Girl and Guy Sprite (bunch of options) [CC-BY-NC-SA]

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

Girl and Guy Sprite (bunch of options) [CC-BY-NC-SA]

#1 Post by SilverHyena »

Edit 2: So the great and wonderful CheeryMoya went and put all the layers into nice folders for me. I have switched the files on my DA account so that the version you download is that one. If for some reason you want it without folders, you can still get that file by going into the comments section and finding the mediafire link I put there.

Edit: Added a girl sprite too. You can swap the hairstyles and some accessories between files if you want to. You'll just have to realign it so it's on there correctly. Also, with the longer hairstyles you'll have to move their layer below some of the clothes to display it properly. Have fun.

Some possible examples for the girl sprite:
girlspriteexamples.png
Download it here: http://silverhyena.deviantart.com/art/G ... -413022118

Heya! I needed a break from my Nanowrimo stuff so I ended up making a male sprite since they're few and far between. I included a lot of crud so that you can make a bunch of different male characters. (I plan to make a female version eventually, but don't hold your breath. I am slow.)

Some possible examples:
guyspriteexamples.png
Download it here: http://silverhyena.deviantart.com/art/G ... -412450628

A note on how it works:
- In the attempt to make it easy to customize I separated the line art for each item in question from the item's color options. I know it is annoying, but you have to first select the item's outline and then one of the colors for it underneath. If you don't like any of my premade stuff, you can make your own colors by making a new layer and coloring under the line art. Hopefully that makes sense.

Some of its features:
- 3 skin colors
- 5 eye colors
- 10 hairstyles Each with four colors (brown, blond, red, black)
- 9 expressions
- A bunch of random clothing articles and accessories to mix and match
- Editing should be as easy as using the paint tool to change the color and cleaning up the edges. Emphasis on should be.

Warning: I only have Photoshop Elements 6.0 which unfortunately does not have the ability to create folders (as far as I know). I tried to label things in a nice manner, but it is still a lot to go through. I apologize for that, but hope that it's worth the trouble. :(

Under CC BY-NC-SA creative commons license (creativecommons.org/licenses/b… for them technically minded people.
Which basically means...

- Give credit (To SilverHyena in case you were wondering ;) )
- Don't use for commercial projects.
- You are allowed to edit and mess with it however you want. (I tried to make it easy to do this)

Sorry for the information overload. Anyway, go make me some bxb games for me to play! Or not. It's your call. ;D Other games are good too. :D
Last edited by SilverHyena on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Re: Free Guy Sprite (bunch of options) [CC-BY-NC-SA]

#2 Post by Fenrir34 »

Super cute/handsome sprites. They would do really well in a Vn. Nice job and thanks for the free sprites :D

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#3 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Ohmygosh so cute! Thanks :)
i'll cry if you yell at me

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#4 Post by SilverxBlue »

Oh, wow... Thanks so much for these. I have a feeling I'll have way too much fun playing with these. orz
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#5 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Ooh, they look so cute! I will have fun playing with it~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)

Re: Girl and Guy Sprite (bunch of options) [CC-BY-NC-SA]

#6 Post by SilverHyena »

I finished the girl sprite guys. Check it out. Now you can do all sorts of games! Yay!

@Fenrir: Thanks and you're completely welcome!

@silverpikachu99: You're welcome! :D

@SilverxBlue: No problem! I hope it's as fun as you think it will be... despite all the layers being so intimidating.

@Kokoro Hane: Thanks! Enjoy.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#7 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Ooh, the female one looks nice, too! Great to have a male and female sets, for those who want consistent art ^.^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#8 Post by qirien »

Thank you for sharing your talents with everyone!
Finished games:

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by CheeryMoya »

This is exactly what I was looking for, you're a godsend ヾ(:3ノシヾ)ノシ Bless you for including skintone options along with the clothes.

If you'd like, can I organize the layers into folders? I'm already kinda doing it for personal use anyway >_>

SilverHyena
Veteran

#10 Post by SilverHyena »

@Kokoro Hane: That's what I was thinking! It's good to have options!

@qiren: No problem! It is something I have been wanting to do for awhile now. The lemmasoft community has been good to me so I wanted to give back a bit.

@CheeryMoya: Oh good! Glad it could help! And yeah! I had to include skin tones! We need more variety in the types of characters that are in vns! And yes, yes, YES! You can totally do that! That would make it so much more manageable!

effenelle
Regular
Projects: Un:Wanted [GxB]
Deviantart: effenelle

#11 Post by effenelle »

Hi! Just stopping by to say thank you so much for these sprites! I especially love how much options/combinations you included for each sprite.

BTW, I used your girl in my otome VN game here:
http://effenelle.deviantart.com/art/Un-Wanted-671117601

Thanks again!
Un:Wanted (GxB)
A game made from free resources found in LemmaSoft's Creative Commons!
\(^▽^)/
Thanks everyone!