A place for Ren'Py tutorials and reusable Ren'Py code.
Do not post questions here!
This forum is for example code you want to show other people. Ren'Py questions should be asked in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:09 am
- Projects: The Waters Above, Heart of the Woods
- Organization: Studio Élan
- Tumblr: minutekiwi
Ren'Edit is a simple tool designed for beta testers, proofreaders, editors, and developers.
It uses Ren'Py's screen system to add an overlay for beta testers and editors to use while playing your game.
This plugin can be used in virtually any Ren'Py game. It enables a GUI overlay to quickly mark areas for typos, grammatical errors, bugs, etc! Ren'Edit generates a text file with information for the developer to quickly locate and fix issues.
- Easily modifiable & Open-source (MIT License)
- Out-Of-The-Box functionality
- Commented Code
Files within the zip:
- README with Installation Instructions & License
- EditingLog.txt , the text file that will be modified by Ren'Edit. Developers can add their own message to the top of this file for all beta testers to see!
- renedit.rpy , the base code with additional installation instructions and example code for developers.
- renedit_screens.rpy , for modifying the appearance of Ren'Edit.
- renedit_options.rpy , for archival/distribution instructions for developers.
- All the images for the GUI overlay.
You can download it here for the latest version!
Version 1.0 is attached to this post.
- (18.47 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
- (2.03 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 718
- Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:21 pm
Very nice and usefull.
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll be not notified about.
10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:57 am
- itch: badanni
- Location: Quito, Ecuador
very interesting and useful, I'm going to try it
Users browsing this forum: No registered users