Scrolling Credits

A place for Ren'Py tutorials and reusable Ren'Py code.
Forum rules
Do not post questions here!

This forum is for example code you want to show other people. Ren'Py questions should be asked in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
JenivereDomino
Regular
Completed: Summer Horrordays
Projects: "Project Cadence" (Placeholder)
Organization: PunderBash Games
Deviantart: JenivereDomino
Github: JenivereSH
itch: punderbashgames
Discord: Jenivere #1227

Re: Scrolling Credits

#31 Post by JenivereDomino »

Hi, I've been trying for a while but I cannot work out how/where to apply an outline to the text in the credits. In the default colour it isn't readable on my backgrounds, so I'm thinking of either redoing the backgrounds for it but I'd rather not have to if there's a simple solution. I've tried reading the docs and what's posted here but I'm not very skilled on the code side, and my usual team-mate who does code has his hands full with re-configuring our main menu and options menu for a while. Help very much appreciated here so I can get it looking smoother and readable.
Things I have tried:
{outlinecolor=#3d0c0f} text {/outlinecolor} (used on every segment of text within the ' marks)
style default: outlines [ (absolute(1), "#3d0c0f", absolute(0), absolute(0)) ]

I know I'm probably missing something obvious but I don't know where to find the solution.

(Edit - if there's a way to have the credits move slower if self-voicing is enabled that would also be a huge help)
Mighty Morphine Vowel Arranger

rayminator
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Scrolling Credits

#32 Post by rayminator »

question?

can this be used during the game for like reading a book?