Some Free Music [CC-BY] (27/10/19)

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Message
Author
LordDarknus
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:15 am
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY]

#16 Post by LordDarknus » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:23 pm

Alcaknight wrote:
LordDarknus wrote:Hi!
Hope you don't mind, but I used two of your songs in my VN.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=36605

You're really good at what you do! Thank you very much for making them free! :P
No problem, that's what they're there for.

Also I just read through your VN, really great work by the way. I enjoyed playing it.
Oh... Thank you! :D I appreciate it!

(Also, I'm sorry I forgot to set the default text speed to something slower than infinite, and that a few screen-shaking effects don't show up because I set "config.developer = False" in "options.rpy" ; since the grey-white checkerboard / transparency grid behind the scenes gets disabled and a pure black screen would have nothing to contrast against when hpunch or vpunch is used...)

(You should probably adjust the text speed to something slower, and set "config.developer = True" if you decide to replay it)

Thanks again! You're really wonderful with how you play your instruments, and I did notice some similarities between your Piano Solo - "Promise" and Joe Hisaishi's "One Summer's Day"! It reminded me of some of the feelings I felt when watching Spirited Away actually.

It's very evocative and somewhat troubling, yet subtle and graceful.

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY]

#17 Post by Alcaknight » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:09 pm

LordDarknus wrote:
Alcaknight wrote:
LordDarknus wrote:Hi!
Hope you don't mind, but I used two of your songs in my VN.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=36605

You're really good at what you do! Thank you very much for making them free! :P
No problem, that's what they're there for.

Also I just read through your VN, really great work by the way. I enjoyed playing it.
Oh... Thank you! :D I appreciate it!

(Also, I'm sorry I forgot to set the default text speed to something slower than infinite, and that a few screen-shaking effects don't show up because I set "config.developer = False" in "options.rpy" ; since the grey-white checkerboard / transparency grid behind the scenes gets disabled and a pure black screen would have nothing to contrast against when hpunch or vpunch is used...)

(You should probably adjust the text speed to something slower, and set "config.developer = True" if you decide to replay it)

Thanks again! You're really wonderful with how you play your instruments, and I did notice some similarities between your Piano Solo - "Promise" and Joe Hisaishi's "One Summer's Day"! It reminded me of some of the feelings I felt when watching Spirited Away actually.

It's very evocative and somewhat troubling, yet subtle and graceful.
I love dystopian fiction so I found it really enjoyable, it was really well written too so good job. I'll make sure to tweak the settings if I replay it, and thanks, one summer's day is one of my favourite pieces so I drew on one or two ideas from it.

Also here's another little piece. Wasn't really completely sure about it, but here: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/in-a-dream

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY]

#18 Post by Alcaknight » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:11 am

Update, here's a little laid back track I came up with.

https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/hamari-pianoflute

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY]

#19 Post by Alcaknight » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:42 pm

Here's a piece for String Quartet. Tried to go for something classical sounding, I don't think it turned out too badly:

https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/origi ... n-farewell

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (2/5/16)

#20 Post by Alcaknight » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:17 pm

Here's another solo piano piece. I think it'd work quite well for a heartwarming sort of scene.

https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/innocence-piano-solo

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (2/8/16)

#21 Post by Alcaknight » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:54 pm

Here's another little update. This time it's pretty upbeat:

https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/friendship

User avatar
Zetsubou
Veteran
Posts: 490
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:00 am
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (2/8/16)

#22 Post by Zetsubou » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:24 pm

@Alcaknight: do you have a particular manner in which you prefer to be credited?
eg. A different name/alias than Alcaknight? A link to your soundcloud page or personal website?
Also, do you prefer to be credited individually for each track, if multiple tracks are used, or just once?
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Circadian Loop, My Heart Grows Fonder + VN writing commissions

Image

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (2/8/16)

#23 Post by Alcaknight » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:31 am

Zetsubou wrote:@Alcaknight: do you have a particular manner in which you prefer to be credited?
eg. A different name/alias than Alcaknight? A link to your soundcloud page or personal website?
Also, do you prefer to be credited individually for each track, if multiple tracks are used, or just once?
Just Alcaknight is fine, the link to my soundcloud is here but you don't have to: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight

Also just crediting me once is fine

dejaime
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:07 pm
Github: dejaime
Skype: dejaimeneto
Soundcloud: dejaime
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (2/8/16)

#24 Post by dejaime » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Great stuff, really!

Do you plan on doing anything with more voices (I mean like more instruments and stuff, for more fullness²)?


² - this is me trying to be technical when I have no clue of what Im talking about

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (2/8/16)

#25 Post by Alcaknight » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:46 am

dejaime wrote:Great stuff, really!

Do you plan on doing anything with more voices (I mean like more instruments and stuff, for more fullness²)?


² - this is me trying to be technical when I have no clue of what Im talking about
Thanks for the feedback. It honestly depends on what mood I'm going for, I prefer to keep things minimalist but I do occasionally branch out and use other instruments. Friendship uses drums, bass, guitar and accordion for example, and I composed for a string quartet fairly recently. I think too many instruments can make it distracting because it's supposed to blend in though, but I'm just trying to find the right balance. I think sad or emotional music actually benefits from fewer instruments, at least from what I've experienced, but for the upbeat "generic happy music" I'm trying to incorporate more voices to make it fuller, so I'll see how it goes.

User avatar
Zetsubou
Veteran
Posts: 490
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:00 am
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (2/8/16)

#26 Post by Zetsubou » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:31 pm

Alcaknight wrote:Just Alcaknight is fine, the link to my soundcloud is here but you don't have to: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight

Also just crediting me once is fine
Got it, thanks Alcaknight.
I'll be including 5 of your tracks (specifically "Familiar Warmth", "Distant Memory", "Evening Waltz", "Sleepless Night" and "Promise") in the Valentines Day update for Sickness.
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Circadian Loop, My Heart Grows Fonder + VN writing commissions

Image

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (2/8/16)

#27 Post by Alcaknight » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:38 am

Zetsubou wrote:
Alcaknight wrote:Just Alcaknight is fine, the link to my soundcloud is here but you don't have to: https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight

Also just crediting me once is fine
Got it, thanks Alcaknight.
I'll be including 5 of your tracks (specifically "Familiar Warmth", "Distant Memory", "Evening Waltz", "Sleepless Night" and "Promise") in the Valentines Day update for Sickness.
No problem, I'm glad they came in useful

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (2/8/16)

#28 Post by Alcaknight » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:56 pm

Here's a little update. This time for piano/cello/flute.

https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/heartbroken

User avatar
greenLeaf
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:33 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (2/8/16)

#29 Post by greenLeaf » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:26 am

I've decided to use almost all of your songs in my project, it fits perfectly for a drama type of novel. I'll make sure that
your name will be on the credits. Lots of Thanks! :)

User avatar
Alcaknight
Regular
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Some Free Music [CC-BY] (2/24/16)

#30 Post by Alcaknight » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:14 am

greenLeaf wrote:I've decided to use almost all of your songs in my project, it fits perfectly for a drama type of novel. I'll make sure that
your name will be on the credits. Lots of Thanks! :)
I hope they come in useful! No problem

Also here's another update. Just a little relaxing piano piece this time

https://soundcloud.com/alcaknight/sweet-memories

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users