Free backgrounds - beach,mountains,forest - NEW (mountains)

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Sharane
Regular

Free backgrounds - beach,mountains,forest - NEW (mountains)

#1 Post by Sharane »

Hi there,

I see lots of you filter or edit photos and make amazing backgrounds from them. So I decided to give here some of my photos. May be someone use or edit them :) No credit needed, just enjoy :wink:

Edit:
2015-02-16 - added photos of mountains
2015-03-02 - added photos of nature
2015-05-11 - added photos of forest
2015-07-07 - added photos of mountains

For the full size of photos, download the file below the pictures.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Attachments
photos.zip
(7.79 MiB) Downloaded 526 times
Last edited by Sharane on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Free backgrounds - mostly beach and parks

#2 Post by fleet »

Thank you for posting these. :)
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

#3 Post by pocoscon »

These pictures are really beautiful =). I was wondering where you took them, especially the last one?"
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

Sharane
Regular

#4 Post by Sharane »

fleet wrote:Thank you for posting these. :)
No problem :) if it helps somebody, I will be more than happy.
pocoscon wrote:These pictures are really beautiful =). I was wondering where you took them, especially the last one?"
Thank you :) The first 3 pictures are from Brighton (UK), then it´s Hyde park in London, street is from Highgate (London) and the last one is from Hallstatt (Austria).
Actually I have more photos which could be turned into the backgrounds but I´m not sure if somebody would use pictures of mountains and forests. But I have some streets too. Also some photos I took in Hallstatt could be very nice fantasy backgrounds, I think. But it was foggy so I´m afraid of its quality. It´s probably the same like at the last photo I posted here.
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

#5 Post by pocoscon »

Sharane wrote:
pocoscon wrote:These pictures are really beautiful =). I was wondering where you took them, especially the last one?"
Thank you :) The first 3 pictures are from Brighton (UK), then it´s Hyde park in London, street is from Highgate (London) and the last one is from Hallstatt (Austria).
Actually I have more photos which could be turned into the backgrounds but I´m not sure if somebody would use pictures of mountains and forests. But I have some streets too. Also some photos I took in Hallstatt could be very nice fantasy backgrounds, I think. But it was foggy so I´m afraid of its quality. It´s probably the same like at the last photo I posted here.

Cool =). They're very beautiful ^^. You really know how to take pictures.
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

Sharane
Regular

#6 Post by Sharane »

pocoscon wrote:
Sharane wrote:

Cool =). They're very beautiful ^^. You really know how to take pictures.
Thank you :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

benzodiazepine

#7 Post by benzodiazepine »

These are good inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

#8 Post by Kate »

These are amazing! And I may use them if I resurrect my first idea that was to be a VOLTAGE-style otome based around a cruise ship adventure :)
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

Sharane
Regular

#9 Post by Sharane »

benzodiazepine wrote:These are good inspiration. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you so much :)
Kate wrote:These are amazing! And I may use them if I resurrect my first idea that was to be a VOLTAGE-style otome based around a cruise ship adventure :)
Well, I admit I wasn´t able to find out what´s voltage style exactly but maybe some of the next photos could be suitable too ;) There are also another pictures. It´s mix from Croatia, Czech republic, Slovakia and UK.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Attachments
photos2.zip
(8.26 MiB) Downloaded 105 times
Last edited by Sharane on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

PaperDragon

#10 Post by PaperDragon »

Thanks for sharing these. There's a couple that look like they'll work really well for my in - very slow - progress VN.

If you're willing to post them, I would be very interested in your forest pictures, too.

Sharane
Regular

#11 Post by Sharane »

PaperDragon wrote:Thanks for sharing these. There's a couple that look like they'll work really well for my in - very slow - progress VN.

If you're willing to post them, I would be very interested in your forest pictures, too.
I was searching for the photos of forest and I´m afraid they were deleted by accident because I had some problems with my PC lately :( I found only a few pictures which could be considered as photos of forest - see below. But I would be happy to take some pictures of forest as I will have more time :wink:

Image Image
Attachments
photos.zip
(3.38 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
Last edited by Sharane on Mon May 11, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Sharane
Regular

#12 Post by Sharane »

I took some shoots of forest this weekend so there is something for PaperDragon and for you others too, of course :)
Also, I added one bonus photo (the last one).

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Attachments
photos-of-forest.zip
(19.58 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

Re: Free backgrounds - beach, mountains, forest

#13 Post by Laiska »

Downloading the forest shots to use in a little side project. Thanks for posting these!

Kailoto
Veteran
Completed: No VNs, but a few novels. :D
Projects: Artificial, Seven Deaths (inactive)

#14 Post by Kailoto »

Wow. I don't have any use for them at the moment, but these are some fantastic photos. Kinda makes me sad that I can't use them. D:

I think there's a real value to simply taking photographs of scenic areas and letting people filter them. Thank you for that. I look forward to seeing more of them!
Things I've Written:
Sakura (Novel, Self Published, 80,000+ words)
City and Girl (Novel, First Draft, 70,000+ words)
Loka (Novel, Third Draft, 120,000+ words)

A layabout writer and programmer with lots of problems and even more ideas. Hyped for Persona 5.

PaperDragon

#15 Post by PaperDragon »

A lot of these will be very helpful. Thank you very much for sharing. (And they are really nice looking too!)