Translation tools

A place for Ren'Py tutorials and reusable Ren'Py code.
Forum rules
Do not post questions here!

This forum is for example code you want to show other people. Ren'Py questions should be asked in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Gouvernathor
Github: Gouvernathor
Discord: Armise#6515

Translation tools

#1 Post by Gouvernathor »

This is a set of tools to improve and manage renpy translation files.

The first tool reorders the translations in a file, to put the obsolete ones at the bottom so they can be checked and eventually removed, which helps when you give them to a translator.

The second adds more commented-out translations than just the original line, for files that haven't been given to a translator yet. This is useful if the translator doesn't speak the original language of the game very well, but speaks more fluently in another language in which the game has already been translated.

The code is there : https://github.com/Gouvernathor/renpy-TranslationTools
The README contains explanations about what the tools do and how to use them.
Feel free to ask any question about how it works, and leave an issue on github it you find a bug !
Last edited by Gouvernathor on Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

tainapsilva

Re: Translation tools

#2 Post by tainapsilva »

Wow this is amazing i like do translation and one thing that happend to much is archiver out of order. Thanks i ll try it.

TioNick

#3 Post by TioNick »

I couldn't make the translation merge tool work, and the other tool I didn't even try, it seems that it keeps waiting for parameters, which I don't know, because every one I pass gives a syntax error next to the unexpected token

Gouvernathor
Github: Gouvernathor
Discord: Armise#6515

#4 Post by Gouvernathor »

Answered on github, the console which needs to be used is the game's one, and not the OS one.