█████▓▒░ UNCLE MUGEN'S FREE VN (OELVN) RESOURCES ░▒▓█████

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: Uncle Mugen's FREE resources

#136 Post by mugenjohncel »

Akitsuki wrote:Uncle Mugen! Do you happen to have a shop background? As I mean, inside the shop which filled with stuff? It would be really good if it's stuffed with baking ingredients for sale thou, but as long as it's a kind of chocolate/sweets shop it's also fine. Do you? Do you? *A*
store_ransacked_and_flooded.jpg
The way it is right now... I really don't have any clue what to place in the shelves and I needed more precise description so I'm stuck... so for the meantime I decided to have a little fun... by flooding the scene and making it look like it was looted...

No idea if anyone will use this but what the heck... it's a quick render so not that good... :mrgreen:

I'll be waiting for your reply so we can resume this... :mrgreen:
Itwasneveradream wrote: Hello Tito Mugen.

I was wondering, do you have any cafe bgs?

I'm really sorry to bother you if you're busy.

*bows*
Kirroha wrote:Oooh I needed something like that too, except a rather worn down one with only two tables and one very miserable counter P:
That can be arranged... you'll have those BG's
Pyonkotchi wrote:i feel bad about asking but since others are i guess there is no harm
mugen you wouldnt happen to be able to do a mansion BG would you?
Chances are, your request will be the first one to be processed because it was simple enough... OK, you'll get your BG's
Kirroha wrote:Hmm I think you managed to capture it perfectly in the previous background so there's no need for a sketch. I just need the side building removed (and the name relocated to somewhere less conspicuous). Thanks a bunch!
OK copy that...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Itwasneveradream
Veteran
Projects: Color Me Cliche (semi-hiatus) | Rose Colored Days | College Jam | One secret Project

#137 Post by Itwasneveradream »

THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU UNCLE MUGEN! (IN A COMPLETELY PLATONIC WAY)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#138 Post by mugenjohncel »

Pyonkotchi wrote:i feel bad about asking but since others are i guess there is no harm
mugen you wouldn't happen to be able to do a mansion BG would you?
INCOMING BG'S!!!

Day Version
And again! Abusing the same sky and the same trees...
And again! Abusing the same sky and the same trees...
Afternoon Version
the_jp_mansion_afternoon.jpg
Night Version
This one may be cheap but it's not quick for this one took an astounding 2 hours to render... something tells me I did something wrong but what the heck...
This one may be cheap but it's not quick for this one took an astounding 2 hours to render... something tells me I did something wrong but what the heck...
Something tells me my quick and cheap background technique at this point is good enough to warrant a tutorial... maybe later... let me drop dead for a while :mrgreen:

Edit:
Seriously, even I was surprised by how delicious these BG's turned out... I guess adding trees and plants to the scene really does make it pleasant looking :mrgreen:

Edit 2:
My only regret is not being able to place a Billboard somewhere in there because it would be awkward... See Edit 3

Edit 3:
I'm a genius :mrgreen:
Now with 100% awesome billboard!!!
Now with 100% awesome billboard!!!
"POOF" (Disappears)

Arelune
Regular

Re: Uncle Mugen's Shrine

#139 Post by Arelune »

This thread needs to be renamed : 'Shrine of Uncle Mugen'. Everyone is already worshipping you here. :)

But I don't blame them. Let the backgrounds flow! :mrgreen:

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#140 Post by Pyonkotchi »

ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
i am very arigatoful uncle mugen

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#141 Post by Akitsuki »

mugenjohncel wrote:
Akitsuki wrote:Uncle Mugen! Do you happen to have a shop background? As I mean, inside the shop which filled with stuff? It would be really good if it's stuffed with baking ingredients for sale thou, but as long as it's a kind of chocolate/sweets shop it's also fine. Do you? Do you? *A*
Nope... but we could make one... from scratch... :mrgreen:

And don't worry about copyright and copyleft... because everything you see here is made from scratch by yours truly but I need more info. Is this going to be a bakery supply shop? because if it is then it would certainly resemble a hardware store. If it is one of those shops that sells baked good and sweets then umm...

Also, I'm gonna try something different this time and will require other people's participation. Basically, this is going to have a lot of products in there with lot's of brand name and product graphics. Long story short, I will have to humbly request you help me with the product textures so I can concentrate on modeling, detailing and rendering. I'll give you the requirement images once I have a good idea what we'll need...

Also, if you leave most of the texture branding to me chances are I'll plaster my name and my face all over the store. I'm trying to resist the temptation but there is so much room for UNCLE MUGEN to plaster his face in there and nothing gives me more pleasure than self inserting myself in any way I can :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)
Oh, yes, it actually sells the baking ingredients! Sorry I made it mixed up ^^" A hardware store is also okay! But I prefer that the sacks of flours and bars of chocolate are shown more :D The shelves are perfectly like I imagined! You're amazing as usual, Uncle Mugen! Sorry that you have to make it from scratch ^^" Please tell me if you need something.

