Stock Photos

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Message
Author
User avatar
fioricca
Veteran
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:17 am
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten
Contact:

Stock Photos

#1 Post by fioricca » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:56 am

I'm not really sure if this should go here or in the "free to use but not CC" forum; if it's in the wrong place, I do apologise and please move accordingly.

I just found a bunch of photos I took when I was in Japan, and since I was able to visit locations with few to no people, I thought I could share them. They're all touristy places because I'm an idiot =_=";; But hopefully they'll come in handy anyway?

Image Image
Image Image

More photos here: http://routezero.vnovel.com/artshop/resources/photos/

Free to use, no need to attribute.

EDIT; Added about 50 photos of Turkey. We mostly only got to see ruins, but there's something spectacular about the sun there. The lighting is so different to Japan's.

Image Image

Alte
The Great Organizer
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:26 pm
Github: nualte
itch: alte
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#2 Post by Alte » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:17 am

Gorgeous photos, thank you for sharing them! It looks relaxing, sightseeing.

User avatar
fioricca
Veteran
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:17 am
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#3 Post by fioricca » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:26 am

My pleasure :D You can totally see samurais and ninjas in the Japan ones lol...

User avatar
Haruchii-zuki
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:37 am
IRC Nick: Haruchii
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#4 Post by Haruchii-zuki » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:12 am

You took these? One word: amazing! :D

These are gorgeous! And by the way, lucky you since you got to see all these places in person. x)
Thanks so much for sharing! (^__^)

User avatar
fioricca
Veteran
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:17 am
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#5 Post by fioricca » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:26 am

Haruchii-zuki wrote:You took these? One word: amazing! :D

These are gorgeous! And by the way, lucky you since you got to see all these places in person. x)
Thanks so much for sharing! (^__^)
Thanks! My japanese is pretty bad but at least I was able to find my own way around these places, haha.

I've just returned from another family trip. We went back to Japan this time (I tagged along so I could buy anime stuff), and I took a ton of photos as always. I wanted to take more photos of interiors but it didn't work out so well... ):";; We stayed at posh hotels and I was surprised to see groups of students ranging from elementary school to high school staying with us. I wish I got to stay at posh hotels when I went on school trips! o_oa

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Here's the first batch of photos I took -- 84 in all. I still have more than a hundred photos to sift through, and I'll upload more when I'm done.

LINK

User avatar
fioricca
Veteran
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:17 am
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#6 Post by fioricca » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:28 am

Here's an additional 121 photos, featuring places such as Lake Toya (which, in my opinion, was the best part of this trip), an Edo-jidai themed park and an Ainu village themed park. The western garden is actually a chocolate factory.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

That wraps up photos for this trip; I'll come up with some batch .zips soon in case anyone's interested.

EXTRA; I tinkered with a few of the photos while waiting for the upload to finish. Nothing beats hand-painted BGs of course, but with some more repainting, these could also look okay?

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 4:39 pm
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#7 Post by Sharm » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:39 am

I really like whatever filter combination you used. That dock image doesn't look processed, it looks painted. For the others, I'd say it's a good place to start a paint over.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

User avatar
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1002
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:03 pm
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#8 Post by Hazel-Bun » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:34 pm

Oh wow, amazing photos!! Thank you so much for sharing <3 I agree the dock looks painted and I'll be using that one for sure.

User avatar
sendo
Veteran
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:28 am
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#9 Post by sendo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:25 pm

Thanks for sharing these! Reference photos are very valuable resources : )
Finished VNs:
Image Image

User avatar
ppppantsu
Veteran
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:14 am
Completed: Haruman, DMMd Fan VN, Fetish 1.0, Fetish: ESC, Colors~AU~, Fetish: Wanted, Incolore
itch: soraille
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#10 Post by ppppantsu » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:19 am

Thank you for sharing theeem~ they are absolutely gorgeous! Q 7Q!! :oops:
Image ||| Image
For a list of my games, you can visit my blog, but I'm more more active on Facebook!

