[CC BY 3.0] Themed Visual Resources

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

[CC BY 3.0] Themed Visual Resources

#1 Post by fioricca »

Set 01: Dragon Dim Sum

At a corner in Chinatown exists a small but popular dim sum restaurant. A family business, it functions just like any other yumcha restaurant, except for one thing... all of its staff members are martial artists!

Wang Long: The eldest son of the Wang family. His weapon of choice is the staff.

Wang Lian: Long's cheerful younger sister. Her weapon of choice is the tasseled sword.

IN THIS PACK
1 x restaurant background
3 poses for Long, with a total of 14 expressions
3 poses for Lian, with a total of 13 expressions
EDIT: .psd files for both characters

All images are prepared for 1920 x 1080 resolution.

TERMS OF USE
This resource is licensed under the CC BY 3.0 license, so you can use them for both free and commercial work, if you want, at no charge at all. No permission required, but please credit storybeam if you use them.

download

This took me long enough, but I finally finished it! Ever since Dolls, I realised that I'm not very good at all in the visuals department, so I wanted to make some sprites and backgrounds for practice. I had originally wanted this set to consist of two backgrounds (with the kicthen) and two additional characters -- the mum, Wang Yu, and the dad, Wang Hu -- and for the characters to have only one sprite each, but KomiTsuku told me that he prefers having multiple poses as it makes your game that much more dynamic. I did so and had to split this set into two parts. |'D Hopefully, I'll be able to get the next set up soon.

I know I'm still not very good at this, so any and all crit/help is highly appreciated! I also experimented with a new look this time -- a closer crop, to make the scene look more natural. What do you think?

Sorry for the mediafire link, I really should get a site of my own already ;_; I got a vnovel and Leon's been amazing in helping me set it up. Thank you, Leon!
Last edited by fioricca on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

Re: [CC BY 3.0] Themed Visual Resources

#2 Post by DragoonHP »

This is a great set; thanks for sharing. :-)

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#3 Post by Anna »

You are amazing :D~ Please get a website soon so I can promote you everywhere ohoho~

Also, I think the sprites look fine like this. They also really are far more detailed than dolls' sprites and oh my gosh the background :'D. Poses, great art, background, expressions, free for personal and commercial use... if anyone complains, I'm going to brawl with them *ready to fight*.

fioricca
Veteran

#4 Post by fioricca »

DragoonHP wrote:This is a great set; thanks for sharing. :-)
Thanks, DragoonHP, I'm glad you like it! :'D
Anna wrote:You are amazing :D~ Please get a website soon so I can promote you everywhere ohoho~

Also, I think the sprites look fine like this. They also really are far more detailed than dolls' sprites and oh my gosh the background :'D. Poses, great art, background, expressions, free for personal and commercial use... if anyone complains, I'm going to brawl with them *ready to fight*.
sdjfgsfgdsh ahhh ;__; oh man hearing that from you makes my little heart weep with joy. Thanks so much!

ALSO WAIT I just realised that the notes on the readme file is incorrect! I've updated the file to reflect the correct order in which the layers should be displayed. There was also a little thing with the china boy's hair in his third pose that I had to fix. CheeryMoya also mentioned that not everyone might like to use im.Composite or Live Composite to show their characters, so I've added .psds. She also mentioned that the colour of Long's hair is a bit too stark, but I think it's better for me to leave it up to users to tweak it to their liking...? So I left that part unchanged.

Anyway, that's quite a lot of changes that I made, so I've re-upped a newer version of the file. Sorry for the trouble!

Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck
Projects: Embers of Magic, Pale Spectrum, Perceptions of the Dead
Organization: Ithaqua Labs
Tumblr: geckosart
Deviantart: sitaart

#5 Post by Geckos »

Lovely outfit design and color usage. It is also fun seeing characters with multiple poses.
Nice work!
Image ImageImage

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations
Discord: xavimat

#6 Post by xavimat »

Thanks a lot for sharing your work!
The multiple poses is a great plus.
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#7 Post by RunicV »

Wow, this looks really amazing, thanks so much for sharing, floricca! I'm sure someone will find some great way to put them to use, the art is just too gorgeous to be passed up. I love the amount of details you put into the clothes, the shading is just beautiful. Just a suggestion, maybe you could add some highlights on the hair? The male's hair looks a little dull compared to the beautiful clothes. Seriously the clothes are amazing adsfkhasgkl *grabby hands*

(I have to agree with the rest, you really need to get a site so we can all advertise your art, you're just brilliant! *A*)
Thanks so much for making and sharing this!
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

fioricca
Veteran

#8 Post by fioricca »

Geckos wrote:Lovely outfit design and color usage. It is also fun seeing characters with multiple poses.
Nice work!
Eeep hello there you are one of the artists that inspired me when it comes to colours so I'm very flattered to hear this from you! Thank you so much!
xavimat wrote:Thanks a lot for sharing your work!
The multiple poses is a great plus.
So Komi was right! :D Thanks for the feedback; it's good to hear that someone likes the multiple poses.
RunicV wrote:Wow, this looks really amazing, thanks so much for sharing, floricca! I'm sure someone will find some great way to put them to use, the art is just too gorgeous to be passed up. I love the amount of details you put into the clothes, the shading is just beautiful. Just a suggestion, maybe you could add some highlights on the hair? The male's hair looks a little dull compared to the beautiful clothes. Seriously the clothes are amazing adsfkhasgkl *grabby hands*

(I have to agree with the rest, you really need to get a site so we can all advertise your art, you're just brilliant! *A*)
Thanks so much for making and sharing this!
Youuuu are such a sweet little thing, so wonderfully great at making people smile

Thanks for the comment on the hair! I do agree that the boy's hair is a little awkward. I'm going to go see what I can do about it, and maybe release the updated version along with the next set if possible. Again, thanks for the comment! /cries and gets to working on a website design sob

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#9 Post by Blane Doyle »

That is a large set of expressions you're offering up! I love it! I like how the color pallet looks for this set, it looks absolutely lovely and makes me think of the time between summer and autumn for some reason.

I definitely want to see if I can try using these for a small project.

silverstez
Regular

#10 Post by silverstez »

This is really cool :)

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#11 Post by Ran08 »

Woah, these are so amazing! :O Just look at those poses and expressions! And ohh, the details! :") Love love love~ I hope I can use them someday. Kyaaaa~ <3

lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

#12 Post by lemonscent »

These are so amazing I don't even Q___Q
Can't say I'll use these, since I don't really write about martial arts, but still, these sprites & bgs are A++.
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

Akuni
Regular

#13 Post by Akuni »

You should make a tutorial of how to draw sprites :c I love your aspect ratio, I wish I understood it more :c

DeletedUser160413

#14 Post by DeletedUser160413 »

OMG this is beautiful. But the download link doesnt work for me! :(

bahahaha it worked! its fantastic! :D great job!!

Chiagirl
Regular
Completed: Ellen and the Pumpkin
Projects: The Crossing
itch: Chiagirl

#15 Post by Chiagirl »

The download link is broken.