Texture branding? Okay, I'll try to give as many examples as I can. I only need to tell the brand names, right? I'll start searching from now on. Thanks a bunch, Uncle Mugen! You're fabulous! xD

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#142 Post by mugenjohncel »

Whao! 64 backgrounds for OELVN and counting...
YES TO UNCLE MUGEN!!!

Anyway! I added the recent backgrounds in the neatly arranged first post where everything is conveniently placed...
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 52&t=17302

I'll also add in the list a few more resources and the texture pack (now ported to sketchup) that I did quite a while back...

Now if only I could find myself a team to work with instead of me doing everything like I always do ;_;

I'll resume rendering backgrounds tomorrow... I've been on a roll lately that I forgot I have a bunch of paperworks to attend to... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#143 Post by mugenjohncel »

OK Let's push that free BG's count with two more slightly outdated BG's that are sitting in my computer doing nothing...

See all the FREE BG's in one spot...CLICK HERE NOW!... It's safe :)
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 71#p226871
Although the filename says beach... this is actually a Marina...
Although the filename says beach... this is actually a Marina...
Starting with this rather large BG of a Marina... this one is slightly outdated in terms of technique used but still looks somewhat good and the odd size means you now have liberty and freedom to scroll and pan... It's an old outdated BG so I cannot do anything about the UNCLE MUGEN stuff in there... feel free to modify this to suit your needs...
Yes!... UNCLE MUGEN is somewhere in that room... can you find him?
Yes!... UNCLE MUGEN is somewhere in that room... can you find him?
Another BG we have here is some messy and disorganized room... same thing as above... it uses an older renderer and technique so not as good now but still usable... :mrgreen:
Ugh...
Ugh...
No comment on this one...

Anyway, same terms as previous resources, commercial use and modification A-OK...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Tempus
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Ladykiller in a Bind
Projects: StoryDevs
Tumblr: jakebowkett
Deviantart: jakebowkett
Github: jakebowkett

#144 Post by Tempus »

That's neat how the laptop in the messy room BG has a SketchUp scene on it involving the same laptop :D

Nice work you do here.
StoryDevs — easy-to-search profiles for VN devs (under construction!)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#145 Post by mugenjohncel »

Some news... Long story short...

We got a hold of something really powerful that will increase our processing power by about 30 fold. While it was meant to process and computer simulate flooding for a dike diversion project we are working on... this machine which I'll temporarily call "THE OVERLORD" will be staying with us for a week and there is nothing stopping me from taking advantage of it's processing power. Yes, I have ulterior motives on insisting on renting this machine instead of using an online rendering / processing service :mrgreen:

Right now I'm currently masochistically rendering 14000 x 12000 - 72dpi 3D daylight scene and I'm so gonna abuse this thing and I don't even care about the electric bill anymore... :mrgreen:

To people with requests please hang on... you'll get your BG's once I'm done playing with our new toy :mrgreen:

In other news... Thanks to a video uploaded by "Deekay" on youtube... I think I finally nailed what makes a Japanese Visual Novel BG look good...
What do you say?... You may place your comments, suggestion and complaints below so I can see them and use them to improve the quality of UNCLE MUGEN's free BG's... I will be waiting warmly...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Itwasneveradream
Veteran
Projects: Color Me Cliche (semi-hiatus) | Rose Colored Days | College Jam | One secret Project

#146 Post by Itwasneveradream »

Have fun with your new toy, Uncle.

DeeKay
Veteran

#147 Post by DeeKay »

I didn't know one of my videos could be inspiring, haha.
Thanks for the heads up and keep up the good work Mugen ! :wink:
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

Ruby-chan

#148 Post by Ruby-chan »

Anak ng-! Tito Mugen is a Filipino! ;-; I didn't expect it!!
*ahem*

Tito Mugen... I have no one to turn to since I'm looking for BGs. Can I make a teeny-weeny request?
Do you have any park BG that has the public restroom? Not those Port-a-Potty devices. Something similar to this. And, if possible, add a line of people? If that is possible, please do.

Maraming salamat, Tito! (Thank you very much, Uncle!)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#149 Post by mugenjohncel »

Ruby-chan wrote:Tito Mugen... I have no one to turn to since I'm looking for BGs. Can I make a teeny-weeny request?
Do you have any park BG that has the public restroom? Not those Port-a-Potty devices. Something similar to this. And, if possible, add a line of people? If that is possible, please do.

Maraming salamat, Tito! (Thank you very much, Uncle!)
Please excuse the name... I just can't resist...
Please excuse the name... I just can't resist...
Ah Public Toilets... all we need is some handsome men whispering... Yaranaika?

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure and trace the steps I made to achieve this look... I was having fun that I actually lost track of time and everything else... :mrgreen:

Anyway, here you go...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Ruby-chan

#150 Post by Ruby-chan »

AAAAAAAAH! That's perfect, Tito! Thank you very much! :)