Sweetly Sweetened Sweets [NaNo2022][GxG][Yuri][Comedy][Slice-of-Life][Sci-Fi(?)][Cute Demo, but about the full game--]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
MintGlow
Regular
Completed: Pippy's Ultimate Quest for Friendship (and Lessons)!!!, Myx's Bittersweet Musings, Sweetly Sweetened Sweets
Projects: Acquiesce, The Dose Makes The Poison
Deviantart: MintGlow
Soundcloud: MintGlow
itch: MintGlow
Discord: Carmints#6989

Re: Sweetly Sweetened Sweets [NaNo2022][GxG][Yuri][Comedy][Slice-of-Life][Sci-Fi(?)]

#16 Post by MintGlow »

azaraih wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:23 pm
I'm not doing NaNo this year, but hopefully next year! I did a demo game for a previous NaNo, and now I'm trying to get back into games again and maybe complete some of my unfinished projects lol.

Yeah adding interactivity is great, I really like when people add stuff like that! And wow, congrats on finishing your first NaNo! I'll definitely try it out and let you know what I think! :]
Aw, alright! It's just that your previous NaNo demo looks great :D but I can see that it could also be good to finish other projects. It's up to you!
And thank you so much!!! I hope you like it :D
ilyilaice wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:35 am Congrats on releasing your NaNoRenO game! The character art is so colorful and distinct. :) I'll check it out when I get the time!
Thank you, hehe :D I hope you like it!!!
JenneMK wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:45 pm Yay, congrats on finishing your project! :D Once I'm done with my own project I'll check yours out. I'm looking forward to seeing your creation~~~
The backgrounds are pretty, they feel a bit dream-like! And I really like when games have screen interfaces so I find that a cool addition. That was clever to use the NVL mode to make that! ^^
I like your Store Owner character, too. Loving the warm colors in her design. ^^
>< Thank you very much!!! This NaNo was a blast :D I hope you like it! I can't wait to see yours either!! (but it might not be soon since I have to adjust to school ;;)
Ooh, dream-like... I guess that's the color scheme of the entire mall I took pictures in XD
And yep, that phone screen was really difficult to make! But I know I will make good use of it in the future game ;D I'm happy you like the Store Owner's design!
Thank you again :D

justcolorado
Regular
Completed: Experiment Gone Rogue, Caravan Of Saints, HeartBaked, Hipster Axe
Projects: Iragon
Organization: Repulse.com
Github: coloradostark

Re: Sweetly Sweetened Sweets [NaNo2022][GxG][Yuri][Comedy][Slice-of-Life][Sci-Fi(?)]

#17 Post by justcolorado »

Congratulations on the release. Will try it later.

Algro
Projects: Embracing Escape

#18 Post by Algro »

Wow! This was really awesome to look through. You are a one-person army :D

Fabrican
itch: https://fabrican.itc

#19 Post by Fabrican »

This game is much fun hahaha :D the interactions between characters are hilarious! :lol: :lol:

MintGlow
Regular
Completed: Pippy's Ultimate Quest for Friendship (and Lessons)!!!, Myx's Bittersweet Musings, Sweetly Sweetened Sweets

#20 Post by MintGlow »

justcolorado wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:47 am Congratulations on the release. Will try it later.
Yay! Thank you!!! I hope you like it :3
Algro wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:47 pm Wow! This was really awesome to look through. You are a one-person army :D
Thank you very much!! I tried to show as much progress as I could to keep it interesting :D
Fabrican wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:09 am This game is much fun hahaha :D the interactions between characters are hilarious! :lol: :lol:
COMMENTS LIKE THESE ARE WHY I LIVE TO MAKE VNs 😭
Thank you so much for playing and for finding the characters' bickering funny (and ESPECIALLY telling me so XD) I was starting to get a little worried their dialogue didn't make any sense lolol

----

Final Progress Dump:

I always make a post mortem after each of my bigger projects, which is a reflection of what went wrong/what went right (but it's more like me rambling about marketing and bad ratings), so here it is if you're interested :D
https://mintglow.itch.io/sweetly-sweete ... ned-sweets

*takes a grand bow*
Thank you for looking through this whole thing, and I hope to see everyone next NaNo (*⌒▽⌒)ノ

- MintGlow
(... But I still might post here)

JenneMK
Regular
Completed: The Asoralite Crystal, Quest for the Spirit Sphere!, Eislyn's Apocalypse
Deviantart: JenneMK
itch: JenneMK

#21 Post by JenneMK »

Oh, you did an excellent job with this, MintGlow! Everything looks very polished and colorful! The little touches really helped pull it all together, like the different sound effects for each character speaking. Very nicely done! ^^

I also liked the spooky bits, like the title screen turning to Aquiesce. That "where are you going" really caught me off guard, haha. :D I enjoyed the character interactions, and really liked the last scene with Aq and Quo... there's something comforting about sleeping under the stars and it made me wonder more about their day to day lives. ^^ Myx was my favorite character until Quo showed up, and now I'm torn, haha. That exchange on Aq accepting compliments on her drawings from Myx stood out to me. Again, great job! ^^

MintGlow
Regular

#22 Post by MintGlow »

JenneMK wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:02 am Oh, you did an excellent job with this, MintGlow! Everything looks very polished and colorful! The little touches really helped pull it all together, like the different sound effects for each character speaking. Very nicely done! ^^

I also liked the spooky bits, like the title screen turning to Aquiesce. That "where are you going" really caught me off guard, haha. :D I enjoyed the character interactions, and really liked the last scene with Aq and Quo... there's something comforting about sleeping under the stars and it made me wonder more about their day to day lives. ^^ Myx was my favorite character until Quo showed up, and now I'm torn, haha. That exchange on Aq accepting compliments on her drawings from Myx stood out to me. Again, great job! ^^
(First, I want to say congrats on your NaNo game!! :D I have it downloaded already, but like with every single game I want to play desperately, I'm not sure when I'll get to it ;; Maybe in summer when I have no school... I hope that's alright!)

Ahhh thank you thank you!!! :'D I'm really happy you found the spooky bits!! No one else has said anything about those Easter eggs, hehe. And the part with Aq and Quo is calming, isn't it? I love sleeping under the stars ^^ I definitely want to expand more about their lives in the full game, training to be spies while having more relaxing family moments :D

The exchange about compliments between Aq and Myx was actually based on an experience I had in real life where I was in Aq's position x.x It really hit me, so I thought it'd be best to spread the word XD I'm glad it stood out to you.

Again, thank you so much for trying it out and taking the time to give feedback!!! >< <3 I wish you the best of luck with your future VNs, Jenne :D