Simple Chapter Per Character Selection Screen.

A place for Ren'Py tutorials and reusable Ren'Py code.
Forum rules
Do not post questions here!

This forum is for example code you want to show other people. Ren'Py questions should be asked in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
HypersDev
Projects: DutyCalls
itch: ItsHypers

Simple Chapter Per Character Selection Screen.

#1 Post by HypersDev »

Hello!

This is a very simple looking character selection screen. This is some basic code you could either use whenever, or change the format of to use in a themed menu.

Features:
It allows up to around 8 characters without it looking weird, and allows up to 300 chapters per character (I hope noone will ever need this.)
Simple Per Character Chapter selection (with unlockable chapters)
Paginated Chapters, With customizable grid sizes (with a bit of style changes)
image_2021-08-04_205216.png
image_2021-08-04_205237.png
image_2021-08-04_205257.png
It can also support up to 8 character images instead of text (as the buttons) if you mess around with the Navigation screen as shown here
image_2021-08-04_211238.png

The code itself is fairly simple, mostly copy-paste. but All you do is define your images, copy code in and it's ready for lift-off :)
it uses labels to select characters, and global variables to track character progress.

If you need help with any of this, please feel free to contact me on discord: ItsHypers#0567
Although, please be at-least knowledgeable of basic Renpy stuff, as I do not feel like teaching someone the whole of renpy... no offense!
Attachments
SimpleChapterSelection.rar
Simple Character Selection
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 108 times