Ace Attorney style Court Record

A place for Ren'Py tutorials and reusable Ren'Py code.
Forum rules
Do not post questions here!

This forum is for example code you want to show other people. Ren'Py questions should be asked in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Overlord of Flies
Github: overlordofflies

Ace Attorney style Court Record

#1 Post by Overlord of Flies »

I'm a long-time fan of the Ace Attorney games, and I wanted to try my hand at creating something similar in Ren'py. One thing I've always really liked about the games is the ability to present evidence to characters and get their opinions on it, and I haven't seen any examples of that exact function, so I decided to write my own.

It's a little rough around the edges (the UI in particular could use some work...), but I'm pretty happy with the progress I've made so far. I'm still learning to code as well, so I'd be glad for any feedback that people may have. I'd like to keep working on this so I can eventually use it to make a game of my own.

You can get it here: https://github.com/overlordofflies/court_record

Smaymay
Regular
Completed: Vicboys demo
Tumblr: esmmeh
Deviantart: Smaymay

Re: Ace Attorney style Court Record

#2 Post by Smaymay »

Very informative. It works like a charm! The structure you provided here could be very useful for dating sims with inventory systems too. Looking forward to future developments. ^^

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: Ace Attorney style Court Record

#3 Post by parttimestorier »

This looks really cool! Thanks for sharing it. I'd love to make some kind of detective game sometime and this seems like it would be a big help with getting that set up.
ImageImageImage