0.3.10:
Many system and gui improvements. This update does not add any story.

- story: Spanish text proofread by Ertal (Thanks, Ertal-Games!).
- server: Chat doesn't send username. It fetchs it from db.
- system: Added Server maintenance dates and notices.
It should adapt to pc local time.
Translation of maintenance dates/hours.
- gui: Side image for Main Character.
- gui: Buttons with Characters in Main Menu (Main Menu is also the Load Page).
- system: Player Generation with options (gender, skin color, eye color, hair).
- system: Gender variables in Spanish (o/a, el/la, un/una).
- story: The Spanish text is now gender-aware.
- gui: Screenshot backgrounds for load buttons on Main Menu / Load Page.
- gui: Scrolling Viewport in Main Menu (Load Page).
- legacy: Try to avoid broken saves.
- gui: New fonts.

Devlog:
Version 0.3.10
Version 0.3.9

This little (and very limited) DEMO is only the beginning. Many features await in the future if we found support and people likes the idea.

Looking for partners: If you are interested on putting your art or music to this project, I'll be thrilled to hear about it. Also, you are welcome if you want to proofread and correct the English version, or proofread the Spanish one. Ideas for more functionality are welcome too. Also, do you have opinions, suggestions, donations? All of it is OK. Thanks!

Full Credits.
Last edited by xavimat on Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

cedes
Regular
itch: cedes

Re: Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Game: Rhaier Kingdom [Nano2020]

#2 Post by cedes »

Wow, this sounds absoletly amazing! I'm downloading right now and will come back with feedback!!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#3 Post by Zelan »

An online multiplayer game is an awesome idea! I've been looking for stuff my fiancee and I can play remotely with each other.

I'm not sure how much time I would be able to devote to it since my classes start again tomorrow, but I might be able to proofread the English version.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#4 Post by Kokoro Hane »

This sounds like a fabulous concept! A multiplayer VN... I had only seen that attempted once, but this concept I think would work best with it and I will keep my eye on it! I love fantasies and it seems like a game you can enjoy solo or with others easily.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by xavimat »

cedes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:12 pm Wow, this sounds absoletly amazing! I'm downloading right now and will come back with feedback!!
Thanks a lot, cedes I'll love to hear your opinions. I've seen your message on the messages board. :)
Zelan wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:24 am An online multiplayer game is an awesome idea! I've been looking for stuff my fiancee and I can play remotely with each other.
I'm not sure how much time I would be able to devote to it since my classes start again tomorrow, but I might be able to proofread the English version.
Thanks, Zelan. If you can help, I'll really appreciate it. The game is still very small, but I plan on extending the adventures.
Kokoro Hane wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:44 am This sounds like a fabulous concept! A multiplayer VN... I had only seen that attempted once, but this concept I think would work best with it and I will keep my eye on it! I love fantasies and it seems like a game you can enjoy solo or with others easily.
Thanks, Kokoro Hane! I'm glad you like the idea. The "multiplayer" part on a VN must be kept at a minimum, because I want to respect the reading speed of every player. (There will be no timed-events, no hurry to achieve some goal, no special items for the one who arrives first). The interactivity will be, for now in the form of messages. I plan on adding later:
1.the possibility of sharing goods (items, money) between players.
2.the forming of "parties", that is: to start some quest, you'll need to have in your party a knight and a monk, so a knight and a monk form a party and both of them can play that quest, although every one of them do it separately (read it at their pace). I'm imagining it as a reading room, where everybody is silently reading a book (or a collection of related books), and, sometimes, sharing impressions ("oh, look, that's interesting").
3.and maybe the possibility to marry between players (and get some benefits, like rank or other stats). That's still a long shot but the idea is there.

clowndream
Completed: HIKEBACK
itch: clowndream

#6 Post by clowndream »

i've never heard of a mutliplayer vn before! the concept sounds so interesting, and i think this project has a lot of potential! maybe there could be more incentive to interact with other players, such as tradeable items unique to that specific copy of the game (think of the random fruits in animal crossing), gaining exp for messaging other players, or other in-game benefits. regardless, i'm excited to check out your work so far, and i'm looking forward to keeping up with this project through its development! good luck with everything!

if you need a character writer, proofreader, or translator (soy boricua! ¿y usted? ¿de dónde es?), i'd be happy to help!!

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by xavimat »

clowndream wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:49 am i've never heard of a mutliplayer vn before! the concept sounds so interesting, and i think this project has a lot of potential! maybe there could be more incentive to interact with other players, such as tradeable items unique to that specific copy of the game (think of the random fruits in animal crossing), gaining exp for messaging other players, or other in-game benefits. regardless, i'm excited to check out your work so far, and i'm looking forward to keeping up with this project through its development! good luck with everything!

if you need a character writer, proofreader, or translator (soy boricua! ¿y usted? ¿de dónde es?), i'd be happy to help!!
Unique items could be a good idea, thanks. I'll think about integrating them on the story.
The exp thing is not yet implemented, and needs some more thinking.
I'll take your offer about translations and proofreading.
I'm from Spain. If you are interested, we have a Discord server about Ren'Py in Spanish: https://discord.gg/KWDk6se

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#8 Post by Kokoro Hane »

xavimat wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:37 am Thanks, Kokoro Hane! I'm glad you like the idea. The "multiplayer" part on a VN must be kept at a minimum, because I want to respect the reading speed of every player. (There will be no timed-events, no hurry to achieve some goal, no special items for the one who arrives first). The interactivity will be, for now in the form of messages. I plan on adding later:
1.the possibility of sharing goods (items, money) between players.
2.the forming of "parties", that is: to start some quest, you'll need to have in your party a knight and a monk, so a knight and a monk form a party and both of them can play that quest, although every one of them do it separately (read it at their pace). I'm imagining it as a reading room, where everybody is silently reading a book (or a collection of related books), and, sometimes, sharing impressions ("oh, look, that's interesting").
3.and maybe the possibility to marry between players (and get some benefits, like rank or other stats). That's still a long shot but the idea is there.
I absolutely love it! I really like the idea of the multiplayer being minimal, but still enough to feel like you are in a world with other people ^^
It's perfect for a visual novel~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"