Event Editor (ver. 2.2)

A place for Ren'Py tutorials and reusable Ren'Py code.
Forum rules
Do not post questions here!

This forum is for example code you want to show other people. Ren'Py questions should be asked in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
jeremi360
Projects: Event Editor
Deviantart: jeremi360
Github: jeremi360

Event Editor (ver. 2.4)

#16 Post by jeremi360 »

New version cameout :D
To download and see last chages go here: https://github.com/jeremi360/Ren-Py-Eve ... r/releases

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

Re: Event Editor (ver. 2.2)

#17 Post by noeinan »

This is super cool! I have been wanting to collaborate with a writer, but it is really tedious to transfer text from a word document into Ren'Py. With this, I should be able to just have them type the lines in by themselves. Thank you so much!

I hope you don't mind, I had a question regarding how this program works. First, When I click "Characters" there is "Char 1", "Char 2", and "Char 3". I assumed that this would allow me to put more than one character on the screen-- however, if I set a character under Char 1, then click Char 2 and pick a different character, it seems to remove my first character. The new character appears right where Char 1 was, and Char 1 disappears. Moving Char 2 using the scroll bar, I can see Char 1 isn't simply hiding underneath Char 2. (Also of note, after I pick Char 2 the position scroller resets, but moving it around doesn't move the Char 2 image.)

Then, I noticed when I switched to the next page, the character that was on screen stayed there. I went to add another character and suddenly there were two on screen! I found that one character was set as Char 1 and one as Char 2. I thought I'd finally figured it out, that all I needed to do was add Char 1 on the first page and add other characters on other pages. However, when I reloaded and tried again it wasn't working like that. Sometimes it will add another character and sometimes it will replace the old one. Overall, I think I've just worked myself in to a confusion trying to find the pattern. Am I doing something wrong?

Second, is there a proper way to save events and projects? So far, I have only found the regular Save screen that would appear in any Ren'Py game. I haven't figured out how to make events show up in the DSE Manager list of events. (I think that's what the DSE Manager is for, at least.)

Thank you for your time!

jeremi360
Projects: Event Editor
Deviantart: jeremi360
Github: jeremi360

#18 Post by jeremi360 »

Dear daikiraikimi,
  1. Event Editor is death :( , because I give all my free time to my new project Ren'GD https://github.com/jeremi360/Ren-GD
  2. Event Editor is death :( , because code is to messy and it very hard to add new features
  3. Is hard to say why you have problems with few charters i don't have this problem when make tests
  4. See build in tutorial. To save events use export option
  5. No DSE Manger is for compatibility with dse
  6. You can test events from main menu after export and restart the game

Clef
Regular

#19 Post by Clef »

Also I should probably point that PyTom is working on something very similar here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43023

He just released it but it seems very interesting and promising.

aliishaq
Completed: Gulungan Pengembara & Puteri
Projects: Sim VN Setia

#20 Post by aliishaq »

Thanks ... I thing its easy to use. I will try it. Thanks alot