On Screen Text Input

A place for Ren'Py tutorials and reusable Ren'Py code.
Forum rules
Do not post questions here!

This forum is for example code you want to show other people. Ren'Py questions should be asked in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
SilverSnow
Regular
Completed: Bus Stop, Before the Tale, White Book Complete Volume, See You, The Raven
Projects: Secrets...
Tumblr: stchematelier
itch: st-chem-atelier
Discord: SHatsuyuki#1452

Re: On Screen Text Input

#16 Post by SilverSnow »

Thank you! I was just looking for something like this! :D

Kinross07

#17 Post by Kinross07 »

Is there a way to auto-click into the box? Just so that a user can start typing straight away? Similarly, if any of you happen to know if it's possible to integrate this sort of system with an on screen alphabet that would also be amazing. Thanks in advance.

Karl_C
Veteran

#18 Post by Karl_C »

@all: Any idea or hint how to use this together with an Android keyboard?

When the Android keyboard pop up, it will cover half of the display (and it will cover the input screen too, if placed in the lower half).

Is there a way to place the input window at the bottom and then shift it to the upper area of the display when the player clicks into the input field? I guess there's an easy solution for this I didn't found yet... ;)

Kinross07

#19 Post by Kinross07 »

Okay, I've super cheesed it to make it so that it just always assumes it's clicked, which leaves me with the question of "Is there any way to confirm input with a press of the return key, rather than having to hit the checkbox?"