Some Free Music [CC-BY] (05/25/19)

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Message
Author
User avatar
johandark
Veteran
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:04 am
Completed: Wild Guards, In Dreams
Projects: Pact with a witch
Deviantart: johandarkweb
Location: Barcelona
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (01/24/18)

#136 Post by johandark » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:45 pm

I see you upload files in your soundcloud, but why not in youtube, probably more people could find you there... just asking. Your music is lovely as always. ^^
Image

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (01/24/18)

#137 Post by Alcaknight » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:00 am

johandark wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:45 pm
I see you upload files in your soundcloud, but why not in youtube, probably more people could find you there... just asking. Your music is lovely as always. ^^
I already have a Youtube channel that I upload all my pieces to, it's under the name "JB AnimePiano." https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcvrBt ... J-0ZP-hP8g I find soundcloud useful though, because it allows people to easily download the music. Also thanks a lot! I appreciate it.

User avatar
niannn
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:04 am
Completed: Keynote, Die.Alone?, The Villaintine
Projects: The Villaintine: Sepia
Tumblr: niaaannn
itch: niannn
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (01/24/18)

#138 Post by niannn » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 am

The earlier links are not working :( but I went to your profile and checked out some tracks and I must say you're amazing! keep up the good work :)
Image Image ImageImage

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (01/24/18)

#139 Post by Alcaknight » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:48 am

niannn wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 am
The earlier links are not working :( but I went to your profile and checked out some tracks and I must say you're amazing! keep up the good work :)
Unfortunately I had to delete some of the tracks from my Soundcloud as I ran out of space, and can't keep paying for Soundcloud Pro at the moment. I might go back and reupload them to Dropbox or another site while I have time though. Also thanks a lot!

User avatar
niannn
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:04 am
Completed: Keynote, Die.Alone?, The Villaintine
Projects: The Villaintine: Sepia
Tumblr: niaaannn
itch: niannn
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (01/24/18)

#140 Post by niannn » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:08 am

You're welcome, looking forward to it :3
Image Image ImageImage

User avatar
johandark
Veteran
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:04 am
Completed: Wild Guards, In Dreams
Projects: Pact with a witch
Deviantart: johandarkweb
Location: Barcelona
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (01/24/18)

#141 Post by johandark » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Alcaknight wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:48 am
niannn wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 am
The earlier links are not working :( but I went to your profile and checked out some tracks and I must say you're amazing! keep up the good work :)
Unfortunately I had to delete some of the tracks from my Soundcloud as I ran out of space, and can't keep paying for Soundcloud Pro at the moment. I might go back and reupload them to Dropbox or another site while I have time though. Also thanks a lot!
They should pay you for upload such amazing tracks there... I´m sure there must be a place for that purpouse...

Also you promote too much a place like soundcloud but not youtube, and I´m sure there you could have much more attention. Just a comment. :P
Image

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (01/24/18)

#142 Post by Alcaknight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:30 pm

johandark wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:04 pm
Alcaknight wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:48 am
niannn wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 am
The earlier links are not working :( but I went to your profile and checked out some tracks and I must say you're amazing! keep up the good work :)
Unfortunately I had to delete some of the tracks from my Soundcloud as I ran out of space, and can't keep paying for Soundcloud Pro at the moment. I might go back and reupload them to Dropbox or another site while I have time though. Also thanks a lot!
They should pay you for upload such amazing tracks there... I´m sure there must be a place for that purpouse...

Also you promote too much a place like soundcloud but not youtube, and I´m sure there you could have much more attention. Just a comment. :P
Thanks, I really appreciate it!

I actually have a YT channel where I upload all of my compositions. There's also a handful of improvisations and such which haven't been posted to soundcloud yet. If anyone's interested here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcvrBt ... P8g/videos

ancolltoni
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 4:04 am
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (01/24/18)

#143 Post by ancolltoni » Thu May 31, 2018 4:08 am

great. Can I use it for my ringtone project?

User avatar
Eritea
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 1:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (01/24/18)

#144 Post by Eritea » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:02 pm

God, you're SO talented! I've honestly downloaded evERY. SINGLE. Piece on your SoundCloud account just to listen to them all the time. Some of these send chills down my spine. You're an incredible compositor!
I'd like to use some of these gorgeous compositions for my visual novel project. What link should I write down on the credits?

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (01/24/18)

#145 Post by Alcaknight » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:54 am

ancolltoni wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 4:08 am
great. Can I use it for my ringtone project?
Uh sorry for the late reply! Due to being on holiday and various commitments I haven't had time to post here for a while. It's probably a little late now, but sure!
Eritea wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:02 pm
God, you're SO talented! I've honestly downloaded evERY. SINGLE. Piece on your SoundCloud account just to listen to them all the time. Some of these send chills down my spine. You're an incredible compositor!
I'd like to use some of these gorgeous compositions for my visual novel project. What link should I write down on the credits?
Sorry for the incredibly late reply again! For future reference just "Alcaknight" is fine


—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Anyway, sorry that I haven't updated this thread in so long! I've written quite a number of pieces in the meantime and I finally got around to posting them to soundcloud, so here's a couple of new tracks. Hopefully I'll be able to start updating this thread regularly again.

Torn Apart: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/torn-apart (Short piano solo piece, would fit well with emotional or tense scenes in particular)

Memories of Home: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/memories-of-home (Slow, Romantic piece for Piano and Strings)

Lamentoso: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/lamentoso (Dark, classical themed piece with piano and strings)

Nocturne in E: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/nocturne-in-e (Classical piece written for piano, flute and strings)

User avatar
Mhyrria
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:55 am
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (08/28/18)

#146 Post by Mhyrria » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:52 am

You are amazing!! I can use your songs as long as you are attributed right? I'm sorry, I am very new to the this creative commons license thing.

Also, can I download all of your songs and put them on my music player? Some of these rival AAA game soundtracks. I just can't stop listening to them.

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (08/28/18)

#147 Post by Alcaknight » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:44 am

Mhyrria wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:52 am
You are amazing!! I can use your songs as long as you are attributed right? I'm sorry, I am very new to the this creative commons license thing.

Also, can I download all of your songs and put them on my music player? Some of these rival AAA game soundtracks. I just can't stop listening to them.
Of course, just credit me as Alcaknight and you're free to use them however you'd like. All of these are CC-BY so you can use them for both commercial and non-commercial projects.

Also sure thing! Go ahead, I'm glad you like them!

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (08/28/18)

#148 Post by Alcaknight » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:33 am

Update, here's an uplifting orchestral piece I wrote. I was going for an RPG sort of vibe, but I suppose it could be used with anything.

The Adventurer Returns: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/the-a ... er-returns

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (10/23/18)

#149 Post by Alcaknight » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:28 am

Apologies again for not updating this thread in so long!

Anyway, here's something a little different from usual. This is a short jazzy piece I wrote which would work well for romance scenes:

Calm Afternoons - https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/calm-afternoons

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (11/08/18)

#150 Post by Alcaknight » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Update again. Here's another little track I put together. This one's a lot more rock/orchestral themed than my previous stuff, but I'm sure it could work well for certain dramatic scenes and such.

Forgotten Voices: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/forgotten-voices

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users