User avatar
RVB
Regular
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:52 pm
Organization: Grim Prophet
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#11 Post by RVB » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:34 am

Woooow these look incrediblllleee. I want to make a game based in Japan now, hahaha.

User avatar
jory014
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:13 am
Projects: Confidant From Darkness (VN), Stand By Me (NaNoRenO 2013)
Organization: CHILL Brigade
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#12 Post by jory014 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:08 am

hi, I would just like to ask...are these photos free to be used on vn projects?

If yes, what arè the terms though?

Thanks in advance!!!
"We're Cute and Cool, while Chilling- CHILL Brigade-"

W.I.P:
-A Confidant From Darkness
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... t=11427url
-~Stand By Me~
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=19784

Team Site:
-CHILL Brigade]
http://chillbrigade14.wix.com/chill-brigade

Alte
The Great Organizer
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:26 pm
Github: nualte
itch: alte
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#13 Post by Alte » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:46 am

jory014 wrote:hi, I would just like to ask...are these photos free to be used on vn projects?

If yes, what arè the terms though?

Thanks in advance!!!
Hello, while I'm not the artist nor a photographer, in the creative commons section people can use assets for their games. (including visual novels)

You can find the terms at ROUTE/0 Resources website or copy pasted below.
________________________________________________________________

This section is dedicated to resources that can be freely used under the following terms:

DISTRIBUTION: The resources on this page may be distributed freely, but not for commercial purposes. That means that you’re free to take our resources, zip them up, and re-upload them, but not sell them.

REPRODUCTION: You can create derivative works such as games, artwork, etc, and use them for both commercial and non-commercial purposes.

MODIFICATION: You are free to modify the resources on this product however you like; however, we cannot claim any moral responsibility for how you use the resources. We also ask that you modify the resources only in ways that would preserve our integrity as creators.

ATTRIBUTION: Credit is optional but highly appreciated. If you do wish to credit us (yay!), simply attribute Route/0 and/or leave a link to our website: http://routezero.vnovel.com

User avatar
jory014
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:13 am
Projects: Confidant From Darkness (VN), Stand By Me (NaNoRenO 2013)
Organization: CHILL Brigade
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#14 Post by jory014 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Alte wrote:
jory014 wrote:hi, I would just like to ask...are these photos free to be used on vn projects?

If yes, what arè the terms though?

Thanks in advance!!!
Hello, while I'm not the artist nor a photographer, in the creative commons section people can use assets for their games. (including visual novels)

You can find the terms at ROUTE/0 Resources website or copy pasted below.
________________________________________________________________

This section is dedicated to resources that can be freely used under the following terms:

DISTRIBUTION: The resources on this page may be distributed freely, but not for commercial purposes. That means that you’re free to take our resources, zip them up, and re-upload them, but not sell them.

REPRODUCTION: You can create derivative works such as games, artwork, etc, and use them for both commercial and non-commercial purposes.

MODIFICATION: You are free to modify the resources on this product however you like; however, we cannot claim any moral responsibility for how you use the resources. We also ask that you modify the resources only in ways that would preserve our integrity as creators.

ATTRIBUTION: Credit is optional but highly appreciated. If you do wish to credit us (yay!), simply attribute Route/0 and/or leave a link to our website: http://routezero.vnovel.com

Thanks this helps a lot!!!
"We're Cute and Cool, while Chilling- CHILL Brigade-"

W.I.P:
-A Confidant From Darkness
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... t=11427url
-~Stand By Me~
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=19784

Team Site:
-CHILL Brigade]
http://chillbrigade14.wix.com/chill-brigade

Alte
The Great Organizer
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:26 pm
Github: nualte
itch: alte
Contact:

Re: Stock Photos

#15 Post by Alte » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:31 am

jory014 wrote:Thanks this helps a lot!!!
You're welcome, glad to help out.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Celestial_Toast