█████▓▒░ UNCLE MUGEN'S FREE VN (OELVN) RESOURCES ░▒▓█████

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: █████▓▒░ UNCLE MUGEN'S FREE VN (OELVN) RESOURCES ░▒▓████

#301 Post by mugenjohncel »

Totally inspired by "If My Heart Had Wings Demo" and environmentally clean but avian mass murdering "Wind Turbines"... and "GTA-V"

I now present to you... "Seaside Marina"
marina_ohio.jpg
You know, those seaside places where most people jog and bike during the mornings...
marina_noon.jpg
My excuse for today?... I'm testing a plugin...
marina_sunset.jpg
It is also those places where lovers and people who are contemplating suicide or simply depressed tend to congregate for no apparent reason.
marina_fog.jpg
Suddenly!... Volumetric fog out of nowhere...

Same terms as previous resources. Modifications OK and highly encouraged. Use for whatever purpose it may serve you best... even OK for commercial use...

"POOF" (Disappears)

DoubleEdge
Completed: My Life as a Maiden, Artificial Mansion, The Queen of Blackwood High, Within a Rose, Dimension of Monster Girls
Organization: RhinoGearz

#302 Post by DoubleEdge »

Man, those look so good! You really did a great job making them.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#303 Post by Akitsuki »

Amazing backgrounds as usual, Uncle Mugen!!
Anyhow, I wonder if you have any backgrounds for stores, like supermarket maybe? I'd be really thankful if you show us one!
Thank you!!

Teejay

#304 Post by Teejay »

I'll be using them for a game my friends and I discussed to make on a whim, until we can get an actual artist.
In any case, many thanks for these resources!

(By the way, before anyone asks, I doubt we can actually make a release. It's probably going to end up like a personal project, something to make us feel good a bit.)

Sanae
Regular

#305 Post by Sanae »

Just out of curiousity, do you ever think you might make some BGs for more fantasy-ish games in the near future? I'm in love with your backgrounds, but I can't sadly use 90% of them because they don't fit my setting. ;;

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#306 Post by Duskylli »

Thanks Uncle Mugen! Some of these BG's (the messy room in particular) are exactly what I was looking for!!! :D

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#307 Post by mugenjohncel »

pasteur_day.jpg
pasteur_afternoon.jpg
pasteur_night.jpg
Edit:
This is more of a test render so I really do not have much use for this so I'm releasing this here for the general public.
test_render_chinese_village.jpg
"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#308 Post by mugenjohncel »

OK I have no excuse here... it's pretty obvious that I got lazy halfway through the texturing process so let's just pretend this is a newly opened Commercial Center with only two tenants... :mrgreen:
commercial building.jpg
Same terms as previous resources... use them for whatever purpose it may serve best. Modification OK and is highly encouraged... even OK for commercial use...

Edit:
Now that I look at it again... I just realized how stupid of me to go through great lengths to model that stairs and railing in great detail only to be not visible in the final render since it's on the other side of the Building :oops:

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#309 Post by mugenjohncel »

Uncle Mugen posts another Free BG and jeepers!... What a beautiful BG Uncle Mugen has today...

It's just a typical street BG (again) since this is my favorite type of scene to test newly discovered render and post processing techniques and perfect / practice current ones I know...
street_background_house_front.jpg
If you want to get the house model featured in the BG, you can download it here (and other Uncle Mugen House and Building models) at 3D warehouse...
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... 7c77f237c5

Same terms as previous resources... use them for whatever purpose it may serve best. Modification OK and is highly encouraged... even OK for commercial use...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#310 Post by Sharm »

I love what this new render style does to the canopy of the trees, especially the left one. Once again a fantastic background, I am greatly envious of your mad render skills. Each time I think "man, he's really got it down" and then you come back with a new one that you've somehow managed to make even better!
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#311 Post by mugenjohncel »

Sharm wrote:I love what this new render style
And the best thing about all of the BG's posted here is that most of them can be made in under an hour (sans rendering time which can take from 1 hour to 8 hours)... made possible by recycling and reusing the very same assets I used on previous BG's... While most BG's I create pale in comparison to some of the more well known BG artist that also uses 3D and Sketchup... mine's cheaper and faster to make and can be partially automated (via Ruby Scripts) :mrgreen:

Fun fact No.1:
See the electrical meter in the latest Sketchup model I posted... every single house, building I made uses it... zoom in close enough and you will see something lulzy...
http://i.imgur.com/D7VVXRz.jpg

Fun fact No. 2:
The intricate fence and railing in the latest model are made in under... 5 seconds... using Instant Fence and Railing script... you can get it here...
http://www.valiarchitects.com/subscript ... nd-railing

I also use homebrew and Frankenstein ruby scripts but I'm going to keep it to myself for now :mrgreen:

Fun fact No. 3:
Forget quality... I love efficiency and my long term goal is to create a system where I can output BG's like a factory so... for most of my renders, I'm using (and recycling) the very same sky-dome for my atmospheric needs :mrgreen:

Look at these BG's and I want you to focus on the top left part of the screen especially the clouds :mrgreen:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/downlo ... &mode=view

"POOF" (Disappears)

Rosstin2
Veteran
Completed: King's Ascent, Kitty Love
Projects: Queen At Arms, Rex Rocket
Organization: Aqualuft Games

#312 Post by Rosstin2 »

Your thread here is truly excellent, Uncle Mugen! Thanks for all your help!

On Twitter we were talking about buttons. Do you have any thoughts on looks for story-decision buttons? The ones that say things like "Turn away from sempai" "Kiss sempai" "Slap sempai" etcetera? (Or, in the context of Queen At Arms, things like "Hit wolf with branch", "Run from wolves", "Call for help", etcetera)

Dragonstar89
Regular
Projects: TBA
Organization: Self
IRC Nick: dstar89
Deviantart: senpai-jake

#313 Post by Dragonstar89 »

Would it be possible to do a cafe like background? With all times of day included? I've been looking all over for one but I can't manage to find anything good ;A;
Beginning pre-production work on a project in Renpy. After being away for 5 years, it's time to get back in the game 8)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#314 Post by mugenjohncel »

Dragonstar89 wrote:Would it be possible to do a cafe like background? With all times of day included? I've been looking all over for one but I can't manage to find anything good ;A;
The Naughty Genie in the Lamp has been Rubbed! Here's your Free BG's :mrgreen:

Note: The menu board is intentionally left blank so you can write whatever you wanted in there... also, I know very well that I most likely will put weird things in there so there you go...
uncle_mugen_cafe_day.jpg
uncle_mugen_cafe_evening.jpg
uncle_mugen_cafe_night.jpg
As if I'm gonna pass the chance to mess with things :)
As if I'm gonna pass the chance to mess with things :)
"POOF" (Disappears)

Edit:
Ah!... I messed the contrast settings...

Anyway, here's a better render of the day version...
uncle_mugen_cafe_day_ver2.jpg
"POOF" (Disappears)

Iwako

#315 Post by Iwako »

Wow. These backgrounds are absolutely gorgeous. Thank you!

Quick question. I was watching your tutorial video from the link in your signature. It's very helpful, btw, but I think you said in the thread that it's only applicable for outdoor shots and you'll do an indoors tutorial later? Did I miss a link to the indoors BG tutorial because I couldn't seem to find it? D: