All of Cute Demon Crashers! custom code :)

A place for Ren'Py tutorials and reusable Ren'Py code.
Forum rules
Do not post questions here!

This forum is for example code you want to show other people. Ren'Py questions should be asked in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
killdream
Veteran
Projects: EVūL (WIP), insilo (WIP), Cute Demon Crashers!
Deviantart: robotlolita
Github: robotlolita

All of Cute Demon Crashers! custom code :)

#1 Post by killdream »

Hello, hello~

I should have done it a long time ago, but ~things happened~. Ahem, anyway, I wrote a bunch of custom code for Cute Demon Crashers! last year, and we all thought people could benefit from it. The source code was pretty much available already since last year's NaNoRenO, but I never announced it (and apparently people didn't know where to find it?)

Anyway, you'll want to go here for the interesting stuff in the code (the code for the whole game is released, btw): https://github.com/robotlolita/cute-dem ... ame/custom

What's in it?
  • A bunch of utility functions/Ren'Py actions (in functions.rpy and actions.rpy). I'm not sure these are actually interesting to other people, but oh well.
  • A couple of objects for managing complex state in Ren'Py that actually works with the Rollback feature (in store.rpy)
  • The StateMachineDisplayable and ConditionSwitch, which work like the ConditionSwitch thingie BUT support transitions between each state (in graphics.rpy, this is probably the thing that people'd fine most useful I guess?)
  • A PannableDisplayable custom displayable that you can use for something prettier than Viewport when showing big images in a gallery (in graphics.rpy, requires you to provide your own assets for the arrow graphics thingies)
  • A bunch of objects for custom galleries that have, uh, a lot of things in it besides CGs? (we had scene replays, tutorials, character outfits, and a bunch of other stuff). These might serve as reference if you have to write a gallery like that, but I kinda doubt it'd be that useful (in gallery.rpy)
Feel free to study the code, and use any of it if it fits your game. It's all MIT licensed, which means you can use it for commercial or non-commercial games. The licence says you have to keep the copyright notice along with the files, but you're free to credit or not if you use it.

If you have any questions/problems with the code, you can either send me a message on Twitter (https://twitter.com/robotlolita), or email me (queen [at] robotlolita.me), and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. You can try PM'ing me here, but I don't visit the forums often, and GMail seems to not send me all notifications when people PM me? It's weird :x

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

Re: All of Cute Demon Crashers! custom code :)

#2 Post by qirien »

Thanks for sharing! You might want to post about it in the Open License Games thread, too.
Finished games: