Fungii's Free Fsprites [Update Aug19]

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

Re: Fungii's Free Fsprites [Update Nov18]

#31 Post by Fungii »

What's up fam we back on this noise
1.png
Catch is that now due to Unrelenting Capitalism they're going to be paid assets. HOWEVER there will be a free option available that functions as a basic, unchangeable sprite as a sort of "demo" to the full version.
Planned features:
7 Hairstyles (with mix a match elements) in 6 shades (blonde, brunette, ginger, auburn, black, white)
2 Jackets
4 Tops
​2 Dresses
4 Bottoms
2 Socks
​Bikini, Swimsuit, Underwear
4 Skin Tones
Piercings , Freckles, Glasses

Does $10 USD seem fair? I don't see many with this level of customisation but I rarely see ones selling for more than $10 (on itch.io) so I'm not sure I could ask for much higher.

Plans going forward are the make a range of body types for a modern setting, then continue to use the same bases for different settings (modern, fantasy, regency, sci fi) Then perhaps some day a programmer will team up with me to make an updateable exe like the RPG maker portrait generator :lol:

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

#32 Post by parttimestorier »

Fungii wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:23 pm Does $10 USD seem fair? I don't see many with this level of customisation but I rarely see ones selling for more than $10 (on itch.io) so I'm not sure I could ask for much higher.
I think you could definitely charge a bit more when they're so customizeable. I'd personally be happy to pay at least $15 or $20 for a royalty-free sprite that matched what I wanted for a project. I've also seen some people selling assets on itch.io with two different prices for non-commercial and commercial use of the sprites. And you can easily make bundles of stuff, so if you're worried that they're a bit too expensive you could give a discount for buying several together or something!
ImageImageImage

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#33 Post by Fungii »

parttimestorier wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:55 pm
I think you could definitely charge a bit more when they're so customizeable. I'd personally be happy to pay at least $15 or $20 for a royalty-free sprite that matched what I wanted for a project. I've also seen some people selling assets on itch.io with two different prices for non-commercial and commercial use of the sprites. And you can easily make bundles of stuff, so if you're worried that they're a bit too expensive you could give a discount for buying several together or something!
Ty for the input! Been asking around and I've got them up for $20 for now. Thinking of possibly adding some arm poses at some point but for now woo finally a new set!
The bundle idea sounds great tbh, maybe when I finally have the full amount for a modern setting I can set that up.