█████▓▒░ UNCLE MUGEN'S FREE VN (OELVN) RESOURCES ░▒▓█████

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

Re: Uncle Mugen's FREE resources

#31 Post by fioricca »

This is quite possibly my favourite thread in the Creative Commons board. *_* The renders are beautiful and the models are amazing! They must have taken a lot of time!

Thank you so much for these resources!

Cyrus
Regular
Projects: Gumshoe

#32 Post by Cyrus »

Uncle, your 3D models of the school are beyond excellent. Thank you for the share. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#33 Post by mugenjohncel »

INCOMING DELICIOUS BG'S!!!

Messed with a few new preset settings (I "borrowed" from... somewhere) to see what they will look like. Using the same school model you can download HERE combined with one of my many cheap but wonderful technique I detailed HERE, we produced several BG's of varying beauty and not so beautiness and I post two of the best and toss the numerous horrendous ones in Recycle bin... Yes, not quite the hand drawn like you see in Japanese VN's and OELVN's but at least you get instant original BG's in short time... nice!

Same terms as previous experiments tossed here... use it for whatever purpose it may serve you best... just don't forget to say hi to me when you use it...... come get them... :mrgreen:

ENJOY

Oh by the way, here is FREE renderer for sketchup so using the models I posted here or any model from Sketchup 3D warehouse... you too can have beautiful BG's for your OELVN minus too much effort... get it here... http://www.brighter3d.com

It doesn't support Windows XP :(

"POOF" (Disappears)
Attachments
uncle mugen school building rooftop day.jpg
uncle mugen school building rooftop dusk.jpg

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#34 Post by mugenjohncel »

MORE INCOMING DELICIOUS BG'S!!!

This time it is School corridors... again using the same school model you can download HERE combined with one of my many cheap but wonderful technique I detailed HERE. What you see here is not actually an experiment but one of those "WHOOPS!" moments when you realized you applied plastic material to the floor giving it a slightly gooey appearance and I accidentally turned lineart on. I kinda tried saving the render using post process via Adobe Photoshop 7... it's not that looking bad but it is not what I'm after. It would be a waste if we disposed of it so I'm putting it here so someone who might need one can use these... Same terms as previous BG's... also, say hi to me if you plan on using them... Uncle Mugen gets lonely sometimes you know... :mrgreen:

Just a reminder... here is FREE renderer for sketchup so using the models I posted here or any model from Sketchup 3D warehouse... you too can have beautiful BG's for your OELVN minus too much effort... get it here... http://www.brighter3d.com

It doesn't support Windows XP :(

"POOF" (Disappears)
Attachments
uncle mugen school corridor morning.jpg
uncle mugen school corridor afternoon.jpg

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#35 Post by TsukiShima »

Oh man, these are indeed delicious! The BGs are getting more and more shinier and higher quality! I like!

May I ask for permission to change the setting of school building rooftop, into a starry night setting? I was planning to use some of your BGs for my game, and it would fit if the setting was, of course, night.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#36 Post by mugenjohncel »

HanaMori wrote:May I ask for permission to change the setting of school building rooftop, into a starry night setting? I was planning to use some of your BGs for my game, and it would fit if the setting was, of course, night.
I has better idea... I'll give you the unfiltered transparent PNG's so you can have maximum flexibility to add any BG's you want may it be day or nights... It's delicious idea right? :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

And while I'm at it... I'm currently rendering the Classrooms so hang on... I'm on Render Farm so it won't be long now... any moment now...
Attachments
school roof png day.png
school roof png night.png

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#37 Post by TsukiShima »

*gasp* VERY DELICIOUS!

Thank you so much Uncle Mugen! And you even prepared for the night setting. I shall take this advantage as much as I can.
Now excuse me while I enjoy my meal.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#38 Post by mugenjohncel »

OK LET'S GO ROLLING!

This time it is School Classroom 01 (Because there are several classrooms in this building and they have several differences)... again using the same school model you can download HERE

Something tells me this render is dangerously close to looking real life instead of hand drawn but what the heck... CHEAP and EASY to make BG's... YES!

Same terms as previous BG's... also, say hi to me UNCLE MUGEN if you plan on using them... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)
Attachments
uncle mugen school classroom 01.jpg

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#39 Post by Sharm »

The floor is a little shiny, but everything else is just right! I hope you make a new tutorial soon with all the render setting information.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations
Discord: xavimat

#40 Post by xavimat »

Hi, Uncle Mugen! Thanks a lot for these BGs! We appreciate them very much.

I want to add a comment about the different hours of the day (please, don't call me punctilious :P )
The sharp shadow on school's roof and the sunlight in interiors should be different, depending on the position of the sun. It's odd to see the same shadow of the railing, for example, in the morning and the afternoon.
Maybe this is too much, and the players don't look at it. What do you think?
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#41 Post by mugenjohncel »

Sharm wrote:The floor is a little shiny, but everything else is just right! I hope you make a new tutorial soon with all the render setting information.
Ah... now that I realized it... it seems I once again applied the plastic material to the floor... my bad :mrgreen:

But you know :wink: ... this is technically Uncle Mugen's failed experiments dumping thread disguised as a FREE resources thread so don't expect my best ones to show up here because... I'm keeping them for myself :mrgreen: (Hides)
xavimat wrote:What do you think?
Hmm... give me few moments... I'll rectify this... :mrgreen:

OK here is new version with changing sun angle depending on time of day... :mrgreen:

Same terms as previous...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Attachments
uncle mugen rooftop morning.jpg
uncle mugen rooftop noon.jpg
uncle mugen rooftop afternoon.jpg
uncle mugen rooftop night.jpg

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#42 Post by mugenjohncel »

Posting a reply to get everyone's attention to the changes above this post :mrgreen:

Now let's see what part of school we still need to render... we already have the model so it's as simple as placing the camera, render and post process a bit... any suggestions or request?... No wait! I'm getting 2 more machines first to increase render farm capacity to 6 machines...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Dim
Regular
Projects: Shelter of Fire
Organization: Coconut Life

#43 Post by Dim »

Uncle, you're awesome. These backgrounds are extremely valuable for us who don't have a clue about drawing. Still, i watched your video tutorial on youtube out of curiosity. So THAT'S how you make these babes! Anyway, your work is much appreciated. Gratitude for your help *impossibly deep bow for my physique*

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations
Discord: xavimat

#44 Post by xavimat »

mugenjohncel wrote:OK here is new version with changing sun angle depending on time of day... :mrgreen:
Thanks! They are awesome. I like the city lights at night.
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#45 Post by mugenjohncel »

YAHOO!!!.... Uncle Mugen is BACK once again for another Failed BG Dump Free Delicious BG Resource!!!

Here we have a nice hand drawn field of grass... it's so nice you can see forever!... I also leave the horizon transparent so you can put your own sky. Same terms as previous resources...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Attachments
field_of_green_grass.png