The Guide's Return [Fantasy] [NaNoRenO2021]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
JenneMK
Regular
Completed: The Asoralite Crystal, Quest for the Spirit Sphere!, Eislyn's Apocalypse
Deviantart: JenneMK
itch: JenneMK

The Guide's Return [Fantasy] [NaNoRenO2021]

#1 Post by JenneMK »

The Guide's Return

Story

Every few centuries there comes a celestial event that threatens all life. To counter these attacks, a Guide left her world in the hands of three ancient beings who were given the power to protect it.

Except this time, as the event draws ever closer, she sees that they have made no preparations. Thus, the Guide returns to her homeworld in an attempt to save it from impending disaster. However, people don't seem to understand that this weird person in cult-like robes is actually their only hope against a world ending calamity most people have never heard of.

Can our protagonist save a world that doesn't realize it is in danger?

The Aforementioned Protagonist

I am running rather late this year so unfortunately this WIP thread is a little bare bones, haha. I will do my best to turn this into a nice little visual novel! I'mma get back to work and I'll return soon with some updates. :D

JenneMK
Regular
Completed: The Asoralite Crystal, Quest for the Spirit Sphere!, Eislyn's Apocalypse
Deviantart: JenneMK
itch: JenneMK

Re: The Guide's Return [Fantasy] [NaNoRenO2021]

#2 Post by JenneMK »

It feels weird, letting this sit here without an update. So even though it's a year later (and time for another NaNoRenO!) I wanted to quickly explain what's going on with this WIP.

A lot happened last year and I (temporarily) gave up on a lot of stuff I was doing online so that I could focus on what was happening around me.
However, I still plan to finish this game! The Guide's Return can't be considered a NaNo game anymore, so I'll only release one more update to this thread once it is finished. I am planning to join NaNoRenO this year, though, so that will be at least a couple of months from now.

I hope everyone has fun NaNo-ing this year! And hopefully I'll have a final update for this game before too long.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: The Guide's Return [Fantasy] [NaNoRenO2021]

#3 Post by Zelan »

I'm a huge fan of your project from NaNo2020, and this summary is really intriguing, so I'll look forward to seeing more updates about this! Hopefully in the meantime I get the chance to play the rest of your games (: