Some Free Music [CC-BY] (02/24/24)

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Alcaknight
Regular

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (02/06/21)

#181 Post by Alcaknight »

_ticlock_ wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:23 pm
Alcaknight wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:52 am A link to all of my work can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight
Hi, Alcaknight,

Those are really nice music pieces. What an awesome collection you have made!!! I really like how immersive/atmospheric they are. Some pieces are silk-like soft and sweet.

Are all tracks on https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight CC-BY?
To credit you: Would you like your name(Alcaknight) and link to your Soundcloud? Anything else?

Thank you, I appreciate it! Yes, everything on my soundcloud is CC-BY so feel free to use it. Just "Alcaknight" is fine!

Alcaknight
Regular

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (02/17/21)

#182 Post by Alcaknight »

Here's another little update. This time it's a piece for piano, strings, cello and violin. It'd probably suit dramatic/emotional scenes fairly well.

Everything Must End: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/everything-must-end

Nightlocke

#183 Post by Nightlocke »

You're music is absolutely amazing.I can't not thank you enough for making it CC-BY. That is extremely generous. This is honestly quality that you could easily charge for.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#184 Post by AsHLeX »

Hey! Quick question, some of the older music pieces aren't downloadable. Are those not meant to be used, despite the CC-BY lisence attached to it? Thanks!
(I think I've said it before, but I really love your music. Thanks again for sharing!"
New demo out 24/12/23!!

midgethetree
Regular
Completed: Back When, The Mother of Pearls, various jam games
Projects: When Everyone's Watching, Deliberation
Github: midgethetree
itch: midge-the-tree
Discord: rainafc#3353

#185 Post by midgethetree »

I used Autumn Sorrow in my VN Back When. Thanks for sharing it!

Alcaknight
Regular

#186 Post by Alcaknight »

AsHLeX wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:42 am Hey! Quick question, some of the older music pieces aren't downloadable. Are those not meant to be used, despite the CC-BY lisence attached to it? Thanks!
(I think I've said it before, but I really love your music. Thanks again for sharing!"
I realize this is a few years too late, but it's probably because I ran out of downloads. If you're on a free account Soundcloud only lets 100 people download each track. Everything on that page is CC-BY though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also it's been a long time since I uploaded this thread - mostly because I took quite a long break from composing. However I was in the mood for writing more music, so I came up with this little track for piano/flute/strings. It would probably suit any romantic or laid-back scenes quite well.

Keep Looking Forward: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/keep-looking-forward

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#187 Post by AsHLeX »

Alcaknight wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:07 pm
AsHLeX wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:42 am Hey! Quick question, some of the older music pieces aren't downloadable. Are those not meant to be used, despite the CC-BY lisence attached to it? Thanks!
I realize this is a few years too late, but it's probably because I ran out of downloads. If you're on a free account Soundcloud only lets 100 people download each track. Everything on that page is CC-BY though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also it's been a long time since I uploaded this thread - mostly because I took quite a long break from composing. However I was in the mood for writing more music, so I came up with this little track for piano/flute/strings. It would probably suit any romantic or laid-back scenes quite well.

Keep Looking Forward: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/keep-looking-forward
No worries! Thanks for taking the time to respond and for the lovely new piece :)
New demo out 24/12/23!!