Textbox sets (CC BY 3.0) Current Count: 3

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

Textbox sets (CC BY 3.0) Current Count: 3

#1 Post by CheeryMoya »

All of these textboxes are licensed under a Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) license. This means you may:
  • Use in your own game
  • Modify for your own use
  • Use in both Non-Commercial and Commercial games (if you want to sell a game using these, anyway)
All that as long as you attribute/give credit to me (Something like "Textbox by CheeryMoya" will do). Always include a link to my website (http://twinturtlegames.com/) wherever you post your game and mention it in the credits.

Current Textbox Count: 3
Downloads here

Starry
My first textbox design, someone might find it useful >_> Comes in blue and yellow, has quickmenu buttons, namebox, NVL mode, click-to-continue icon, and is made for 1280x720 resolution. Zip package includes test game with textbox coded in.

Bubbles
I made this for Lluvia de Peces! but it's now available for you guys to use too. Only includes textbox and namebox.

Frames
Simple, boring frames. Comes in practically all colors of the rainbow: Red, orange, yellow, green, teal, blue, and purple.
~~~
So what do you guys think? Would anyone use these scraps of mine? What colors/themes would you like to see in future textboxes?

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Textbox sets (CC BY 3.0) Current Count: 3

#2 Post by Googaboga »

I think they look classy. Dat little star is too adorable.

As for future styles maybe something with clouds. That could be pretty ^^. Although I guess it wouldn't be fitting for very many VNs :/. Hmm maybe something darker/shadow-like. There are quite a few mystery games around and there aren't too many premade textboxes that are terribly fitting for a dark and or mysterious game.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Armee
Veteran

#3 Post by Armee »

Thank you for these lovelies textboxes. ^^ I'm using the first one for my short game. It's really kind of you for the code and other elements. You should make some textboxes like that on in Dangan Ronpa and Persona 3

8oni
Regular
Completed: Midnight Encounter, White World
Tumblr: 8oni
Deviantart: 8oni

#4 Post by 8oni »

Thank you very much for this textbox. I change them into Novelty template, I hope you don't mind.

PS : I make sure to tell people that they have to credit you when they use the template.

sunTARIA
Regular

#5 Post by sunTARIA »

CheeryMoya wrote:All of these textboxes are licensed under a Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) license. This means you may:
  • Use in your own game
  • Use in both Non-Commercial and Commercial games (if you want to sell a game using these, anyway)
All that as long as you attribute/give credit to me (Something like "Textbox by CheeryMoya" will do). Always include a link to my website (http://twinturtlegames.com/) wherever you post your game and mention it in the credits.

Downloads here

Starry
My first textbox design, someone might find it useful >_> Comes in blue and yellow, has quickmenu buttons, namebox, NVL mode, click-to-continue icon, and is made for 1280x720 resolution. Zip package includes test game with textbox coded in.

Bubbles
I made this for Lluvia de Peces! but it's now available for you guys to use too. Only includes textbox and namebox.

Frames
Simple, boring frames. Comes in practically all colors of the rainbow: Red, orange, yellow, green, teal, blue, and purple.
~~~
So what do you guys think? Would anyone use these scraps of mine? What colors/themes would you like to see in future textboxes?
the textboxes were removed, anyone have it? ;_; the first one, specifically.
Nostalgic Memories are always used as a way to poison and torture others.
--------------
When in doubt if you use these codes to hide your work, people!
build.classify('game/**.png', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.jpg', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.rpy', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.rpyc', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.mp3', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.ttf', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.ogg', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.ogv', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.rpy', None)

-----
it'll help you when you need to hide files! :D

sunTARIA
Regular

#6 Post by sunTARIA »

CheeryMoya wrote:All of these textboxes are licensed under a Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) license. This means you may:
  • Use in your own game

Downloads here

Starry

Bubbles

Frames
~~~
the textboxes were removed, anyone have it? ;_; the first one, specifically.
Nostalgic Memories are always used as a way to poison and torture others.
--------------
When in doubt if you use these codes to hide your work, people!
build.classify('game/**.png', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.jpg', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.rpy', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.rpyc', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.mp3', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.ttf', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.ogg', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.ogv', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.rpy', None)

-----
it'll help you when you need to hide files! :D